Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion Thread 15/1/2018 onwards

Deep Snow please

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Possibly a dusting of snow in the morning but i’m not getting my hopes up of seeing anything more than irritating ice on the windscreen and doors which are frozen shut.

then we’ve got the chance of a bit of sleet on Saturday, a bit more possible on Sunday and then it’s all eyes on Tuesday’s event which no doubt will either go to our north, to our south, fizzle before it reaches us or will swiftly follow the mild sector and we’ll get torrential sleet..........and this was widely publicised as the coldest spell of winter 2017-18.

roll on summer with its usual north south divide of 18c and cloudy here and 28c and sunshine darn sarf.

I’d still take it over what 2018 has thrown at us so far.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

No change from Manchester/Liverpool TAFS

Both show a period of snow followed by snow showers.

C.S

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Possibly a dusting of snow in the morning but i’m not getting my hopes up of seeing anything more than irritating ice on the windscreen and doors which are frozen shut.

then we’ve got the chance of a bit of sleet on Saturday, a bit more possible on Sunday and then it’s all eyes on Tuesday’s event which no doubt will either go to our north, to our south, fizzle before it reaches us or will swiftly follow the mild sector and we’ll get torrential sleet..........and this was widely publicised as the coldest spell of winter 2017-18.

roll on summer with its usual north south divide of 18c and cloudy here and 28c and sunshine darn sarf.

?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
17 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Lol, you are tough to please

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
10 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

?

You looking forward to the coldest Feb since records began mate? :D

Posted

well i guess tomorrow morning is almost upon us, fingers crossed as many as poss see a covering of lovely snow :)

EC snow charts look generally brill, and they get even better until thur next week - i know they are not reliable but lets see what the next 7days bring (apart from saturday, thats just a lame wet day).

Edited by northwestsnow

Posted
3 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

well i guess tomorrow morning is almost upon us, fingers crossed as many as poss see a covering of lovely snow :)

EC snow charts look generally brill, and they get even better until thur next week - i know they are not reliable but lets see what the next 7days bring (apart from saturday, thats just a lame wet day).

can you post ec charts

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

The airport TAFs have remained rock steady all day with the suggestion of a prolonged period of snow between 03:00 and 08:00 followed by snow showers. I was half expecting these forecasts to downgrade. Metoffice text forecast sounds great still. If tomorrow doesn't go as we hope, at least we get another bite of the cherry on Sunday and then more possible snow during next week. An interesting few days coming up that's for sure.

Edited by Dexter
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
12 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

Lol, you are tough to please

Just being a realist and until I get my first upgrade to an event this winter i’ll remain tough to please.

oh and it’s been a long crap day at work.:wallbash:

Posted
19 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

NO

Are you in a mood or just realistic 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days
6 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Just being a realist and until I get my first upgrade to an event this winter i’ll remain tough to please.

oh and it’s been a long crap day at work.:wallbash:

I’ll be round your way for the ELR gala the first weekend of March. Would be nice to see some snow while I’m there. I might even come next week if you’ve got a load. 

Edited by Chris.R

Posted
2 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

I’ll be round your way for the ELR gala the first weekend of March. Would be nice to see some snow while I’m there. I might even come next week if you’ve got a load. 

In fairness we’ve had a bit of cover on the higher parts around the valley for much of this week and on a few occasions back in January but the amounts have been minimum and even a decent altitude like mine has seen little snow considering the potential which has been on offer.

One positive is that winter hangs on in these parts so you never know, if a few things fall into place you may see the ELR under snow.

BTW is the gala weekend the one with the Harry Potter train on show.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days
6 minutes ago, iand61 said:

In fairness we’ve had a bit of cover on the higher parts around the valley for much of this week and on a few occasions back in January but the amounts have been minimum and even a decent altitude like mine has seen little snow considering the potential which has been on offer.

One positive is that winter hangs on in these parts so you never know, if a few things fall into place you may see the ELR under snow.

BTW is the gala weekend the one with the Harry Potter train on show.

I think that’s next Thursday. Don’t think there’s anything about Harry Potter in the gala. 

Posted
1 minute ago, itsnowjoke said:

You can stand under my umbrella Ella Ella 

You ok? Lol

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

You ok? Lol

Yes it's just raining more than ever but know we'll still have each other

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

Torrential rain here.

• Like 1