Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Autumn 2015

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Speaking on behalf of the other 99% of the population, I hope it doesn't! Let the cold nights come when they should I.e late October onwards.

I hope it dosent really either, from around Sunday if a winter month could be exceptionally cold, especially next week under that high, minus double digit minimums maybe, but of course the question would be dirty high or clean high, if dirty no cold

Edited by Ilovethesnow
  • Like 1

Posted

No use having cold till October when we can get frosts. Northerlies and northeasterrlies in September usually just bring dull chilly weather, its just never cold enough to freeze. Especially tedious when you know 20C is easily possible.

Look at 1993 when all three autumn months were cold: November was memorable, October had its moments, but September was horrible.

Edited by Summer of 95
  • Like 3

Posted

Autumn continues summers cold, cloudy and temp just scraped to 12° as we get to afternoon. Would love some sunshine and even an average temperature. Dire but at least dry.

Posted

I don't think I've ever gone into September feeling so drained and deprived of a summer, amazing how not one weekend all year was garden/beach worthy, just praying GFS is onto something next weekend as this coming warmer/sunnier week is a waste now the sun's to low after work to notice it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.

Some pretty low temperatures about this morning. Shap is at 1.2C, Benson 1.7C, and even Gatwick is only at 3C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

I don't think I've ever gone into September feeling so drained and deprived of a summer, amazing how not one weekend all year was garden/beach worthy, just praying GFS is onto something next weekend as this coming warmer/sunnier week is a waste now the sun's to low after work to notice it.

GFS looks wrong, certainly Sunday will end up horrid, 00Z already backtracked towards ECM

Posted

Some pretty low temperatures about this morning. Shap is at 1.2C, Benson 1.7C, and even Gatwick is only at 3C.

Not surprised to see such temperatures, conditions last night were ripe for low temps due to no cloud cover, light winds and an injection of polar air. We've seen lower temps under similar set ups in August. Parts of the Highlands can easily get down to 0 degrees at this time of year under similar synoptics. Cloud over the coming nights may put pay to temps any lower than last night, but certainly not out of the question for somewhere to see 0 degrees, its time for my annual first ground/air frost thread... of the new season

Posted

Once again high pressure moves in for September, fast becoming the most predictable month of the year. 

Wall to wall sunshine currently without a cloud in the sky, last time we had a day like this was April!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

8C min last night and the inevitable Sc infill has formed - forecast was sunny but there you go.  Cloudy all day every day now in the UK.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow. snow and more snow

8C min last night and the inevitable Sc infill has formed - forecast was sunny but there you go.  Cloudy all day every day now in the UK.

Absolutely beautiful here in brentwood. Went from central heating and duvet hugging last night to deck chair and lunch on the balcony today!

• Like 1

Posted

Ghastly start to September with endless grey skies and drizzle. Thankfully much improved today due to the vile northerly flow being cut off.

Sunny most of the day and the 6th consecutive Sunday to manage at least 6 hours of sun with an average of 9 hours so compensating for the ridiculous number of poor Sunday's earlier in the year.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

Went swimming in my local lake (Hatchmere, Delamere Forest, Cheshire), water temp was a significantly below normal 16C (61F)*.  At this time of the year one would expect 19-20C, 16C is more early October.  For over 10 years I've been recording water temps every time I go swimming outdoors, summer or winter, everywhere from the Channel coast and Loch Ness.  Mine is a calibrated bucket thermo so avoids the reading changing after being removed from the water.

* a palindromic temp!  :)

How do I insert an image? the system won't let me post from a Flickr url.

• Like 1

Posted

Autumn doesn't start til I've seen a Daddy Longlegs. Official !!

*still searching*

They're here in my part of the world.

Edited by Bogman

Posted

First thick fog of autumn this morning. Sun now starting to burn it off and these chilly mornings are starting to bring out some colour in the trees. Long may this high pressure continue!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: wintry

There here in my part of the world.

Here too, have been for a couple of weeks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Autumn doesn't start til I've seen a Daddy Longlegs. Official !!

*still searching*

I saw my first one yesterday.

• Like 1

Posted

No Indian Summer next week with strong jetstream over Atlantic to W.Europe. Make most of next few days.

post-115-0-61777500-1441628231_thumb.png

Min of 1.7c at the weekend. It was ruddy lovely :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

No Indian Summer next week with strong jetstream over Atlantic to W.Europe. Make most of next few days.

attachicon.gifCOTJfQFWwAAf-aa.png

Min of 1.7c at the weekend. It was ruddy lovely :-)

A colleague's amateur station in Chesham got down to 0.4c!

Edited by Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

What the BBC were saying for this time:

THzeNht.png

What actually happened:

3xt0nbT.png

Turned out to be a nice day and reached 19C.

Edited by cheese

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Yes the symbol forecasts are over egging the cloud amounts loads again. Did the same in Aprils high pressure too.

Edited by Costa Del Fal

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

http://edelweissspitze.panomax.com/

Hi,after many years visiting this site,taken the plunge and joined at last! Very informative at all times,much better than the meto!

Thought you'd like to see a bit of the white stuff which "may" come our way in the coming months.Scroll back to 7:30am this morning on the tab. Looking good

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

http://edelweissspitze.panomax.com/

Hi,after many years visiting this site,taken the plunge and joined at last! Very informative at all times,much better than the meto!

Thought you'd like to see a bit of the white stuff which "may" come our way in the coming months.Scroll back to 7:30am this morning on the tab. Looking good

Welcome to the madhouse, markyo! :D  :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Many thanks....and mad house is a very apt term me thinks! But enjoyable mad house!

• Like 2