Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia, Weather Chat...July 1st 2015...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!

Big congratulations Dave on your 45th wedding anniversary - I think you would prefer to be in Eastbourne, compared to Chelmsford during that heatwave.

On my FB I saw a beautiful photo of Canada Water area during sunset. (That pointy structure to the right is a Library btw).

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Hello Daniel,

Many thanks for your good wishes.

Kind Regards

Dave

• Like 1

Posted

You're most welcome Dave.. :)

Today marks 10 year anniversary of 7/7 10 years ago where did it go. RIP to all those who lost their lives and my thoughts are with those who are still scarred physically and mentally from that diabolical day of terror.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Got a nice sunny afternoon now, feels lovely out doors but to hot indoors with the humidity at 83% and rising, 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Hi everyone,

After lurking and viewing this forum for quite some time I thought I'd take the plunge and join up.

As a weather enthusiast I love reading through posts during active weather periods and the fact I'm able to learn through knowledgeable members is a bonus. So thank you

I live in Harpenden, Hertfordshire and my favourite type of weather is snow. A close second is summer heat and sunshine!

Living were I do, we seem to do pretty well in snowy periods and very well during the summer months.

I would have to say my least favourite weather is Rain, whether that be in winter or summer & mild westerlies in winter.

Weather related pet hates: When folk complain in summer that it's to dry and we need rain. It's the UK - pretty sure it will rain enough post any drier periods to compensate a 2 week dry spell.

Weather loves: Hype regarding anything snowy in winter and a good ole thunderstorm in summer!

Not a regular poster but I'll be sure to be around come the next heatwave.

Ciao for now

Ben

Edited by Ben Lewis
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Welcome to NW, Ben! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Temperatures have reached 23C again today so not too bad, there were a few showers lurking around at lunchtime where I worked, though it was mostly sunny for the journey home.

• Like 1

Posted

Welcome Ben, could you please add your location - via your settings please. :)

Also we do need rain, rainfall has been much below average, for the past 6 odd mont, we have had a very dry winter and a very dry spring, also another dry summer looks set to follow; if this persists, by next year there will be hosepipe bans. London globally strangely has a reputation for being a rainy city. :blink2:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Despite some very threatening skies this morning, the rainfall here was barely enough to dampen the ground. I was glad about the lack of rain as I was working on a skylight on a factory roof today. But not so welcome was how windy it turned out this afternoon! Really quite blustery. Temp was great, reaching 22.5C.

But the weather highlight of the day was the wonderful cumulus clouds this afternoon. Just great to stand and admire - all the different shapes and shades!

Hadleigh this afternoon: post-20040-0-78071200-1436296734_thumb.j

Edited by Blessed Weather
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

work up to rain and yuck which then stopped, and then as i was walking home from taking bubs to school it was like someone had spat on me, strange heavy drizzle stuff, watched the dark cloud which was the heavy stuff in the distance. Lovely day temperature wise for me with a keen wind, as the bedford wind never seems to not deliver, although strange when i was watching our storms the other night :air_kiss: not a peep of a breeze, but i love how it felt outside with all the lightning. *a-hem* *cough*

18C and the wind just blew the lounge door shut. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

This weather is nutty, 20c at best for Wednesday with single figure temperatures for Wednesday night, then 26c by Friday and warm nights returning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

This weather is nutty, 20c at best for Wednesday with single figure temperatures for Wednesday night, then 26c by Friday and warm nights returning.

Only for a day though (Fri)! By Sat cooler again and the weekend doesn't look all that great. Would be so nice to have 26C for more than a day, perfect summer temp imho, not too hot. The drought goes on, meanwhile, despite the cool down....shame last weeks storms didn't give us a good soaking.

Posted

Only for a day though (Fri)! By Sat cooler again and the weekend doesn't look all that great. Would be so nice to have 26C for more than a day, perfect summer temp imho, not too hot. The drought goes on, meanwhile, despite the cool down....shame last weeks storms didn't give us a good soaking.

Didn't know that it will be back to cooler weather by Saturday again. Really do need some heavy rain here too, I had a 10 minute cloudburst today, but that was it. The recent storms delivered nowt here. Tomatoes are looking ill :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Didn't know that it will be back to cooler weather by Saturday again. Really do need some heavy rain here too, I had a 10 minute cloudburst today, but that was it. The recent storms delivered nowt here. Tomatoes are looking ill :(

Looking at the fax charts a cold front will rush over Fri overnight. Sat looks ok but windy so nothing exciting. It is extremely dry now, brown grass, shrubs and trees showing stress and am spending hours watering the allotment every week. Water pressure terrible too!

Posted

Morning,

Very fresh here this morning with light rain.

Last week storms + Torrential rain for 20mins yesterday = No brown grass or shrivelled vegetation in my neck of the woods.

Looking forward to the warm and sunny weather Friday.

Posted

^ And if the GFS is to be believed, there's no prospect of any heavy rain over the next fortnight. If you run the UK Precipitation charts, it takes until the 21st Jul before there's any green shading over our Region. All the heavy stuff to the north of the UK.

Today's light showers look more of irritation value for most of us than of value in watering plants! Having said that, Carol on the Beeb says Lincs and Norfolk might see a heavier shower with a rumble late this afternoon and into the evening.

Grey, breezy and a cool feeling 15C here at the mo.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

People should really stop trying to sell these north westerly airstreams. 100% cloud cover and a real chill in the air. To think a week ago it was warmer than this at well..... any time.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Yep back to the weather that plagued May and most of June, grey, cool and breezy in London. No end in sight to the Atlantic dominance on this mornings runs either. A few nice days here and there but always transient

Posted

Chilly, windy & heavy rain currently here.

Truly horrible!

• Like 1

Posted

Yucky day here, the vile howling wind is back again and really going for it lol, some showers around but nothing useful, just annoying. Not cold at 21C but more like October. Days off work tomorrow til Sat so might get something better temporarily! Hope anyone moaning about the warmth last week is satisfied with today!

• Like 2

Posted

We have had a few sharp showers apart from that not much else a bracing wind a below average day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Chilly cloudy day for the most part with some hefty showers in the afternoon.

Posted

Wonder how cold it got oop norf last night? :cold: :cold: Stayed at a comfortable 10.1c here so up there in the wilderness (Watford northwards) :D they must have got down to single figures. Sunny morning here! I wonder when the first snow charts will appear? :oops: Better hide from the pitch fork and flaming torch mobs who will be hunting me down for mentioning the S word in July. :sorry:

Posted

Well, heard my first Christmas advert on the radio a few weeks back. They start earlier and earlier I swear.

Posted

I don't know whether anyone else thinks the same, but to me, so far this summer the best couple of days of the week seem to fall on a Thurs & Friday, then it goes Pete Tong for the weekend? So here we go again! Lovely today and tomorrow with loads of sunshine and warmth. :)  Then it goes downhill with a cloudier Saturday and a drab Sunday. :nea:

This morning's GFS for 12.00 Sunday: post-20040-0-67150000-1436425971_thumb.p