Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 16/01/2018 Onwards

ronan

Posted
47 minutes ago, Sneachtastorm said:

GFS upgraded Thursday massively. Frontal snow. 

Strangely Tuesdays looks more like rain now. And met office text now changed from snow to rain and hill snow! Don’t get it. Models show good chance of snow I thought. Ah well 

Posted
5 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

A cold week ahead with snow for some.

Hopefully the trend of the atlantic fronts occluding out continues. 

Yes looks that way. Just hope Monday’s forecast changes more to snow as it would give a good Wee base to start. 

Posted
1 hour ago, Neiller22 said:

Strangely Tuesdays looks more like rain now. And met office text now changed from snow to rain and hill snow! Don’t get it. Models show good chance of snow I thought. Ah well 

Hi Res euro4 looks good Neiller.

Posted
18 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Hi Res euro4 looks good Neiller.

Yeah I just saw that which is why I don’t understand met text forecast this morn. It’s gone backwards yet models look better 

Posted

Ooo.... a nice wee snow warning out for most of Tuesday. As with showers it will be hit and miss but it will be good for some. At least there is a chance. 

Posted

Though it does say for northern Northern Ireland, then goes on to say hit and miss.The MetO loves to confused things. 2nd lowest level on their matrix which does't leave much hope.

Edited by bma79

Posted

Looks like the front will be a no show for west. East looking good. Hopefully we get something more persistent after the front with the trough, because knowing showers this year...

Edited by parrotingfantasist

Posted
8 minutes ago, bma79 said:

Though it does say for northern Northern Ireland, then goes on to say hit and miss.The MetO loves to confused things. 2nd lowest level on their matrix which does't leave much hope.

They said showers most frequent in northern Northern Ireland but that means showers elsewhere in warning area but just not as many. It’s better than nout. Will just be radar wztching. I’m happy with that. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, parrotingfantasist said:

Looks like the front will be a no show for west. East looking good. Hopefully we get something more persistent after the front with the trough, because knowing showers this year...

Yes looks good for east at min but it could get better for west as well. 

Posted
18 minutes ago, Weegaz said:

I hope this doesn’t turn to West v east argumentive forum like the MOD thread :rofl:

:D very good Weegaz 

Posted
5 minutes ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

Meh we have done ok for snow in the West, it's that time of year I start to yearn for spring anyway lol

It’s just Feb. Why do you yearn spring in the coldest part of the winter :closedeyes:

Posted
2 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

It’s just Feb. Why do you yearn spring in the coldest part of the winter :closedeyes:

Its all very stressful, I'd say its just a time to kick back and recuperate our sanity or my sanity at least.

Posted
8 minutes ago, parrotingfantasist said:

Its all very stressful, I'd say its just a time to kick back and recuperate our sanity or my sanity at least.

To me it’s the best sort of weather U can wish for in this island. Cold shots with possible snow alternating with a few brief mild  periods. Means we can always njoy a good old chase in the reliable timeframe instead of everything in la la land. It’s the Way winters of old used to be. But each to their own I guess 

Posted
1 hour ago, Neiller22 said:

Guess it's getting to be an age thing Neiller prefer being able to drive to work and get out and about in the warmer and drier weather. Those two days we get each year are my favourite ?

Posted
1 minute ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

Guess it's getting to be an age thing Neiller prefer being able to drive to work and get out and about in the warmer and drier weather. Those two days we get each year are my favourite ?

??

Posted

GFS 12z keen on bringing a trough across through Tuesday evening/night too which could be better for snow than the front on Monday night, worth watching.

Thursday sees a brief less cold few hours as rain moves in, however, the cold air is catching up and there might be back edge snow followed by wintry showers on Friday.

Edited by mountain shadow
  • Like 2

Posted

Met Eireann has a status yellow snow ice warning issued for tomorrow night in to Tuesday morning with 3cms of snow in places and likelihood of treacherous road conditions. After that possibly a trough moving through Tuesday evening may bring some snow to western and northern parts especally. Overall quite a cold week with some backedge snow possible Thursday and then wintry showers on Friday. Not a 1963 redux but a wintry week in store nonetheless so whoever sees some snow, please enjoy.... 

Hopefully this coming week is an apetiser for the main event of winter 2017 2018, should background signals lead to more robust northern blocking for second half of Feb and possibly on in to March.  

Botted Snow 

Edited by Bottled Snow