Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - 04/07/15 Onward - Heat & Plumes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

There is a real squall line beginning to develop now from Rhyl to Chesil Beach. Some quite strong radar returns in NE Wales but no sferics on the maps. I wonder if this is a case of lightning not registering with the detectors as it is not CG lightning? Anyway, it will be interesting to see if this line of convection peps up like the one on the 5th July did as it moved over South Yorkshire and Lincolnshire (where else?).

Still 19°C with 72% humidity so pretty sticky this evening.

Edited by Muffelchen

Posted

Are these still shots from a clip!,if not,you are quick with the thumb :D

what phone r u using?

Burst shots using a Samsung S6.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Burst shots using a Samsung S6.

Thanks DW. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Pretty intense rainfall at the moment but no lightning seen or thunder heard.

Edited by Carl46Wrexham

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Spells or thunderstorms.

It seems to has have weakened, oh well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Spells or thunderstorms.

I wish I was visiting my relatives in new Milton.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair Weather, Snow, Thunderstorms

The IOW has done very well this summer so far

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

It seems the north sea is doing well again,off the coast of NE england,night all

Posted

A flash of lightning every minute or so illuminating the clouds toward the Isle of Wight. It's a strange sky cause looking north east towards petersfield/South Downs stars are shining nicely though the cloud breaks. Been a weird evening weather wise

Posted

have the bbc got this wrong again,  they showed lightning graphics dancing all over the north of england at what would be this time,   instead a few sporadic flashes 300 miles south on the dorset / hampshire coast LOL.  a non event here , just got moderate rain,  yawn

have the bbc got this wrong again,  they showed lightning graphics dancing all over the north of england at what would be this time,   instead a few sporadic flashes 300 miles south on the dorset / hampshire coast LOL.  a non event here , just got moderate rain,  yawn

yep load of super dupere :(...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Great surprise here, just had a couple really intense Dry Thunderstorms moved over the island, the cgs were incredible, so so powerful and amazingly structured! And so clear! no rain just thunder and lightning

• Like 4

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

When I watched their forecast yesterday they stressed that any risk of storms was marginal which is borne out by the narrative forecast for your area. How should they be expected to put that in a graphic? A no win situation for them if you ask me and not worthy of criticism. Especially from someone who spends a lot of time on a dedicated weather forum and should realise that.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

A few spit/spots starting here.

Posted

When I watched their forecast yesterday they stressed that any risk of storms was marginal which is borne out by the narrative forecast for your area. How should they be expected to put that in a graphic? A no win situation for them if you ask me and not worthy of criticism. Especially from someone who spends a lot of time on a dedicated weather forum and should realise that.

Stop defending their fails ,  latest forecast at about 9.00pm was adamant about storms over the north at midnight,  with lightning graphics all over the shop WHY  , no word of anything marginal, infact the words were , 'we have already seen thunderstorms in the southwest now marching eastwards and northwards . a lie , the thundery stuff is restricted to the far south, if it all kicks of in the next hour I will give them credit 

Posted

Lets give it time before we do slate them then.. Not that this is the thread for it.

Stop defending their fails ,  latest forecast at about 9.00pm was adamant about storms over the north at midnight,  with lightning graphics all over the shop WHY  , no word of anything marginal, infact the words were , 'we have already seen thunderstorms in the southwest now marching eastwards and northwards . a lie , the thundery stuff is restricted to the far south, if it all kicks of in the next hour I will give them credit

you need to go to the usa and see a prairie prowler in full majesty to get your woes out of your system :)..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Some very pretty skies today with 'plume-like' clouds plus a big area of mammatus moving over this evening. Still warm and humid out so I'd say storms were on the way but not much on the radar/models...