Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Weather discussion 16/01/16 Onwards

Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!
2 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

I don't see where the precipitation is going to come from? From the radar it looks pretty much over?

Look at the ppn in SW Scotland, moving SE'wards. I would imagine it is forecast to come from there, but on the current trajectory it almost looks like it is too high to hit the NW, but maybe there will be a change in track. I am keeping my eye on it. Infact the ppn above NI is also heading SE's, so either way, ppn will hit the region. Most models have heaviest stuff over us at 9pm.

Edited by i luv snow

Posted
1 minute ago, CreweCold said:

I don't see where the precipitation is going to come from? From the radar it looks pretty much over?

I reckon they think it will pep up further west? Who knows, if you scroll through the Arpege you can see it 'happen'. If it does or not is another thing! haha

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

Just started snowing here again. :)

Posted
2 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

it is pepping up over the Irish sea, and will continue that. The band of snow is in a very narrow band which is about 15 miles to the east of where I live, so about 30 miles from the coast to try and give it some geography. and it seems to only stretch about 50/60 miles to the east. 

Posted

Well after the abysmal winter we are enduring i will take today with open arms, about 2 to 3 cm at most and its borderline, im hoping for a clearance later allowing temps to drop.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Probably best to use the radar now instead of the models as the event is happening and the models have not been 100% accurate, front dying out but may pep up later just have to wait and see. 

Posted
3 minutes ago, dodgeredee said:

MEN have a live update going http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/live-updates-actual-snow-greater-10745024#ICID=nsm

...but a few of the pics are not quite of 'the here and now'...lol

That first pic is brilliant. :rofl:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

Fragmenting - very showery at best on the radar for the next few hours.

Posted

My neighbour in glossop just confirmed 3-4cm of snow on ground up above glossop.... Enjoy.... In san diego will be in washington dc on monday where its not expected to get above -2/-3c monday/tue/wed.... 

Posted

I really hope to have to apologise this for this later but.......

i think some of you are a bit deluded, never mind what the charts say, look at whats happening, its not unfolding as forecast and there isnt much of sign of much more ppn, certainly not heavy ppn. 

Posted
1 minute ago, chris78 said:

I really hope to have to apologise this for this later but.......

Look at the radar, PPN above NI and to SW Scotland is heading SEwards towards our region... ppn also out in Irish Sea. Still lots of PPN over our region as it is. That isn't deluded. I'm not saying it is definitely going to hit us, but the ppn isn't moving W to E, and was never forecast to.

Edited by i luv snow

Posted

Yep its dying, epic fail really from even the high resmodels- i was looking at the radar and looking at 12z gfs coming out and i just chuckled, no way is that 12z gfs coming off over the next 12 hours.

Got a decent covering though, first of the winter!!:D

Posted
4 minutes ago, i luv snow said:

Look at the radar, PPN above NI and to SW Scotland is heading SEwards towards our region... ppn also out in Irish Sea. Still lots of PPN over our region as it is. That isn't deluded. I'm not saying it is definitely going to hit us, but the ppn isn't moving W to E, and was never forecast to.

Yes but look how much ppn has just passed, that gave a dusting and look significantly more than whats to come, dont get me wrong im happy any snow here is great, but It looks pretty clear we have had more than is to come.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Some heavier bits pepped up by the Irish Sea look to be heading this way soon.

Edited by James M

Posted
2 minutes ago, chris78 said:

Yes but look how much ppn has just passed, that gave a dusting and look significantly more than whats to come, dont get me wrong im happy any snow here is great, but It looks pretty clear we have had more than is to come.

If the ppn to the NW of us hits us, it looks heavier to me. As in the stuff to SW Scotland/above NI.

Edited by i luv snow

Posted
1 minute ago, James M said:

Some heavier bits peppers up by the Irish Sea look to be heading this way soon.

Well we got our first dollop of the winter james so big smiles all round!!!

Im not looking at the radar anymore this evening, it annoys me :D

Posted
1 minute ago, chris78 said:

you are just not looking at the big picture. There is a lot more to come this evening, and the Irish sea is pepping up quite a bit, this is going to continue at least overnight, the problem we have right now here in the west is the dew points, being well above freezing, but in any heavy precipitation that will fall like a brick from the sky.  The snow over our region is not forecast until much tonight, what you are seeing is not the end of it.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Temp has fallen back to 1.9c.  Is there a chance I wonder? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Sleety rain snow again, wet snow lol stick stuck on driveways and road butnot filling up, shame its just too wet here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

The precipitation has progressed further east than expected and will continue to do so, this will have the knock on effect of marginalising things further east. I suspect Met-office know this, but kept the warnings as they are in case of a new development. 

There is patches of blue sky here now in the sunset, and certainly it does look like it has fooled the models.

If things do develop however, it could be very interesting for the Manchester area. 

Here thus far we have had rain, it's currently 3.6C and doesn't really feel that cold, as there is only a light breeze to speak of.

Edited by SP1986

Posted
1 minute ago, Chris.R said:

Temp has fallen back to 1.9c.  Is there a chance I wonder? 

There is every chance, liverpool airport have it changing to snow anywhere from 8/10pm onwards.

• Like 1