Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Atlantic Storm #2 Barney

Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and a cracking thunderstorm

Just walked along the seawalk (if you know Weston-super-Mare, then the (exposed) walk way along the coast as if you were walking towards Birnbeck Pier) and my god, some of the gusts were like an invisible hand moving me like a chess piece. I'm not out with any equipment, so can't get a proper reading for you, but as a normal evaluation: It's bloody windy. Oh and the waves (coming in) look fierce. :)

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Severe gales now battering Wales with gusts up 70mph in places and top gust of 85mph for Aberdaron on the very exposed coast. 

Latest surface analysis @ 18:00,

post-9615-0-79500500-1447785208_thumb.gi

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Anyone know when this storm will peak? It's blowing a hooley here now, with flickering lights, so just want to be prepared. (Glyn Ceiriog/Berwyns)

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Gusting in mid 60's now.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Strangely winds dropping here now when they should be rising. Probably having a breather.

Posted

Anyone know when this storm will peak? It's blowing a hooley here now, with flickering lights, so just want to be prepared. (Glyn Ceiriog/Berwyns)

Peaking around now for the next hour or so across Wales. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Thanks!

• Like 2

Posted

reaching peak here for next hour or so, pincer movement coming through, but winds probably a touch stronger a few miles to the south (especially peak district tops) - still very gusty at street level though.

Posted

Recent max gusts, Lake Vyrnwy 83mph, Aberdaron 82mph, Mumbles head 77mph -  http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, high winds, thunder, snow

That's strange. It's become really quite here... Wind has died right down for about 10 -15 mins

Same here, been quiet for about 40 mins now very odd and slightly unnerving.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

5 or 6 slates just flew off our roof in the howling gale. Too exposed here, west facing slope of the Malverns.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Not that windy here actually. No big gusts it seems though we are in a bit of a dip within the local geography. However it is not significant and was expecting slightly stronger than this so far.

Posted

Hmmm ... just waiting.

A minute ago there were a couple of impressive wind gusts here in Chatham ... and now just now another. I hope that means the wind is increasing once again? ;)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, high winds, thunder, snow

Hmmm ... just waiting.

A minute ago there were a couple of impressive wind gusts here in Chatham ... and now just now another. I hope that means the wind is increasing once again? ;)

Our gusts are literally in sync with each other we just had those gusts too lol. Picking up again now, this has been a very stop / starter storm so far but as yet nothing much above 45mph here I'd say. Edited by AdamStorm7891
  • Like 1

Posted

5 or 6 slates just flew off our roof in the howling gale. Too exposed here, west facing slope of the Malverns.

I feel you pain. We're situated on a west facing ridge facing straight onto the Bristol channel. We had tiles off on 3 separate occasions during winter 2013/14. Nightmare! I used to love gales when I was a youngster. Not any more.

The sound outside now is horrendous

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Power Cut map for us in the South West portion of the country (West Midlands region, South Wales, Devon, Cornwall, Bristol/Somerset). http://www.westernpower.co.uk/Power-outages/Power-cuts-in-your-area/Power-Cut-Map.aspx

Edit: Wind picking up here quite a bit now too.

Edited by Costa Del Fal

Posted

Well peeps are saying stronger wind gusts for 20:00-midnight but I'm not convinced the wind will get stronger where I am :( ... I hope I'm wrong though.