Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Weather Discussion 14/11/15 Onwards

Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

I'm quite excited by this, I know I won't see snow here, it will be wrong side of marginal but every aspect of it, is highly interesting. I recall a few years back when against expectations, we got rain here, yet when I looked out over lower ground it was white.. rather surreal situation as logic says hills get snow.

Posted
7 minutes ago, SP1986 said:

I'm quite excited by this, I know I won't see snow here, it will be wrong side of marginal but every aspect of it, is highly interesting. I recall a few years back when against expectations, we got rain here, yet when I looked out over lower ground it was white.. rather surreal situation as logic says hills get snow.

SP, I assume you are talking about the showery activity for tomorrow evening and Friday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

well tonight really.. I'll cross that bridge tomorrow evening, and we'll see what comes of it. Tonight is my immediate expression of interest, mainly because I'm going somewhere that could realistically get snow tomorrow.

Posted

Any snow round the North West atm?  

Also NMM looks fantastic for parts of the North West.

I'd expect the front to starts as cold rain and as the low rotates dragging colder air it should turn to snow perhaps even to lower levels.

nmm_uk1-42-25-0.png?13-11nmm_uk1-42-28-0.png?13-11

Posted

Outlook for Friday to Sunday:

Friday will see bright spells with occasional snow showers and a fresh northwesterly wind. Drier but cold on Saturday and Sunday, with sharp overnight frosts

our regional forecast fro Friday and Saturday! 

Posted
2 minutes ago, frosty ground said:

Outlook for Friday to Sunday:

Friday will see bright spells with occasional snow showers and a fresh northwesterly wind. Drier but cold on Saturday and Sunday, with sharp overnight frosts

our regional forecast fro Friday and Saturday!

I've got a 4 day weekend and that looks good to me, maybe a trip up in t'hills over the weekend may satisfy my snow wants!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Just plain rain so far, i'm still optimistic i'll see a few flakes later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Bit of interest for Cheshire and Merseyside early friday.......

Rain/Snowfall EURO4 Fr 15.01.2016 06 GMT

Posted
3 minutes ago, I Cumbria Marra I said:

It's been showing up for the last few hours around a 60% chance of snow between 6am and 9am. I'll be up early for sure :)

Posted
8 minutes ago, I Cumbria Marra I said:

The trough that is coming down fromwestern Scotland should affect all of us by Friday afternoon althugh by then temperatures will be a bit more marginal.

Posted
4 minutes ago, karyo said:

The trough that is coming down fromwestern Scotland should affect all of us by Friday afternoon althugh by then temperatures will be a bit more marginal.

Yep, again,altitude plays its part.

Posted

Currently have sleet in east manc @150m 

Posted

Turning sleety

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Pouring down! The smallest hint of slush... 3.4c, cold and wet - Awful! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

Well we did get snow here early this morning which layed in a few sheltered places through the day however at 297m asl we are currently getting pummelled with heavy rain. Exactly what we needed, more bloody rain! :)

Posted
4 minutes ago, Snowmad79 said:

Well we did get snow here early this morning which layed in a few sheltered places through the day however at 297m asl we are currently getting pummelled with heavy rain. Exactly what we needed, more bloody rain! :)

You should get some snow by tomorrow morning and then tomorrow evening and Friday. Then snow on the ground for you for a week! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

Yeah, Hopefully into the night when the colder uppers dig back in whilst the current band is passing through will do me nicely :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

We have had heavy rain here - no chance of any snow for us 

• Like 1

Posted

Cold rain falling, might turn a bit sleety later on it's back edge, but I'm holding more hope for tomorrow's north westerly showers, if they manage to push themselves this far inland.  The BBC have a two-flake snow graphic for me at around midday tomorrow, but a few years ago they had heavy snow symbol showing for 24hrs and it wasn't has heavy then.  It turned all very slushy at the end of the cycle.  This time the colder weather will stay in situ, so icy conditions could make things treacherous for commuters later in week.