Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

COVID-19 Pandemic

Posted
6 minutes ago, emax said:

Good luck keeping your schools and events etc closed for months on end, for a slight reduction in cases

I don't think that will be an issue once deaths occur in your neighborhood.....some schools already half empty, parents taking note of other countries advice

• Like 2

Posted
25 minutes ago, matt111 said:

Well the WHO effectively said the same in their press conference just now 

Its VERY alarming now, we are now swimming on our own , even WHO don't seem to think its a good idea.

The pressure on Chris Witty must be massive.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Enough bickering. Any more and posts will get removed.

Also, if your method for countering expert opinion is to dismiss them based on their political slant, best not post those opinions either. Deal with the arguments and not  their political positions.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, Summer Sun said:

Stick to people with Blue ticks on twitter during corona. Anyone else is prone to tweet complete cods wallop for the attention.

Even easier not to go on Twitter

• Like 4

1 minute ago, beatpete said:

I don't think that will be an issue once deaths occur in your neighborhood.....some schools already half empty, parents taking note of other countries advice

I give up lol

The point is taking such actions at the correct time. The WHO have literally just said that school closures do have an effect, but a slight effect. They themselves said you cannot stop this, and every country is different in terms of the economic strategy. Just because other countries have closed schools, doesnt mean its the correct decision at the correct time. 

But its pointless all this now. People will complain or panic no matter what happens.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.
21 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta has tweeted saying he's "Feeling better already"

A nice bit of positive news.. 

• Like 1

Posted
24 minutes ago, emax said:

God, that thread is the usual Twitter nonsense......some suggesting taking the government to court if a loved one dies, this is why I hate society lol.

I mean I dont disbelieve his credentials, and he makes valid points, but one is to suggest the UK should do what others are doing and thereby "snuff" the epidemic out? Surely he realises that just isnt possible unless you keep a nation locked up for months and months? 

I read eight, valid, questions in regard to UK policy.

Apart from that, I have not read or heard any satisfactory explanation as to why the policy plan to increase tests to 10,000 per day, exponed last Monday, has suddenly shifted to only testing hospital admissions.

• Like 3

Posted

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.
20 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

Having just looked at his blog and books he's written i suspect he is not a fan of the current govt anyway. I'll leave it there.

To be fair there are probably many healthcare professionals who would not saying many good things about this government and there are many good reasons... That shouldn’t automatically discount what he is saying, the fact is we are taking a different path to other countries who also have health experts carefully balancing multiple factors and have come to a different conclusion.

Only time will tell but if we have got it wrong, the impact will be bigger in terms of deaths by x number of people and economically.

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, Mr Frost said:

Totally gutted about the football being suspended - just cancelled my Sky Sports and BT Sports subscriptions as who knows when the season will start again.
Plus my ticket for the Rangers vs Celtic game is now null and void! Was really looking forward to it - health and safety of the population comes first of course. 

@Tilly probably for the best you gave the Lewis Capaldi gig a miss - only so many times you can listen to Someone you loved and all of his other exactly the same sounding songs. 

I also noticed Norway are up to 898 confirmed cases (one death) Sweden are up to 810 (one death) and Denmark are up to 788 (no deaths)

Question for everyone - Why the low death rate for those countries compared to us...when they are all roughly on the same path as the U.K numbers wise? Better standard of living/life expectancy? Younger average age for population? Less older people contracting the virus than here? Government’s strict measures they have taken? 

Not fat and unhealthy?

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

AFP news agency

@AFP·2m

#BREAKING Italy hits one-day record with 250 new #Coronavirus deaths: official

WOW!! But not in a good way.

Edited by pip22
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny
1 minute ago, Bristle boy said:

Ok quit the politics; i've had posts removed because i slated 'that' scientist. You seem  to be allowed to continue slating the UK's official pos.

Criticizing the current government is not the same as criticizing based on politically ideologies- right/left wing.

Posted

It appears the universities are ignoring the government and making up their own minds about shutting. Many universities up and down the country have today told their students they are stopping face-to-face activities with immediate effect. This is in Portsmouth:

b25lY21zOjBkZjA4NDQ2LTkzOTEtNGVkZC04ZWVl
WWW.PORTSMOUTH.CO.UK

BOSSES at the University of Portsmouth are to suspend face-to-face teaching from tonight because of the coronavirus outbreak, members of staff have been told.

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, mountain shadow said:

Absolute bedlam in my local Sainsburys there, never seen anything like it. All pasta, pasta sauce, beans, toilet roll, kitchen roll, hand wash  paracetamol, rice, tins of soup. Cleared out.

Massive queues. Far worse than Christmas.

Any oven ready turkeys?

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny
Just now, Man With Beard said:

It appears the universities are ignoring the government and making up their own minds about shutting. Many universities up and down the country have today told their students they are stopping face-to-face activities with immediate effect. This is in Portsmouth:

WWW.PORTSMOUTH.CO.UK

BOSSES at the University of Portsmouth are to suspend face-to-face teaching from tonight because of the coronavirus outbreak, members of staff have been told.

Noticed this too, not sure what to make of it! Kings College London just announced the same measures..

Posted
1 minute ago, Stabilo19 said:

Noticed this too, not sure what to make of it! Kings College London just announced the same measures..

I'm told University of Birmingham is doing the same, and I believe others too.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Breaking: Italy report 250 new deaths and 2,116 new cases

Total cases 17,660 with 1,266 deaths

Edited by Summer Sun
  • Like 2

Posted

Posted
2 minutes ago, Man With Beard said:

WWW.PORTSMOUTH.CO.UK

Yup, breaking ranks now, the Gov is going to have to be very careful here, not only are universities closing, more and more parents are taking the law into their own hands and taking their kids out of school.

Asi said earlier chris witty must be under masive pressure ..

5 minutes ago, ciel said:

I read eight, valid, questions in regard to UK policy.

Apart from that, I have not read or heard any satisfactory explanation as to why the policy plan to increase tests to 10,000 per day, exponed last Monday, has suddenly shifted to only testing hospital admissions.

So how do you get rid of this virus? Please tell me?

For the second point, I dont know, couldnt tell you, but that wasnt being discussed?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

The Eiffel Tower has been closed for an indeterminate period (Source: BFMTV live)

• Like 2