Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather Discussion - 20th November 2015 and Onwards...

Methuselah

Posted

In the middle of a nice wee blob here, so all white again after the painfully slow snow earlier. T is 1c

Posted
49 minutes ago, Richard Taylor said:

Well we've had snow off/on this afternoon but for all that, it hasn't really accumulated. 

Yes, same old story - milder air embedded with the trough raising the dew points and preventing accumulation. The dew point should drop soon but with it goes the precipitation by the look of things.

Posted
23 minutes ago, doctormog said:

Yes, same old story - milder air embedded with the trough raising the dew points and preventing accumulation. The dew point should drop soon but with it goes the precipitation by the look of things.

You have my sympathy! 6-7hrs of persistent heavy snow here yesterday and nothing really settled! 

• Like 1

Posted

Last of the snow showers clearing to east as wind turns to the north and P2140522.thumb.JPG.3391627d81692fe988adashowers fade. Crunching up now at 0c

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Today has taught me (again) never to trust GFS ppn charts. Zilcho here today since first light and the radar doesn't suggest that's about to change.  I spent yesterday wishing for a more northerly feed - it's just gone a few degrees too far.  All goes to show, something.

another.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
30 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

Today has taught me (again) never to trust GFS ppn charts. Zilcho here today since first light and the radar doesn't suggest that's about to change.  I spent yesterday wishing for a more northerly feed - it's just gone a few degrees too far.  All goes to show, something.

another.jpg

I may be mistaken but appears to be  a shower over you just now and a few heading down from the north this evening maybe not quite finished snowing yet this time and if your 2 month  beind theory is right and I for one think it is then we have March especially and April(Easter April 1968 for example to sea level) yet to come for lots of snowfall.

Posted
28 minutes ago, Northernlights said:

I may be mistaken but appears to be  a shower over you just now and a few heading down from the north this evening maybe not quite finished snowing yet this time and if your 2 month  beind theory is right and I for one think it is then we have March especially and April(Easter April 1968 for example to sea level) yet to come for lots of snowfall.

Yeah there was a shower and looks like there could be more.  Freezing again now after going up to 4C this afternoon.  Very little lying snow away from frosty pockets left on much of the south side of the Black Isle.

Not sure why that damned bear has reappeared.  I blame the cat.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

After a pause of a few hours, radar correct and now it's snowing heavily again here in Carrbridge. Couple of decent blobs lined up it seems.

Maybe 3" lying here now. T-shirt and dripping sound test outside suggests its below freezing.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw
1 hour ago, edo said:

Fab snow showers in aviemore today...family had a ball 

I probably drove past you today. 

Man it was a bit of a fight getting a parking space at Tesco.

Posted

Always great photos on this thread!:)

Clear skies this morning but still breezy, this kept the frost away, overnight low 0.4c in Crail.

Posted

Lovely morning, looks like we had another dusting overnight at some point. Chilly, -5c.

Posted

Couple more cms over night so nothing of real note but a cold start and everything locked frozen at -3C. Trees looking laden, yet to have one of those falls that devastates branches left right and centre but they've been served up in March many times before, this winter has picked up as it's progressed so it certainly feels like one of those that could go out with a bang

• Like 1

The charts are showing a lot of rain for western parts tomorrow, followed by a big undercut as the fronts grind east bringing a big snow risk especially to the south-east on Wednesday morning. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

South East of Scotland or SE of engurland....Yes SS I was looking out for you yesterday...waiting on you burning me up as my 7 seater kia trundled thru the snaw at a snails pace...

Aviemore was certainly bustling...I remember as a child it becoming less popular and almost run down to an extent but it's certainly git plenty going on now and a fair buzz around the place...obviously the snowy conditions helped with that given 90% of visitors probably snow lovers...

• Like 2

Posted
24 minutes ago, edo said:

South East of Scotland or SE of engurland....Yes SS I was looking out for you yesterday...waiting on you burning me up as my 7 seater kia trundled thru the snaw at a snails pace...

Aviemore was certainly bustling...I remember as a child it becoming less popular and almost run down to an extent but it's certainly git plenty going on now and a fair buzz around the place...obviously the snowy conditions helped with that given 90% of visitors probably snow lovers...

I'd agree re Aviemore - it was popular in the 70s - friends headed off there from England in winter, to my bafflement, then it was deserted in the Thatcher years (gotta sneak that in), but has been getting steadily bigger and busier since.   It's possibly the only town in Britain that has anything like an alpine feel - and I'll include the monstrous developments in that 'feel' as European resort towns can be utter carbuncles (r).

Our 'wintry week' as I thought seems to be melting away as fast as our white dusting.  I should move to Tomintoul.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

brilliant HC..... I was wondering the reasons but thatcher appears perfectly logical.....i fear it may be one of the aforementioned monstrous developments I am now involved in....... forgive me and I will be pumping money into the local economy...I do promise to use local establishments.

models looking a bit messy rest of this week, potential for some to get a dump of snow but it is looking likely back to milder temps in double figures come the weekend.....all subject to change though as quite a bit of weather before to pass through before the weekend.

• Like 1