Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
1 hour ago, Paul said:

More posts removed, this thread is not for personal digs at people.

Perhaps for one day a year we should have a thread dedicated purely to personal digs. It could be the netweather version of the purge. :aggressive::rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
2 minutes ago, Jason M said:

Perhaps for one day a year we should have a thread dedicated purely to personal digs. It could be the netweather version of the purge. :aggressive::rofl:

Yes - call it the anything goes - personal digs, division, hatred thread, but its only visible to those who sign up, as it would be offensive to some guests, a bit like football hooliganism but verbally instead. Its designed to get rid of the anger that builds up one over a period of time.

Posted
1 minute ago, feb1991blizzard said:

Yes - call it the anything goes - personal digs, division, hatred thread, but its only visible to those who sign up, as it would be offensive to some guests, a bit like football hooliganism but verbally instead. Its designed to get rid of the anger that builds up one over a period of time.

With the ongoing (non) easterly saga I'm feeling a lot of anger right now. Might need to keep the thread open for a few days. :diablo::D

Posted
1 minute ago, Jason M said:

With the ongoing (non) easterly saga I'm feeling a lot of anger right now. Might need to keep the thread open for a few days. :diablo::D

Yes, its really getting on my tits now, even though I do see optimism for Fen which I didn't expect to see, my forecast (didn't do an official one) was chance of cold first half of Dec, very limited after xmas - we need to start seeing that glosea show the strat warming.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
19 minutes ago, feb1991blizzard said:

Yes, its really getting on my tits now, even though I do see optimism for Fen which I didn't expect to see, my forecast (didn't do an official one) was chance of cold first half of Dec, very limited after xmas - we need to start seeing that glosea show the strat warming.

January looks like being snowless for the south, not unusual for the modern erå

Posted
12 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

January looks like being snowless for the south, not unusual for the modern erå

What do you actually class as the christmas pudding though, you cant class it as the last 20 years as a whole - because how would 2009-2013 fit in with your large teapot theory?, I belive we will do better again (could still be this winter) but more probably 2019-2020. climate change happens all the time and will continue to - no matter how much co2 we pump out (or not), climate will always change.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 hour ago, Snow Queen one said:

Sorry to hear your news BFTP.  Chin up thinking of you.  X

I second others on here Steve has been very helpful.  We lose good people when some of the posters here insist on arguing and slamming people down.  I have been here for many years and choose not to post on here as I do not feel I want to leave myself SAY to be shot down by others.  Kudos to all our very informative posters (you know who you are)  you do us proud and I have been able to learn a lot from you.

Now onto the models and I was looking forward to being busy on the SACRA thread but alas it seems I am going to have to wait a while

Peace

Sq1

This is why I posted my thoughts on what I think may happen in the regional thread rather than the mod thread. Rather scared of putting it there. 

Posted

I cannot add to my earlier post in the short range thread as it is outside the remit of the thread, so just to add from the ecm, the surface and 850mb wind analysis for T120 and T144 and to note the block is disappearing over the horizon to the east. If this scenario transpired then perhaps severe gales in Scotland and a fair whack of snow thrown in.

ecm_mslp_uv850_natl_6.thumb.png.8dfc7be0e3516299dfadfda816a77840.pngecm_mslp_uv850_natl_7.thumb.png.9c8c61112e81b87aab1f3885c842785b.pngecm_z500_anom_eur_7.thumb.png.8952e450447ce592d9a1355bf65bf005.png

PPVO89.thumb.gif.5f692cc33c65c650681b648ffddadb38.gif

Edited by knocker

Posted
7 minutes ago, knocker said:

Eurasia goes into the freezer, the eastern US warms up and we say hello again the Atlantic.

gefs_t2ma_5d_nh_61.thumb.png.d6ae18d549bf659199277b4a393c1d73.png

At least it will more exciting than the current boring stand-off!

Edited by snowblizzard

Posted
4 minutes ago, snowblizzard said:

At least it will more exciting than the current boring stand-off!

Oh I don't know about that. It's a nice clear crisp morning with a clear sky in these parts today and I expect to see Sidney out cavorting with his nuts in a minute.

• Like 3

Posted

Well that’s the first third of January gone with not so much as a frost . Looks like nothing to n second third of note in the south east either . We might get a frost if we’re lucky . Very dull period of weather imho . 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Ding dong the gloom has gone

The rotten gloom

The poxy gloom

Ding dong the rotten gloom has gone

Blue skies and dazzling sunshine has returned..lifting the spirits no end.

As for the upcoming period...not over enamoured at the thought of cold rain coming from a modified NW'ly.

• Like 1

Posted
41 minutes ago, knocker said:

Oh I don't know about that. It's a nice clear crisp morning with a clear sky in these parts today and I expect to see Sidney out cavorting with his nuts in a minute.

Yes, it's a tad cool but positively Spring like here in West Kent!

Edited by snowblizzard

Posted

Its getting boring again

Chasing rainbows year in year out.

Another pathetic excuse for a winter.

At least those in the SE get the compensation of a nice summer...us in the north west get more Atlantic guff.

O joy.

• Like 2

Posted
17 hours ago, feb1991blizzard said:

If its a  location forecast it will update everytime the GFS is run, 4 times a day, if I was going to use location forecasts (I only use them as a guide to find out what met office models are showing) then I would use Met Office or BBC ones.

Thanks for this @feb1991blizzard - useful info. I'd guessed it might be linked to those based on how they flip-flop quite a lot for anything beyond day 3. And yes, I don't rely on them - use them in combination with Met Office, and mostly for getting a feel for the "possibilities" rather than anything definitive.

Posted

Not happening is it:db:

A DECENT cold spell I mean. Nearly mid-jan and no sign of a proper cold spell with low-level lying snow.

January really has become a PATHETIC month for snow,and February not much better either.I would bet my house JAN will be above the CET AGAIN!!

WE do better for snow in March and April now.

its doing it AGAIN nearly every month since JAN87 above CET mean.Utterly PATHETIC..

What has cause the increased warmth in JAN over and over AGAIN!,

The rise of high pressure northwards forcing the jet stream SW TO NE and mild winds,but why.

Most peculiar that any other time of year we can get proper Northern blocking but in winter months we CANNOT !

ROLL on spring and the SNOW

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 minute ago, SLEETY said:

Not happening is it:db:

A DECENT cold spell I mean. Nearly mid-jan and no sign of a proper cold spell with low-level lying snow.

January really has become a PATHETIC month for snow,and February not much better either.I would bet my house JAN will be above the CET AGAIN!!

WE do better for snow in March and April now.

its doing it AGAIN nearly every month since JAN87 above CET mean.Utterly PATHETIC..

What has cause the increased warmth in JAN over and over AGAIN!,

The rise of high pressure northwards forcing the jet stream SW TO NE and mild winds,but why.

Most peculiar that any other time of year we can get proper Northern blocking but in winter months we CANNOT !

ROLL on spring and the SNOW

Possibly...But we were saying pretty much the same thing back in 1971, '72, '73, '74, '75 and '76...Longish runs of largely snowless Januarys are hardly a new phenomenon...?:D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
51 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Possibly...But we were saying pretty much the same thing back in 1971, '72, '73, '74, '75 and '76...Longish runs of largely snowless Januarys are hardly a new phenomenon...?:D

Agree with you. Despite what some in here seem to think that every January used to be a massive snow fest with big freezes galore, it’s not quite true. There have been snowier and colder decades than recently (1980’s, for example), but even in such, there were plenty of milder months and winters over all. It’s frustrating for coldies though as we’ve seen a fair run of milder winters since the mid 1990’s, with few exceptions.

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Agree with you. Some in here seem to think every January used to be a massive snow fest with big freezes galore. There have been snowier and colder decades than others (1980’s, for example), but even in such, there were plenty of milder months and winters over all. It’s frustrating for coldies though as we’ve seen a fair run of milder winters since the mid 1990’s, with few exceptions.

Its changed our climate..yes we get the odd cold winter but lets call a spade a spade here, the overwhelming trend is warmer and wetter...sorry to say anyone who denies it is denying reality.

And i got too say, reluctantly, talk of torpedos and dashboards lighting up is starting to get my gander up too.

• Like 4