Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Atlantic Storm #2 Barney

Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

12z GFS gust charts, at 15:00 you can see the strongest winds affecting SW Ireland as we have been seeing on the latest obvs, by 18:00 the strongest winds will be affecting Wales then quickly on into Central England and by 21:00 affecting more eastern areas & East Anglia before moving out into the North Sea.

post-9615-0-32225800-1447775466_thumb.pnpost-9615-0-03781900-1447775472_thumb.pnpost-9615-0-67615700-1447775478_thumb.pn

Posted

Interesting further south with strongest winds

Surrey your thoughts

37mph gusts at Heathrow as of 15:20

43mph gusts at London Gatwick as of 15:20

Posted

GFS 12z is almost identical to 06z as sub has posted...

Netweather high res 06z has this...

nmmukgust.png

Really models now are a guidance, it will all be down to local obvs 

areas inland coud hit 70mph  im sure people on the coasts etc have seen worse  but inland 70mph  is a bit brisk 

Posted

My cats are looking a little unsettled right now. All three in the lounge staring at the window as the wind gusts outside.

Posted

Quite gusty here, not long ago had a gust of 40mph amongst otherwise 25-30mph gusts on my station (37mph earlier on too). Just about the highest recorded since the end of March (we are in a valley so not the most exposed location) but nothing too unusual of course, windy rather than stormy.

Edited by Evening thunder

Posted

Really picking up here, a shame that i dont have an anemometer and Chesterfield sits in a stationless void on XCWeather 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Apparently, the nearby valley gets higher wind gust than hills today. Seems to be a lot of funnelling effects in valleys which could cause problems further north in more sheltered areas. Top gust here of 34 mph so far, expecting a bit higher later.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Picking up here max gust 51 mph so nothing out standing yet

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Wild conditions here, with a bit of damage about. Shannon airport has had a gust of 79mph, with gusts inland in Ireland of 70mph quite widespread at the 16:00 update here http://www.met.ie/latest/reports.asp

Edited by BornFromTheVoid

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Electricity gone in a nearby town, lights now flickering loads here... :ninja:

EDIT: Here's a handy map where you can check the power outages across Ireand

https://www.esb.ie/esb-networks/powercheck/

Edited by BornFromTheVoid

Posted

Erm....

attachicon.gifconvective showers.jpg

Estofax picked up on some potent showers forming these will aid increased convective wind gusts.. 

i was just under one of those squal lines in wiltshire ... i have never in my life of all of my 44 years seen rain like that ...i think my soul is soaked also it was that heavy and strong ..epic .

Just saw this thread while i was checking the forecast for Salisbury, thought i'd sign up to comment on these... Definately has got a lot windier already near salisbury in Wiltshire than I would have expected!

But in particular that squall line earlier!  had some pretty notable gusts associated with it, in fact I'm commenting because that one gust just before the downpour already claimed a fence panel (it was a bit loose in one corner) but still took it clean out leaning onto the neighbours car (lucky its not my fence!). I don't know what the local wind speed was but i certainly heard that gust coming!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, high winds, thunder, snow

Evening folks just thought I'd drop in, well the purple dinosaur storm has arrived lol :D The rain here earlier was torrential for awhile particularly between about 12.30 - 1pm, winds began picking up between 3 and 4pm now quite strong and gusty in the 35-40mph region I'd say at a guess. Not quite sure what to expect later on here but I wouldn't be surprised to see a few gusts into the 50's at least, I'd be very surprised if we get anything over 60mph though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Seem to be having some strong gusts but also some quite long lulls. Right now, this is nothing more than an ordinary windy westerly down here in Devon.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, high winds, thunder, snow

Seem to be having some strong gusts but also some quite long lulls. Right now, this is nothing more than an ordinary windy westerly down here in Devon.

Same here in Essex, occasional 35-40mph gusts but then like 5 to 10 minute lulls in between. I still think the strongest of the winds are a few hours away though.