Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 16/01/2018 Onwards

ronan

Posted
6 minutes ago, parrotingfantasist said:

Trying not to create a running commentary, but I can see how its going already. :nonono:

Give it a chance 

• Like 1

Posted
13 minutes ago, ronan said:

Up to 147 and sticking to it's earlier run! We can only hope that something changes in the later frames for later in the week. 

We all may see some snow this week then. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, ronan said:

Am confident enough that we will see a little snow Monday/Tuesday but there is no doubt in my mind that there will be many changes between now and then. 

Will def be plenty of snow chances 

• Like 1

Posted

Yeah snow mon night it looks like then the usual crap. Another huge letdown but to be expected I’m afraid. Time running out for any meaningful lying snow to stick around. It’s why I always take charts after 4 days with the biggest pinch of salt as they never come off. 

Edited by Neiller22

Posted

Yes of course things can change and yes their will be ample chance for snow this month but I’m just talking about a proper long lasting cold spell which are Rare these days. At least we will get lots of chances this month as you say. Could be a lot worse as we could live in southern England and be in meltdown mode at mo. 

Edited by Neiller22

Posted

That's true lol. Yeah hopefully we get a potent Northerly at some point, then a potent easterly so everyone is happy. I've a feeling we'll get a decent Northerly before the 20th. Just a hunch based on nothing more than a hunch lol

Posted

It was inevitable there was going to be a let down. The MOD thread turned into a mess, full of people saying this'll be a 2010, or 2012.  Truth is, it never was and one run would never prove that. Yet again another let down for a cold spell if anything. (This was never going to be a 2010 ever)

Posted

Snow warning for Monday but those looking for all snow can forget about. Rain and sleet below 100 metres which is s huge disappointment for most. Another backtrack. They just keep coming. 

Posted

Think the problem is everyone who wants snow,  like me, probably hopes for "snowmageddon" and when the charts show any signs it's easy to be over optimistic when realistically how often do those events really occur?!!

• Like 1

Posted
14 minutes ago, Sparky72 said:

Think the problem is everyone who wants snow,  like me, probably hopes for "snowmageddon" and when the charts show any signs it's easy to be over optimistic when realistically how often do those events really occur?!!

Not even 9 times out of ten! Roll on summer so I can be put out of my misery. Mod thread now chasing g their hopes on good signs middle to end if Feb. God if they don’t materialise after the charts that were  showing 2 days ago for this week what hope have we chasing fantasy land. 

Edited by Neiller22

Posted
6 minutes ago, parrotingfantasist said:

Upgrade from the near term Arpege, has the Tuesday front turning to snow much earlier than its 6Z predecessor so more Western parts are in the ball-game.

Yep small steps by gfs too. Fingers crossed 

Posted

The gfs, which in my opinion has modelled cold spells well this winter, has potential from Monday evening right through to next weekend. Snowmaggeden is off the cards at present, but still good to see some will get some of the white stuff this week coming.

Has been an interesting winter ao far and for me beats the relentless rain and storms which we’ve had past winters.

One more cold snap would do me.....then roll on summer, missing the bbq food and a bit of sun on my back. Want to get a bike and start cycling also :rofl:

• Like 1