Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring moans, ramps, chat and banter

Paul

Posted
3 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

I know, and neither you nor I nor Mushy have written off this winter.

Quite.Mainly because I have much respect for Chio, Lorenzo, Tamara, et al and their opinions. Well that's the brown nosing over for this evening.

• Like 8

Posted
2 minutes ago, knocker said:

Yes it's odd that it requires a pseudonym but I do worry that if this much awaited cold spell goes down the swanee, not that I think it will,  we will have another Jim Jones episode.

I think we're all so used to it going tits up that we're immune now anyway, especially here in the Midlands. 

It's nice to be part of the buzz of the place though, and I do think we all know deep down that it's going to downgrade to a northerly toppler, which leaves the Midlands dry.

If we're very good, we may even get a frost! :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
2 minutes ago, cyclonic happiness said:

I think we're all so used to it going tits up that we're immune now anyway, especially here in the Midlands. 

I don't now about that CH :)

Posted
1 minute ago, Polar Maritime said:

I don't now about that CH :)

you're alright, you have 1000ft on your side :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

You know come next week :cold:

Well You know the inevitable :D     12005b16e014743ac5f544a8f1dbb166.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms - of the severe kind
17 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

You know come next week :cold:

Well You know the inevitable :D     12005b16e014743ac5f544a8f1dbb166.jpg

After the blowtorch south-westerlies before Christmas, that snowflake has got no chance

Instant Melt, upon contact with the ground

I stay out of it, one day up, the next day down, cold spell is on, then it's off, then it's on, then it's off

Too much of an emotional rollercoaster

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Winters over, the 18z OP has nailed the pattern post T300... :rofl:

gfs100.thumb.png.7d5ca67ad998e6f1d7618d5

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
1 minute ago, *Sub*Zero* said:

Winters over, the 18z OP has nailed the pattern post T300... :rofl:

gfs100.thumb.png.7d5ca67ad998e6f1d7618d5

Could be correct this time, though.:hi:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)
Just now, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

Could be correct this time, though.:hi:

Indeed, if it keeps the same pattern into tomorrow and the other models follow then we should be worried...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
5 minutes ago, knocker said:

Frankly I would bin the 18z it's a dog's breakfast.

What makes you say that?  I'm not doubting your assessment, but I was wondering what it is about the run that seems strange to you?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Interesting weather

This is what I plan to do in my back yard  when it gets chilly enough :yahoo:

Posted
24 minutes ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

What makes you say that?  I'm not doubting your assessment, but I was wondering what it is about the run that seems strange to you?

To be honest I haven't studied it in detail but it's so different to the 12z that it makes one suspicious and the anomaly doesn't suggest this scenario. That's similar to the 12z perhaps edging the trough east quicker. The next METO update should be interesting.

Edited by knocker
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Today is going to be a rollercoaster ride will the gfs pub run be just a blip we are about to find out. Cmon gfs be kind.:diablo:

• Like 2

Posted

Come from behind the sofas,in the words of Jim carey and Morgan Freeman,tsgoooooooooooooood.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Day after tomorrow.

All the cold ramping going on,people saying its gona special bla bla bla. 5oc  where i live for next week... 5 degrees!.... Hardly special is it! 

( in no way was this a IMBY post in anyway :) )

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: summer thunderstorms snow snow snow
11 minutes ago, BM4PM said:

All the cold ramping going on,people saying its gona special bla bla bla. 5oc  where i live for next week... 5 degrees!.... Hardly special is it! 

See the Met update remains the same,they still seem quite confident of this being a 2-3 day snap.

Doesn't look as good for the south west,this snow storm  everyone's going on about would be just more rain down here. Look's like we've lost the really cold air showing yesterday.

Think this cold spell could be a case of watching the snow on t.v while watching it rain outside. Nothing new for here,i might add.

Least knocker will be happy:)

This is a nimby post,by the way.

Posted
31 minutes ago, BM4PM said:

You live in Plymouth on the south west coast of England - even less cold days than my location.

You need really really special synoptics to benefit from cold and snow. Reality.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
33 minutes ago, BM4PM said:

16 minutes ago, cornish snow said:

See the Met update remains the same,they still seem quite confident of this being a 2-3 day snap.

Doesn't look as good for the south west,this snow storm  everyone's going on about would be just more rain down here. Look's like we've lost the really cold air showing yesterday.

Think this cold spell could be a case of watching the snow on t.v while watching it rain outside. Nothing new for here,i might add.

Least knocker will be happy:)

This is a nimby post,by the way.

what do you expect living in the mildest part of the country?..having said that I think a few are definitely going overboard regarding cold and snow..words like bitter cold..heading for a deep freeze and copious amounts of snow..yes it will be cold but not overly so and a lot of precip will be marginal..plus its not a done deal yet..could be another 8 days or so before any real cold hits..if it dioes?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: summer thunderstorms snow snow snow
3 minutes ago, cheeky_monkey said:

what do you expect living in the mildest part of the country?..having said that I think a few are definitely going overboard regarding cold and snow..words like bitter cold..heading for a deep freeze and copious amounts of snow..yes it will be cold but not overly so and a lot of precip will be marginal..plus its not a done deal yet..could be another 8 days or so before any real cold hits..if it dioes?

Oh no,i totally agree,learnt through bitter experience to never expect anything down here.

It's just that yesterday it was looking like a nationwide event,i could actually join in rather than cheer from the side lines.

To replace mild rain for cold rain isn't something i'm particually looking foreword to.

Still,looking good for alot of the U.K,nice to see it even if only on telly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Day after tomorrow.
5 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

You live in Plymouth on the south west coast of England - even less cold days than my location.

You need really really special synoptics to benefit from cold and snow. Reality.

3 minutes ago, cheeky_monkey said:

Trust me i know what to expect! I moved down from the midlands thirty years ago and have only seen liying snow a handfull of times. 

My point was that imo the mark of a proper cold spell is if we can get snow in around the lizzard . Only then can we say its been special :)

Or maybe im just being shellfish.