Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Atlantic Storm #2 Barney

Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Seem to be having some strong gusts but also some quite long lulls. Right now, this is nothing more than an ordinary windy westerly down here in Devon.

It will get windier as the evening wears on but don't expect anything too much out of the ordinary, that's for areas further north from you, Wales and through Central England. 

What sort of maximum gusts can I expect to see here in Upminster (Essex)?

Possibly around 60-65mph. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, high winds, thunder, snow

It will get windier as the evening wears on but don't expect anything too much out of the ordinary, that's for areas further north from you, Wales and through Central England. 

Possibly around 60-65mph. 

Liking the sound of that 60+ ^^ :bomb:  :yahoo:

• Like 2

Posted

Sandettie Light Vessel has now hit 78mph gust..... that must be a freak gust already???

Or am I reading that wrong?  :cc_confused:

Looks like an anomaly to me, that's actually been recorded as a sustained wind. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

That's a shame, no storm Barney. :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Oak Park, which is well inland in Co. Carlow, had a gust of 78mph at the latest update.

http://www.met.ie/latest/reports.asp

• Like 1

Posted

That's a shame, no storm Barney. :(

You could get gusts around 55-60mph over the next few hours but as I said the strongest gusts will be a bit further north with Barney.. 

Posted

WOAH just had our biggest gust yet by far, must have been topping 50mph our double glazed windows just creaked :help:

Posted

WOAH just had our biggest gust yet by far, must have been topping 50mph our double glazed windows just creaked :help:

Nice! :) ...It's getting more gusty again here in medway now

Posted

The air pressure is currently 990mb here, with winds gusting into the low 40s mph. Nothing too severe yet, but the Met predict that 21:00-00:00 will be the period of heaviest winds here. If it get's exciting, I might make a video in a bit.

Problem is though you'd need night-vision. I think we're expecting the peak winds about the same time as you!

Posted

The air pressure is currently 990mb here, with winds gusting into the low 40s mph. Nothing too severe yet, but the Met predict that 21:00-00:00 will be the period of heaviest winds here. If it get's exciting, I might make a video in a bit.

Ahh well I watched the latest video forcast just before the hour on the bbc news 24 suggested it would be strongest over the next hour across wales and the next few hours crossing west to central england (later for the east); just bringing it forward abit from that 9 to midnight original forecast for manchester I expect.

Had the first array of 50mph+ gusts past half an hour near Salisbury, Wiltshire (set my anemometer up after that gust earlier!), with a lot less lulls too definately picking up another notch here now.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Gusts touching 60mph here now.

Posted

It's not looking like a really bad storm but it will take one loose branch overhanging a railway line to bring huge parts of the SE to a halt in the morning. 

Posted

Just saw the latest forecast, looks like the strongest of it is going to be between 8pm and midnight here with gusts around 55-60mph possibly a bit more. It's getting well into the 40's out there now, it's wild out there folks so take care!

Posted

It's not looking like a really bad storm but it will take one loose branch overhanging a railway line to bring huge parts of the SE to a halt in the morning. 

The worst of it hasn't arrived yet here in Essex, it'll ramp up after about 8 o'clock then there'll be 3 or 4 hours of Severe Gales.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Getting up now with some fairly big gusts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Worst of the winds have passed here, things relatively calm compared to 2 hours ago.