Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Weather Discussion 14/11/15 Onwards

Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days
29 minutes ago, loubie_4 said:

Had hail showers on and off during the night here too. ❄️

Dry here all night and currently. Very annoying. 

Posted

Dry, clear skies here leaving a sharp frost.   Nice to spot the international space station whiz by at 7:30. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Dry with variable amounts of cloud and a dawn temp of 3.8c.  More rain/showers later as a low centre moves in bringing snow to higher ground, cold rain/sleet possible to lower levels so wet rather than white with a flow off the Irish Sea and mild sector. 

ukmoz.thumb.gif.7184cd7aa603f3f1e0d45904ukmoz1.thumb.gif.85c75adae73f05456400dd7

Colder air digs in behind the low but uppers still not great.

ukmoz2.thumb.gif.9d2a987079187c6086216b7

Edited by *Sub*Zero*

Posted

Euro4 model is really poor for our art of the world this morning.

However, the Manc airport that WH posted looks decent, more esp for places further east with altitude.

Sticking with the theory that places over 200m should see at least a covering before the low moves through, if your 300m or more your pretty much guaranteed a snowy landscape over the next 4 or 5 days minimum.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Cold this morning, a bit frosty, with sleet and hail in the night which has stuck around abit on cars and driveways. Clouding over now but still cold.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Had a sleet shower a little earlier at 0.5°C but it was mostly rain. Not expecting anything today, just hoping there will still be enough precipitation around tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Meto warnings now out for the region tonight,looks like a classic

One for IMBY to me the snow warning covers anywere east of the M6

So rain or sleet at best for me.

C.S

• Like 2

Posted

A quick rogue hail shower in last 30 mins, seemed to fall from bright skies but there are quick moving showers pushing through.  Feels cold, hopefully it stays that way without any pesky mild sectors later on when the fun starts.

Posted

Buxtonweather reporting accumulated snow at Flash overnight on the A53, nothing around here however just yet. Sparing a thought for the current SPINE racers who've had to consistently compete in the cold and snow conditions of the north Pennines, many of them still a few days away from finishing at Kirk Yetholm. 

Posted
35 minutes ago, cheshire snow said:

Meto warnings now out for the region tonight,looks like a classic

One for IMBY to me the snow warning covers anywere east of the M6

So rain or sleet at best for me.

C.S

Looking good for some, will be a few happy bunnies on here tomorrow morning I think - presuming its snow people want ;) 

Posted

This is more like it, calm winds, sunshine, snow on the mountains and frost lingering in the shade. Looking forward to a week or so of wintry weather, it might not be looking epic but it's a damn sight better than what we've had thus far!

Posted

I think Thursday night into Friday could be interesting for this region with a more unstable NW'ly flow and some colder air flooding down without any milder sectors to get in the way, unfortunately those close to the coast probably won't see snowfall with on shore winds but places further inland even at lower levels got a good chance of seeing snowfall I feel. Obviously the PPN needs to there but I would'nt be surprised too see reports of lying snow on Friday morning in some parts. 

Tonight looks like a missed opportunity for me, if only that air was a bit colder because as the centre of the low heads over us, evap cooling would take place and then winds will go briefly off shore also. I don't expect lying snow but I still would not rule out seeing a little bit of falling snow if your near the coast. 

Posted

Chicken soup ..... remember the warnings try to highlight the potential for disruption from the weather, not if it is or it isn't going to snow.  You are in my opinion far enough east for at least some falling snow, whether it settles or not is another matter.

Posted
7 minutes ago, chicken soup said:

Wed 13 Jan As usual im just out of the warning zone  by a few miles.

There only a guideline chicken, could be a variation of 20 miles either side west or east with warnings like that, hopefully you get white gold! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Some rain showers moving in now with a hint of slush in the drops, was easy to see driving hitting the windscreen. Temp varying between 3/4c whilst out and about, dusting of snow on the lower hills and Skiddaw is quite white with good cover higher up, I'd say 300m upwards. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Dont think i will be lampost watching tonight,however tomorrow

Night i may be,just watched the forecast for tomorrow afternoon

Evening and plenty of snow showers through the cheshire gap,the

Presenter said N Wales NW Midlands,cheshire and Merseyside could

Wake up to a wintry scene Friday morning,and warnings will be issued

In due time.

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

I doubt Merseyside will, priciply because the air will be too heavily modified by the seaward wind in an already marginal situation. However, greater Manchester is a good bet, and the hills of North Wales.

Edited by SP1986

Posted
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl

Really beefing up on the radar, looks like the showers are starting earlier than predicted also some heavy parts in it.

Posted
36 minutes ago, SP1986 said:

I doubt Merseyside will, priciply because the air will be too heavily modified by the seaward wind in an already marginal situation. However, greater Manchester is a good bet, and the hills of North Wales.

Yes, I think this thread will be getting busy this time tomorrow as the wind starts to swing to the northwest feeding wintry showers. The ECM precipitation chart is showing a mre organised band coming through on Friday morning from the northwest before the wind turns more northerly and it then gets drier.

• Like 1