Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and E England regional discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sun, storms & ‘Oh no can’t go into work - snowed in’ days
12 minutes ago, Wold Topper said:

Cottage pie now devoured👍, maybe thats why the cows were kicking off, 😂 best pics above that i could get from my door step, the view from the top of the hill would of been spectacular me thinks!

Aye, next time, eh? 😉

Have resorted to cornflakes 🙄 as I’ve too much photo material to go through…🤓

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sun, storms & ‘Oh no can’t go into work - snowed in’ days
20 minutes ago, Wold Topper said:

Some good catches there 👍🏼….aw, were you trying to watch the footie as well? 😝

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!
Just now, RebsAbbo said:

Some good catches there 👍🏼….aw, were you trying to watch the footie as well? 😝

Yeah could hear Liverpool getting humped at Napoli from my sound bar in the background 😂👍

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, Aiden2012 said:

Got some brilliant shots tonight just outside of pocklington 😍😍😍😍

BED007EF-C446-4E15-87E8-B062B5F3B296.png

1AB1997A-57C0-4BDE-A4BA-CFBF7DD99E4F.jpeg

9E57983B-153A-4009-9074-B37FE0DDDA37.png

A9E50443-50E1-495E-B3D2-1C6661D3A096.png

FF1C14ED-02E1-409F-AD15-327F92653698.png

0E72DB92-5A50-44A4-B92E-BF7A33D192C2.png

3D24FD98-344A-4921-AB17-9CAC8EB502E8.png

Stunning 👍

• Thanks 1

Posted

Local pic from Twitter! Sorry V 👍

Edited by Wold Topper
  • Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Aiden2012 said:

Got some brilliant shots tonight just outside of pocklington 😍😍😍😍

BED007EF-C446-4E15-87E8-B062B5F3B296.png

1AB1997A-57C0-4BDE-A4BA-CFBF7DD99E4F.jpeg

9E57983B-153A-4009-9074-B37FE0DDDA37.png

A9E50443-50E1-495E-B3D2-1C6661D3A096.png

FF1C14ED-02E1-409F-AD15-327F92653698.png

0E72DB92-5A50-44A4-B92E-BF7A33D192C2.png

3D24FD98-344A-4921-AB17-9CAC8EB502E8.png

Absolutely amazing!

51 minutes ago, Wold Topper said:

Local pic from Twitter! Sorry V 👍

That’s a bit too close for comfort 🫣

• Like 1

Posted

After 25 videos of various lengths & 993 pictures 🤯 taken & gone through, I’m effing shattered. Gotta go to bed now 🥱🥰

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Lots of showers inbound.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow ❄️ / Thunderstorms ⛈

Any other thunderstorms near Doncaster 3 now in week and now the weather is mentally at the minute and loud thunder again too. ⛈⚡⚡
D23D4D42-A987-442D-8313-B4BA22BA1613.thumb.jpeg.a387a24f65e64ce76798a8e06565ad4e.jpeg

D05801B3-B30D-4E7E-B84C-FECFD9D6BE57.thumb.jpeg.96c6825159f58e8e36532dec792ae1c3.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold

Another fairly pleasant day in Scarborough. The morning was overcast with light rain but then during the afternoon the sun came out and it felt quite warm. 

Temperatures very moderate (observations from Bridlington) with an overnight low of 14.0°C and a high of 17.6°C. Winds fairly light and humidity quite high in the 90’s % a lot of the time. Didn’t really feel humid though. 

default_card_315.jpg
WWW.METOFFICE.GOV.UK

Bridlington MRSC last 24 hours weather including temperature, wind, visibility, humidity and atmospheric pressure

I have found the temperatures and weather very pleasant in Scarborough this week. The gentle sea breeze is nice too. I like the more stable mild temperatures and better weather than I usually get back home in Lancashire.

The east coast has a very moderate climate, with cool/mild summers, small difference between day and night maxima/minima but not a lot of rain, which I like. Not that interesting from a weather enthusiasts point of view but a lot of very pleasant, benign and useable weather.

Locals very friendly too.

Edited by East Lancs Rain
  • Like 3

Posted

Some lovely pics of Scarborough I took yesterday and the day before. The sea was really rough yesterday. Had a nice meal in an Italian restaurant. Saw a lovely cat sat in a shop window and came across an extremely tame grey squirrel. It came right up to me.

29BFB8BC-C227-4FBD-B92D-5455E47DF60E.png

8ADEC9B6-D331-4C66-B670-02AF4A85F0C2.png

DE8DF2D8-37DD-40CB-9D06-B92E8CCBCE74.jpeg

D89B94C6-0296-4208-8FF6-3420A52D7712.jpeg

2911B6B5-B6AA-44D5-92AD-1C7A185A5189.jpeg

1A394FD6-1263-45E7-AB0D-1A45002FC0A1.jpeg

D38D1941-9AAE-481D-8C3A-8473A61DC131.jpeg

720491D4-E40C-42F3-AEE6-84A378908A36.jpeg

06FA41FD-8B4E-4DD5-86D2-51920270B51C.jpeg

8F1DD10A-9DA6-4A58-B6F4-A9D92DB6B99E.jpeg

7384B55D-7E84-4FCA-95F1-4B41CD29F326.jpeg

C21F218A-0377-40AD-B49D-063CD7647AED.jpeg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

Evening all just been catching up on posts from last few days.

Wednesdays storm missed here @Wold Topper but only a few miles to the east so put on one hell of a show.

Glad your enjoying this side of the Pennines @East Lancs Rain, the weather on the east coast can be quite benign with small diurnal temperature changes, little hot weather and lack of frost/snow but you only have to come a few miles inland for that to change. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
13 hours ago, vizzy2004 said:

Evening all just been catching up on posts from last few days.

Wednesdays storm missed here @Wold Topper but only a few miles to the east so put on one hell of a show.

Glad your enjoying this side of the Pennines @East Lancs Rain, the weather on the east coast can be quite benign with small diurnal temperature changes, little hot weather and lack of frost/snow but you only have to come a few miles inland for that to change. 

Thanks. Yes I really like the climate on the east coast because it doesn’t rain much and the temperatures are comfortable (in summer at least). There is also plenty of sunshine and a nice sea breeze. Back home in East Lancashire, the weather is too dull and wet, winter is a misery and summer can get too hot at times.

Today I’m travelling back home so I’ll leave this thread now. I’ve enjoyed my short stay in here.

• Like 2

Posted

It’s amazing when you hear on the weather forecast that nationally, ‘a high today of 23c’ sounds so normal now…it’s mid September but average temps are so mild. A few years ago 23c would get us excited about it being a height of summer day! Now it’s ‘oh, 23 again…’

Yesterday I recorded a high of 23c and a low overnight of 14c. I’m dubious about that high & seriously doubted the low as I experienced it as quite cool last night (closing the windows) & 14 doesn’t sound that low…however comparing to Staxton station again (high of 22.8c & low of  14.5c) it is comparable 🤷🏼‍♀️.

Locally today we have mostly broken cloud cover, with temp reading at 18c at midday. Nothing to complaint about again 😊.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms
1 hour ago, RebsAbbo said:

It’s amazing when you hear on the weather forecast that nationally, ‘a high today of 23c’ sounds so normal now…it’s mid September but average temps are so mild. A few years ago 23c would get us excited about it being a height of summer day! Now it’s ‘oh, 23 again…’

Yesterday I recorded a high of 23c and a low overnight of 14c. I’m dubious about that high & seriously doubted the low as I experienced it as quite cool last night (closing the windows) & 14 doesn’t sound that low…however comparing to Staxton station again (high of 22.8c & low of  14.5c) it is comparable 🤷🏼‍♀️.

Locally today we have mostly broken cloud cover, with temp reading at 18c at midday. Nothing to complaint about again 😊.

I don't think 23is anything special at this time of year, officially it is still late summer 

Posted

@ElloughtonsnowI wasn’t meaning that 23c is particularly unusual, just that we’ve become accustom to these temps so that hitting 23c now is just an average pleasantly warm day. It used to mean - ‘go get your bikini on’ & make the most of it 😁

P.s. we have reached 22c now the sun has been out for the last couple of hours 👍🏼🌞

Edited by RebsAbbo

Posted
20 hours ago, Elloughtonsnow said:

Didn't mean any offence but it's pretty average here today,maybe I'm a bit off because it was eighteen degrees here on New year's day

No worries, there was no offence read in the slightest 😊. A damp & drizzly day here today but some brightness around so ok so far. 17c at the mo.

Posted

Well a grey humid day at the coast. Not much rain though. Lunchtime bike ride produced a SW wind, and about 19C, with cloud and humidity. Really looking forward to some crisp cool autumn weather, but it always seems to be 'tomorrow'.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,cold weather + summer heatwaves and thunderstorms.

Well light rain falling in Bridlington over the last hour and again last night for a time.

Total of 3mm and a little more now.

Had some pleasant sunshine for a short time earlier and comfortable temperatures. Notice the temperature is slipping back now gradually as this front edges south.

Looks like some distinctly cool nights to come later this week under a northerly airflow.

• Like 3

Posted
25 minutes ago, matt brid said:

Well light rain falling in Bridlington over the last hour and again last night for a time.

Just after I posted it started again...

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, matt brid said:

Total of 3mm and a little more now.

Had some pleasant sunshine for a short time earlier and comfortable temperatures. Notice the temperature is slipping back now gradually as this front edges south.

Looks like some distinctly cool nights to come later this week under a northerly airflow.

Wet drive this morning from home to Carnaby, light rain on and off through the morning, had a steady shower from 16.15 for half hour, cleared up this evening and looks like the temps may cool off as the week progress's  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

Looks like my frost hollow stations across North Yorkshire will get a good workout later this week.

Good chance we may see the first air frost since May.

No air frosts were recorded on my network this summer but these were the lowest temps for each month.

June: 1.1c Keld

July: 2.9c Ravenseat

August: 1.9c Ravenseat

Edited by vizzy2004
  • Like 3

Posted

Coolest night so far, recorded a low of 10c & the house temp dropped enough for the heating to kick in this morning 😱.
This morning’s dog walk needed hoodie & gillet at only 11c.  There’s a heavy dew but the sun is out & clear blue skies. Temp is slow to rise tho as we’re still only on 13c now. Having to drive over to the dark side today (Lancs😁) but forecast is looking dry for most of the country 🤞🏼😎

• Like 1