Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

The rain has got lighter here and temperatures and dewpoints are on the rise.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
17 hours ago, Miamay said:

Rain seems to be easing now and is much lighter. 

The back edge is near the west coast so there will be a slight lul before all the PPN from Scotland heads south as for what falls from the sky god knows 

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards in winter, heatwaves in summer :)

I am just about to do my scooter commute to work and I can tell you it's still raining heavily here. No sign of any sleet, never mind snow lol 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

It's like pulling teeth...don't think I will bother staying up all night getting too old for that now :D might just set the alarm for 7 & hope to see a covering. Suppose cannot grumble lamppost watching in early November... not often you say that.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Frost HoIIow said:

It's like pulling teeth...don't think I will bother staying up all night getting too old for that now :D might just set the alarm for 7 & hope to see a covering. Suppose cannot grumble lamppost watching in early November... not often you say that.

Yeah im gona hit the sack soon myself, if its still rain at 300m theres next too no chance of snow for the next few hours so will be up at 6am to check, not too hopeful but you never know  :)

• Like 1

Posted
55 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

Do you know where the A591 image is taken from? We are just on the snowline here, we've had moderate very wet snow for about 3 hours, and a very slushy deposit on grass and car roofs etc. 

County council sites got a map with them all on. It's at Heasington Laithes, just up (??) from where the A6 passes under the A561.

http://www.cumbria.gov.uk/roads-transport/WeatherStations/default.asp

Posted

I think once the winds veer a little more easterly and perhaps even NE'ly, we just might see those temps and dew temps drop ever so slightly and the graphics may seem to indicate that so between now and dawn will probably be the time for that rain to turn more wintry. Still plain old rain here though.

Really going to be interesting too see what the radar is like by the morning, certainly did not expect too see the back edge of the front this early on so will it pivot or will it be once it stops, then thats it?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

lets not forget that snow is only projected to kick in for more low levels between circa 02:00 to 09:00 according to TAF's (and the Met Office warning system)

Edited by SP1986
  • Like 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, Geordiesnow said:

I think once the winds veer a little more easterly and perhaps even NE'ly, we just might see those temps and dew temps drop ever so slightly and the graphics may seem to indicate that so between now and dawn will probably be the time for that rain to turn more wintry. Still plain old rain here though.

Really going to be interesting too see what the radar is like by the morning, certainly did not expect too see the back edge of the front this early on so will it pivot or will it be once it stops, then thats it?

Looks like it will clear, but the back end may flirt with more western parts in the form of showers overnight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Ok so i've had a little sleep and i'm back now.  Still 3.4°C, but there's a little problem, it's not raining any more and hasn't been for a while. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Well, not a good morning so far. Not enough precipitation around to drop the temperature so I think that's it for snow chances here now,  and to cap it off, Trump is getting nearing to  winning!  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, storms
4 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

Well, not a good morning so far. Not enough precipitation around to drop the temperature so I think that's it for snow chances here now,  and to cap it off, Trump is getting nearing to  winning!  

Not good at all, Chris. The lack of snow being the lesser disappointment :nonono:

• Like 1

Posted

Hi all, still raining moderately at 297m asl Oldham east. Feels quite mild now too.

Posted

As expected nothing wintry here, still only affecting the highest peaks.  Looks like the jaw dropping stuff is happening on the other side of the Atlantic!

Posted

Well it's now gone a bit sleety up here. I bet it's slushy on the very tops up past grains bar. We usually do well in these setups so I am a bit disappointed tbh. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Still raining

Posted

Typical the very first signs of a few sleety flakes falling in the drizzly mix, and low and behold the main area of precipitation is edging away to the east.  I have a feeling better opportunities lie ahead this winter from the signals expressed in the social media hemisphere and of course our very own net weather experts.

Posted

It's a good job I had something else to keep me occupied last night because that  was a complete epic fail. Looks like the front moved through too quickly and so  there just wasn't the intensity of precipitation around to do the job. I think that was a little unexpected. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
34 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

It's a good job I had something else to keep me occupied last night because that  was a complete epic fail. Looks like the front moved through too quickly and so  there just wasn't the intensity of precipitation around to do the job. I think that was a little unexpected. 

It never looked like a goer in the first place. Far far too marginal.

Posted
7 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

It never looked like a goer in the first place. Far far too marginal.

I still maintain if the heavy precipitation had stuck around it would've been a close thing and I might have seen a few flakes but it just all cleared before midnight.   Interested to know what Manchester airport got as they had a status 3 alert. 

Edited by Chris.R

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
17 hours ago, Chris.R said:

Front has stalled over the other side of the pennies LBA currently having moderate snowfall I think the METO were been extra cautious with there warning but not to worry winter does not start for another two weeks.

C.S

• Like 1