Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Weather discussion 16/01/16 Onwards

Liam J

Posted

Looking at the raintoday radar something pretty dramatic needs to happen in the next hour or so, already the bbc raw app is going to be wrong, they had heavy snow oldham 4am onwards.

Its drizzle at 5.30am! 

Posted
1 minute ago, Weather-history said:

Yes, a little more elaboration would help. I looked at the charts and wet comes to mind.

Well feb1991 has rain and sleet at 200m so id basically throw the towel in now  if i were west of him and lower down.

Just what do we have to do to get a non marginal snow event these days!! 

Posted
4 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Yes, a little more elaboration would help. I looked at the charts and wet comes to mind.

I think he means thur night but that looks just as marginal as todays so really not sure whats so great about it?

Posted
2 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Well feb1991 has rain and sleet at 200m so id basically throw the towel in now  if i were west of him and lower down.

Just what do we have to do to get a non marginal snow event these days!! 

Unless we get what happened late January last year. That was largely rain overnight but suddenly it turned to snow around 8am

Posted
1 minute ago, Weather-history said:

Unless we get what happened late January last year. That was largely rain overnight but suddenly it turned to snow around 8am

Im not hopeful Kevin, are you , really?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

A cm of sleety slush here so hardly weather warning territory but again i was not expecting much so not that bothered.

BBC graphics showed plenty more this morning though so it's down to who gets lucky and who doesn't.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Nothing falling from the sky atm but the ground is wet, temp 3.7c DP 2c. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Following weatherpro subscription radar we should have big chunk of snow around 8.30-9 in Manchester area ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

A dry night. Temp has been  rising during the night, currently 5.1°C.  Where are these cells?

Posted

What cold and snow ? It is 4.6 C here and even on Moel Famau (555m), no white stuff. Over exaggerated forecast on the BBC, including graphics which shows full white for the Northern half of Wales for 9am...Really? :nonono:  Also, yesterday, we had at least 4 hours of sunshine despite gloomy forecast ( pics are showing Easterly and Westerly direction from near St Asaph). :oops:

20160301_142627[1].jpg

20160301_120603[1].jpg

20160301_142618[1].jpg

Edited by rain_shadow
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

A few obs i made, the colder 850's are supposed to be brought in by the low centre that passes over the merseyside area, this low centre is also supposed to pep up the ppn, but hasnt developed how it was supposed to so aall this womt now happen. Basically just anshortwave atm, but still can change i suppose

Posted

Well I'm glad I didn't get my hopes up although at around 2pm ish it's was covered outside due to hail it was banging on the Windows woke me up thought this is a good start but chucking it down now looks like Pendle has had a pasting

Posted
1 minute ago, itsnowjoke said:

Well I'm glad I didn't get my hopes up although at around 2pm ish it's was covered outside due to hail it was banging on the Windows woke me up thought this is a good start but chucking it down now looks like Pendle has had a pasting

snowline about 300m here-  might drop a bit for a wee couple of hours this morning as the heavier stuff moves through