Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia, Weather Chat...July 1st 2015...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

The cloud is thickening up here, the Euro4 model is predicting around an inch of rain from this band over Kent and the far eastern parts of East Anglia, the west of the region should stay dry though, the GFS gives half an inch widely across the region.

I am still unconvinced that this could be thundery, possibly in the heaviest bursts which could contain some gusty winds and possibly hail as the factors look pretty good.

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted

The cloud is thickening up here, the models predicting around an inch of rain from this band over Kent and the far eastern parts of East Anglia, the west of the region should stay dry though.

I am still unconvinced that this could be thundery, possibly in the heaviest bursts which could contain some gusty winds and possibly hail as the factors look pretty good.

The rain has just started here and I definitely heard a rumble of thunder this time.

• Like 1

Posted

Oooh just woke up and realised it's getting dark out there. Just looked back at the previous post... fantastic... hoping for another storm now and I just heard a little rumble in the distance

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Spells or thunderstorms.

Well well well what night...

Not 1, not 2 not 3 but 4 thunderstorms traveled over me ..

All maturing I was the breeding ground for people north..

Not the best night ever for me, all the lightning was in cloud and storm severity nothing compared to what I have witnessed .

Yes, I saw one of the storms that went over that way in the distance. It looked quite elevated. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

That's quite an area of heavy rain coming into Kent and Surrey and heading NE, but you'll have to be to the right of a line from London to the Wash to see any rain, as the front will be moving off into the North Sea. 

I think any rain at Silverstone will be from the bands of heavy showers moving into the SW and Wales. A very nice line forming over Cornwall and Devon that might have Silverstone's name on it? But I've noted the Captain's earlier comment about the showery flow getting cut off by the next Azores ridge.

post-20040-0-83534500-1436082262_thumb.j

After a lovely sunny start the high level cloud is building now. Temp 19.1C at 08.45, so very pleasant.

EDIT: Matt on the BBC Forecast has just said any showers arriving at Silverstone will get there after the race has finished.

Edited by Blessed Weather
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Spells or thunderstorms.

Wait - how come I can post on this thread, and not the storm and convective thread. Strange. 

Oh yes, weather now, and it is very dull and grey. I might see some rain, I suppose.

Edited by Rain123

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Heard a couple of distant rumbles and its now raining heavily,typical really,the wifes workplace are having their annual fete today so after the lovely week im a tad annoyed that on my only day off the heavens have opened

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Great we miss the night rain and now a ruined sunday again.

Pouring here already earlier than expected.

Dark as anything, no storms just poxy rain on a sunday.

So depressing. :angry:

Oh well at least I don't have to water the garden, but didn't get to pick the strawberries.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Defo just rain in this corner now, haven't heard any distant rumbles for a while now either.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Im hoping it goes through rapidly and clears fairly quickly

• Like 1

Posted

Im hoping it goes through rapidly and clears fairly quickly

Me too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Please send the rain here, am desperate for a nice soaking! Frustrating as it is passing a few miles to the E and looks like it won't affect here but will be cloudy and chilly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

I'd like a pound for everytime the weather on a Sunday is rubbish apart from the evening when it always seems to clear up & be sunny all too late!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

It starting to rain around half 9 and has been wet ever since. All the thunder seems to be in the north sea, very much the dividing line between the rain and thunderstorm areas today. 

Posted

well i see their another band  that might have silverstones name  on it coming from the  west

Posted

Has anyone seen the tweet yesterday from BBC/met office showing every single bolt of lightninh. Over 120,000 flshes that is anazin

• Like 1

Posted

Wait - how come I can post on this thread, and not the storm and convective thread. Strange. 

Oh yes, weather now, and it is very dull and grey. I might see some rain, I suppose.

Hi you may have been naughty :oops: which has prohibited you from you entering convective thread for a period of time PM a mod and you should get a reply, we had some nice rain in the morning it cleared to my east now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/features/33402183 Weather for the week ahead, warm, cool, hot, then warm again. Sunny, then a bit of rain, then sunny again. Already July :oops:  The nights are drawing in :oops: it'll be winter soon and the hunt for sleet will begin :oops::cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Oooooooo christmas

:shok: It will be sunny Christmas Day. 9c, it always is. Talking of sunny, the sun has still got some juice in it, 25c here, despite the patchy cloud.

Edited by lassie23

Posted

:shok: It will be sunny Christmas Day. 9c, it always is. Talking of sunny, the sun has still got some juice in it, 25c here, despite the patchy cloud.

Christmas Day was quite chilly last year? Although on New Year's Day it reached a balmy 15c

Posted

After this mornings rain cleared off it has been a lovely day here. 19 the high though. and humidity is still 93. It's the humidity I don't like lol. When will that drop.