Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia, Weather Chat...July 1st 2015...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and cloud formations

I see a lot of elevated lightning and a couple of rummbles of thunder

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

Stevenage is like a never ending version of "Flash Bang Wallop What a Picture!"

Edited by Timmytour

Posted

some strange lightening in north london.

the sky is lighting up every few seconds and no thunder or rain. I saw this once before many years ago in southern france.

What is it? Its quite a sight

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Looks like it's all to West of here. Enjoy it you lucky lot but be safe.

Been a chilly breeze here all day !

Posted

some strange lightening in north london.

the sky is lighting up every few seconds and no thunder or rain. I saw this once before many years ago in southern france.

What is it? Its quite a sight

Could be flashes high up in the cloud and do you have clear skies around you?? The cloud could be further away than you think..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Been thundering and raining on and off for the past hour, it got pretty windy before the storms came through too, should be much fresher tomorrow. Rain amounts are still low though. :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Been thundering and raining on and off for the past hour, it got pretty windy before the storms came through too, should be much fresher tomorrow. Rain amounts are still low though. :(

Wind is defo up here from earlier, sky is as clear as a bell though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Wind is defo up here from earlier, sky is as clear as a bell though.

I thought you were in the thunder zone. Did you have any thunder earlier?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Even though I've missed out tonight so far, except for seeing distant flickering, without a doubt, this year has already been the best for storms in our area for a very long time. You can almost guarantee that next year someone will say though that storms "ain't what they used to be"...

More to come mid next week? :)

Posted

Could be flashes high up in the cloud and do you have clear skies around you?? The cloud could be further away than you think..

yup patches of clear sky and cloud. Its probably quite far away but it looks like the lightening is spanning across the sky not towards the ground. Very frequent and totally silent

Posted

I can recall a night like that with clear skies in Glasgow think it was October 2012 while driving about.. I could see a fairly frequent flashing in the sky which looked like was something on the ground flashing into sky in the west end of the city. A calm night and didn't think anymore of it.. Next day I heard loads of people talk about it and loads of posts on Facebook and other forums about people finding it strange.. Turned out it was actually lightning 25-30 miles away coming up the west coast affecting Argyll. Was mild in Glasgow with clear skies but just shows you while no cloud infront of the cell what you can see so far away..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well I have been left high and dry here. Too far east but left with quite a light show to my north west.

Work location seems to have been clobbered again so no doubt I will hear all about it at work.

In fact the areas here are pretty close to my prediction in the end, just more or a north east vector meaning norfolk has been affected more widely and the likes of Lincolnshire have largely missed out.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Omg . I've just watched the best lightNing show of my life from here. Constent fork lightning to my North every second at least. Feel sorry for folk underneath it but wow . Fantastic

Can you see lightning from your location captain

• Like 1

Posted

Not sure if you can upload videos but trying anyway, spectacular light show today! Continuous flashes from every direction for a good hour!

Intense rain too! Right from around 10pm till around 1am, never seen auch intense rain for such a long period of time

Edited by weatherfreak:D
  • Like 1

Posted

I thought you were in the thunder zone. Did you have any thunder earlier?

Nope missed into the north sea, some north of me on land, but none here this time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Lit up like a Christmas tree!! As I said the other day, every picture tells a story! Strikes currently running at 347/hour.

Fri 01.30 post-20040-0-39050500-1437093835_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

4th July? Kid's stuff. Only just got back in grin emoticon I've had the most FANTASTIC night and morning, lightning in every available colourway, no thunder, some thunder, constant thunder, shotgun thunder, CGs, anvil crawlers, CCs and only got wet once from the small cell which was in front of the main band. Just amazing, awesome and hopefully some pics! Must have some sleep......

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well a clear start here, I am sure I will here plenty of storm stories during the day up in Cambridgeshire.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

What storms.???

Couple of heavy drops of rain around 7 ish, nice night, no idea what any ones on about lol....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Never heard a thing in Ealing last night, must have been a hell of a thunderstorm in Cambridge though, my work place is under a foot of water this morning

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

What a great night for storm fans. We're doing well in our Region so far this summer and there's another 6 weeks to go before end-August. Nothing at all for me, but I enjoyed watching it all develop and track NE. The real-time lightning strike charts are nearly as good as being there! :nonono:

Just reached 19C here at 08.00. I think the problem today will be a rather stiff breeze taking the shine off the day. You'll need to sit in a sheltered beer garden! :D

Posted

Still humid though this morning, thought it was meant to clear the air, 95% humidity, 16 temp.