Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - A new year

Captain Shortwave

Posted

Blowing a blizzard out here in NW Norwich! Really big flakes settling on cars and grass. But the wind is really cutting.  Wasn't expecting this tonight.

• Like 1

Posted

As mentioned earlier snow at least falling for Norfolk, Suffolk and bits of Essex. 

image.thumb.png.d7e9e59be915cb5e1f275b2b

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Driving, but very wet, snow here, alexis...We have a very thin covering of slush, on windward surfaces, is all...:)

Posted

Snow seems to be thickening, and the wind is howling...From past experience, snow is about to stop and will be all-gone by tomorrow morning!:D

Posted

Met office  now for  ice becarfull in the   morning  could   bee  a bit  nasty in places, blowing a  gale out side  

Edited by tinybill

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

Norwich, is having its first real snowfall in 3years, if you head to this site  upphalkandowl.org click on their webcam which sits on top of Norwich cathedral, see for yourself 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm Summers, Snowy Winters

Looks like this feature turned out to be the right side of marginal! Teaming down here in Lowestoft with almost blizzard like conditions!

Posted

Absolutely guys, I've nae seen snow like this since January 2013!

• Like 1

Posted

Been following here through summer and winter for the last two years..,,, this is the first time since then that I have posted though.... Glad some of you are seeing the White stuff anyone want to gage the chances for the top of brighton (Woodingdean) for me? Many thanks in advance. And we'll done to the dedicated posters I really enjoy reading your comments : ) 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW
6 minutes ago, EJA said:

Been following here through summer and winter for the last two years..,,, this is the first time since then that I have posted though.... Glad some of you are seeing the White stuff anyone want to gage the chances for the top of brighton (Woodingdean) for me? Many thanks in advance. And we'll done to the dedicated posters I really enjoy reading your comments : ) 

I'd hazard a guess.  From the East it looks like we have little to no chance as the PPN drifts to the North Sea before we get a look in.  From the West we have more of a chance (maybe) but still in my opinion not a snowballs chance in hell.  And I don't even know what the dp's or temp is like out there :cc_confused:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Congrats to all those who have seen some decent snowfall this evening. It certainly seems to have produced a better result than last years efforts. Nothing here which I guess is fair considering I got a couple of snow events in Chelmsford last winter.

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Alpine glow said:

I'd hazard a guess.  From the East it looks like we have little to no chance as the PPN drifts to the North Sea before we get a look in.  From the West we have more of a chance (maybe) but still in my opinion not a snowballs chance in hell.  And I don't even know what the dp's or temp is like out there :cc_confused:

Thanks for replying, apparently the temp is 2.2 with dp of -2 

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Congrats to all those who have seen some decent snowfall this evening. It certainly seems to have produced a better result than last years efforts. Nothing here which I guess is fair considering I got a couple of snow events in Chelmsford last winter.

Well I wouldn't call it 'descent', Cap - barely a covering. But after the last two years, anything's better than nowt!

2C colder, we'd be knee-deep by now.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.
1 minute ago, steveinsussex said:

gonna prove to be a disappointing cold spell then, with the models now predicting the cold to be replaced early next week

Your like a broken record, you said no snow, no cold spell & now worrying about the outputs showing mild ( again ). Do you never learn? Its becoming boring Steve.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Kent Blizzard said:

Your like a broken record, you said no snow, no cold spell & now worrying about the outputs showing mild ( again ). Do you never learn? Its becoming boring Steve.

The majority have no snow, some have had a dusting. Doesnt look like many will get any at all. Im not sure ive never said no cold spell at all? feel free to prove me wrong, I may have said some members are ramping and ive been proved to be right based upon the next few days. Its cold ish, and will be so over the weekend, but nothing out the ordinary.... certainly not worth some of the ridiculous posts ive seen of late

Ian F has said increasingly looking like the mild weather to break through early next week, 120 hours normally fairly reliable; i Know its a volatile period but seems the form horse.

Sorry you dont like to hear the truth, id love for the models or reality to be different, I really would but I dont ramp.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Whatever, we heard the same c**p from you last winter, not getting involved with you again. Constantly on about downgrades like a broken record. This is the UK a cold spell rarely last beyond 5 days, Get use to it, plenty of Winter weather to get through before nappy wetting starts.

This what you said yesterday from ianf..

@fergieweather: W COUNTRY By weekend we see the coldest spell nationwide since March 2013: Atlantic mobility & mildness "not expected anytime soon" say UKMO     oooooh 

Edited by Kent Blizzard

Posted
6 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

Whatever, we heard the same c**p from you last winter, not getting involved with you again. Constantly on about downgrades like a broken record. This is the UK a cold spell rarely last beyond 5 days, Get use to it, plenty of Winter weather to get through before nappy wetting starts.

Im confused? would you rather I ramp and pretend something is there that isnt?

Im sorry you dont like to read it but if mild air looks like winning what should I say?!

Strange

Im also pretty sure that we had no cold weather to get excited about at all last winter and again I tried to keep feet on the ground while people like Daniel constantly ramped and got excited....

Im the biggest snow lover around, its my absolute dream to have a white xmas, a proper one with snow falling on the big day, but im a realist and stick to the facts, not hope casting

Also if you go back to 2010 im pretty sure you will find tons of posts from me going absolutely mental over the amount of snow and loving it

Edited by steveinsussex