Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia, Weather Chat...July 1st 2015...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A high of 26C, lots of sunshine and lots of booze, a cracking Saturday. Perhaps marred by me trying to order McDonald's whilst pretending to be a pirate.

Oh well drunkenness happens  :rofl:

• Like 2

Posted

Missed the festival this year which I usually come up for. 2014's was hot too (I think I went on the Friday) with thunderstorms in the evening. 

In a couple of weeks' time, it's compulsory to be a pirate in Hastings. Always a good laugh.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Well cloudy morning.

No rain as expected, just bit drizzle.

So back to watering plants.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

BBC weather going for thunderstorms on Wednesday for me. I expect this rare symbol to disappear shortly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Just looked on the MO 5 dayer which aren't that good to be honest.

Its amazing I have to hunt for any sort of sun symbol. :nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Pretty cloudy here today, sums up a good part of this week with fronts straddling the region, not really bringing any rain, just dividing the heat over SW Europe and the cooler air to our north.

Wednesday and Thursday look better as the cold front pushes through with a warmer day on Thursday with sunny spells.

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

pouring here in bedford, thankfully the washing was brought it before it really came down. On a working day i would be getting ready for the school run, it always pours about now if it's gonna rain. You couldn't make it up.

Posted

No rain what so ever here again!!'?!'!'

Some tasty showers on radar though heading my way at last!!!

My new neighbours a couple of doors up kicked off a bbq at 14.30 ish this pm (house-warming?) and they're still out there giving it some welly! I wonder if anyone will mind if I stroll in and introduce myself?

Anyway, I've been really impressed with today! At 20.00 this evening it was still 21.5C - lovely! It's been better than yesterday IMO (but that's probably because I'm not working today!). After such a nice day I think I can even put up with a disappointing day tomorrow.

So, some sharp showers around tomorrow pm? NMM at 17.00 attachicon.gifNMM Sun12Jul 17.00.png

Hi BW :)

NMM has caught this out well a trail of rain showers is feeding in along the M4 into London.

Since the epic storm this is the first rainfall in what seems like months.

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

NMM has caught this out well a trail of rain showers is feeding in along the M4 into London.

It's a bit tropical out there, the rain is like a tap, sudden two minute cloud burst, then it stops for a few minutes, before another two minute down pour. Had three rainbows already today. Was going to take a photo, but everyone knows what a rainbow looks like. Rain amounts are still poor, need the showers to get going properly and last for two weeks to make up for the drought conditions. Hopefully mother nature won't balance things out by making it left trouser leg down non stop this winter.  Another snowless winter and I'm moving oop norf (Watford) :angry: 21.5c

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 2

Posted

It's a bit tropical out there, the rain is like a tap, sudden two minute cloud burst, then it stops for a few minutes, before another two minute down pour. Had three rainbows already today. Was going to take a photo, but everyone knows what a rainbow looks like. Rain amounts are still poor, need the showers to get going properly and last for two weeks to make up for the drought conditions. Hopefully mother nature won't balance things out by making it left trouser leg down non stop this winter.  Another snowless winter and I'm moving oop norf (Watford) :angry: 21.5c

It will take some significant rainfall to balance it out. My you are on the cusp of being a northerner! I always think north of Watford as a baseline it's not even far north in retrospect. You will have better chances concerning snow settling or the tipping point between rain/sleet to snow with Watford being in northern Home Counties. What pulled you away? :D

• Like 1

Posted

It will take some significant rainfall to balance it out. My you are on the cusp of being a northerner! I always think north of Watford as a baseline it's not even far north in retrospect. You will have better chances concerning snow settling or the tipping point between rain/sleet to snow with Watford being in northern Home Counties. What pulled you away? :D

I spent three years in Watford :cray: What a horrible, hideous, hell hole :bad:, full of drunks and wierdos and that was just my uni :shok: The high street at the weekend is a chav war zone! (sorry to anyone from there :oops::friends: ) I actually prefer NW slumdon :shok: It was like visiting  the artic though. :cold:  Never seen so much sleet. I would leave slumdon and it would be raining, halfway to Watford it would be wet snow, by the time I'd got to hell, there would be a couple of inches on the ground, so you are right, it makes a big difference. Then the return journey, snow/sleet/rain :( Another downpour here, still very warm indoors.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Yes, top marks to yesterday's NMM for an accurate rainfall forecast for this afternoon. There's certainly been some very hefty showers here this afternoon (17.00 ish), giving 5mm of rain in half-hour or so for my garden. (Much appreciated!). My satellite signal has just been dropping out due to the latest heavy shower this evening. Showing up nicely right over me on the 18.45 radar: 

post-20040-0-83588500-1436725383_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted

Some sunshine this afternoon after a rather gloomy morning. Rather warm with a high of 23C.

Week forecast coming up, though I am struggling a bit for once as we sit on the boundary between the heat over France and the fresher Atlantic air to the north with a slack and complex pattern overhead. The joys....

Posted

So here we go....

Monday

post-17424-0-72136400-1436730072_thumb.p

Slack west/south west flow

Fronts will push north east during the morning bringing some steady rain. Drier during the afternoon with some brighter spells possible.

Temperatures

nmmuk-0-27-0.png?12-19

Probably 21-24C, there is warm air over us (+8 to +10C), so if there are any decent sunny spells then it could get warmer than this.

Tuesday

post-17424-0-56705800-1436730074_thumb.p

Similar set up, but probably seeing another pulse of rain move east/north east later in the day. Some bright or sunny spells possible again.

Temperatures

nmmuk-0-50-0.png?12-19

22-25C

Wednesday

post-17424-0-73876000-1436730076_thumb.p

Light northerly flow

Early rain or showers should clear to leave a brighter and slightly fresher day with sunny spells.

78-582UK.GIF?12-12

Still warm or very warm at 22-25C

Thursday

A messy day with a warm front pushing north east across the north west of the UK, our region left in the warm sector with a brighter continental flow pushing over us meaning sunny spells should develop. That said this flow will have some decent instability so we could see another bang moment from late afternoon onwards.

Temperatures

102-582UK.GIF?12-12

26-29C, depending on the strength of the push of heat from France, 30C would not be ruled out.

Friday

Uncertainty on the clearance of the cold front, but what will follow will likely be a rather brisk westerly flow, so early thundery rain should clear to leave a fresher day of sunshine and a few showers.

Temperatures - 21-24C, a rough estimate.

Whilst a lot of grim comments, I don't think this week will be that terrible, temperatures look above normal overall. Just sunshine could be difficult to find at times.

Weekly rainfall total

168-777UK.GIF?12-12

Not drastic at all for our region, half an inch at best and even that dependent on any thundery outbreaks we see, otherwise most other rainfall will be rather light as the high to our south squeezes the life out of any fronts which do come our way.

Oh I am hoping the ECM is right for week 2, would be brilliant to get a widespread spell of sunny summer weather.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Not a lot of pleasant things you can say about a Monday morning like this! Grey and drizzly. :( At least it's not cold - just reached 16C here.

Matt on the Beeb used a good graphic this morning to show the "wriggling, waving weather front" draped out across the Atlantic. We need to hope the Thurs/Fri development on his graphic goes up the west coast of Ireland so we get a nice waft of hot air from France! :smile:

post-20040-0-72600700-1436772627_thumb.j

Posted

Not a lot of pleasant things you can say about a Monday morning like this! Grey and drizzly. :( At least it's not cold - just reached 16C here.

Matt on the Beeb used a good graphic this morning to show the "wriggling, waving weather front" draped out across the Atlantic. We need to hope the Thurs/Fri development on his graphic goes up the west coast of Ireland so we get a nice waft of hot air from France! :smile:

attachicon.gif20150713_081827_resized.jpg

Apparently it is a 2000 mile long weather front of complete and utter tedium with a weeks worth of drizzle on it ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ! Not surprisingly, it is drizzling here and as humid as the Amazon despite it only being 20c :vava: :vava:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Cloudy drizzly and humid, this week needs to move through quickly. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Put loads of plants in at weekend so nice drop of rain to get em going!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Vile weather, cloud, drizzle muggy, windy. Only good for spreading blight to my potatoes and tomatoes! Not enough rain to be useful, enough to be annoying. Typical UK crap. Thursday at least looking hotter/sunnier but a one day wonder again before Atlantic winds come blasting in. Further outlook not great either. What a waste!

Posted

I find it ironic some are complaining when we've had almost continuous warm sunshine for virtually weeks on end. It is quite humid around 22c it ain't looking very summery quite drab and monotone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

I find it ironic some are complaining when we've had almost continuous warm sunshine for virtually weeks on end. It is quite humid around 22c it ain't looking very summery quite drab and monotone.

Wouldn't mind if the humid part went, the only blinking weather I dislike. Sweated less in doors when it was 32 outside. The humidity was only something like 45% 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

I'm complaining because a) any rain here is drizzly and is not doing any good at all, b) these conditions are perfect for blight to thrive and all kill my potatoes/tomatoes that I've worked my ass off to get growing, c) this year has been challenging for someone trying to be self sufficient in growing their own fruit/veg due to drought conditions, d) I'm in a bad mood today and e) it's a free country with free speech and it's nice to talk/get excited/whinge about weather on here as nobody I know has any meteorological interest at all lol. I shall now go and have a coffee and try to cheer up!!

• Like 3