Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather Discussion - 20th November 2015 and Onwards...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

OK you two......I'm NOT biting!:p....Fairly conpi55tent or not!:D

Edited by Blitzen
  • Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, 101_North said:

Talk of snow potential as I sit in departures! Never expected that LOL

Ah...off to the good 'ole USA if I remember correctly?   Not going to the cold part by any chance?

Edited by Blitzen
  • Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Blitzen said:

Ah...off to good 'ole USA if I remember correctly?   Not going to the cold part by any chance?

Unfortunately not! The North West where it'll be predictably mild and grey with plenty of drizzly pish!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
1 minute ago, 101_North said:

Unfortunately not! The North West where it'll be predictably mild and grey with plenty of drizzly pish!

Yeah but at least they have guns there, as well as mountains and rivers and big trees.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, 101_North said:

You can't win can you?:laugh:....Anway, enjoy your trip (in between work!)

• Like 1

Posted
16 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

Yeah but at least they have guns there, as well as mountains and rivers and big trees.

And exceptional craft ales!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, moffatross said:

Aye, 'normal service' is restored. Cold, heavy rain, lashing horizontally at Moffat too.

3 hours ago, Cheggers said:

Pishing it doon!!!

We're not long back from Kilmacolm, oh boy have I forgotten what proper rain is like. The roads were awful all the way to about Sheriffhall, proper rain all the way. The front is moving so slowly we beat it back to the Borders, and it had been raining in Kilmacolm for much of the morning. It'll be interesting to see how quickly it moves and if/when it turns to snow. I read on Traffic Scotland that there were cars stuck in snow at Gifford in the Lammermuirs, but have no way of verifying that. It's certainly still cool here, currently 3.3C/-0.3C. 

Posted
24 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

We're not long back from Kilmacolm, oh boy have I forgotten what proper rain is like. The roads were awful all the way to about Sheriffhall, proper rain all the way. The front is moving so slowly we beat it back to the Borders, and it had been raining in Kilmacolm for much of the morning. It'll be interesting to see how quickly it moves and if/when it turns to snow. I read on Traffic Scotland that there were cars stuck in snow at Gifford in the Lammermuirs, but have no way of verifying that. It's certainly still cool here, currently 3.3C/-0.3C. 

Nothing like temps and dews here Catch, 5.8c/4.8c.   Raining steadily.

Edited by Blitzen

6 minutes ago, Blitzen said:

Nothing like temps and dews here Catch, 5.8c/4.8c.   Raining steadily.

Climbing steadily now the rain is approaching, 3.8C/0C. Latest FAX charts seen to suggest a spell of snow for some parts under the second front, the 528 line is running with the front so might suggest something white. 

Posted

Yep flying back from Gatwick today and as soon as I got back to Glasgow all I saw was pish still it Glasgow after all

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Another tumbleweed evening in here... Can't see an end to winter yet, it's just there's not another widespread snowfall imminent.  Could do with a breather on Thursday as I have another day down beyond Fort Willy which should be F-U-N on summer tyres down the A82.  Nokian Weatherproofs on order but not going to make it this soon I think.

Still cold and windy this evening - stove's been on since mid-morning for a few days now and at the rate we're burning the wood, I'll be on the oil boiler back up by April...

• Like 1

Posted

Blimey..watching that front move is like watching paint dry!  6.9/6.2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

5c here and light rain...will be amazed if wake up to something white....given how quiet it is in here most must feel the same 

Posted
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold, snow, fog Summer: warm, sunny
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh

Been raining heavily since early afternoon here, 12.6mm according to the weather station. It has cooled down over the last couple of hours. It was 7.3C at 10pm, now its 4.0/2.0C. I'd be surprised if it turns to full on snow here tomorrow morning, more likely to turn sleety or maybe a bit of wet snow but next to chance of anything lying, although I thought that on Saturday too and that proved me wrong.

Posted
11 hours ago, Hairy Celt said:

Radar shows us as under rain but we're not.  Still very windy but DRY.

101N, enjoy the beer!

On it as I type! Chin chin

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold, snow, fog Summer: warm, sunny

It's already down to 2.4C here with a dew point of 0.0C. Very surprised its as low as that already. Surely some areas with a little bit of elevation must already be seeing snow falling. 

Posted

I'm about 185m ASL and we have about a 1cm covering across the roads and pavements at the moment and its coming down thick and fast. If this remains consistent and all as snow until about 11am as the MetO are suggesting, then I reckon we could see maybe upwards of 3 inches here. Anyone else joining in on the fun yet?