Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and E England regional discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,cold weather + summer heatwaves and thunderstorms.

Back to a crazy crazy long weekend as the madness intensifies around the seaside resorts.
It will be every man  ,woman and dog for themselves on Monday as long long queues build up around the country.
Oh Ol Blighty I salute thee 🙌

We're going back to a default setting in the weather over the next few days (often seen in April and early May) with cool east to north east wind down the eastern side of the country. Today will be the best day of the bank holiday weekend for sunshine .

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!

Gorgeous warm sunny day on the Wolds, perfect temps, nice gentle breeze, couldn't ask for more tbh, a summer that keeps on giving 😎🍻

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sun, storms & ‘Oh no can’t go into work - snowed in’ days
41 minutes ago, Wold Topper said:

Gorgeous warm sunny day on the Wolds, perfect temps, nice gentle breeze, couldn't ask for more tbh, a summer that keeps on giving 😎🍻

Yes, and the amber nectar of apples keeps on giving too!! 🍻. We’ll see what the night sky offers up tonight ✨

• Like 2

Posted
47 minutes ago, RebsAbbo said:

Yes, and the amber nectar of apples keeps on giving too!! 🍻. We’ll see what the night sky offers up tonight ✨

Music in the distance tonight, hopefully the 'apples' will negate that and aid sleeping 🍏🍏 🍻😴

Edited by Wold Topper

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sun, storms & ‘Oh no can’t go into work - snowed in’ days
20 minutes ago, Wold Topper said:

Music in the distance tonight, hopefully the 'apples' will negate that and aid sleeping 🍏🍏 🍻😴

Can hardly hear the music when in doors, even when right next to it! Off to inspect the night sky now. Any chance of any PJ music tonight?

20 minutes ago, Wold Topper said:

Posted
3 minutes ago, RebsAbbo said:

Can hardly hear the music when in doors, even when right next to it! Off to inspect the night sky now. Any chance of any PJ music tonight?

No music tonight, 😴😴😴

• Like 1

Posted

Well, skies are mostly clear, some slight cloud to the north but once again the Milky Way is visible, albeit not as clear as last night. Jupiter continues to be the most interest in the night sky. 

Posted

And... yet again a stunning day on the Wolds, got plenty of outside jobs done today in the warm sunshine, cooling off nicely now that a bit of cloud has rolled in, fantastic BH weekend so far, 😎🍻

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

Been at a family do down Selby way this aft. Checked forecast it said cloudy so didnt bother wi shorts.

Bi eck that worra mistake was red hot all afternoon wi no clouds.

• Like 1

Posted

Well wasn't expecting rain this morning, two quite sharp showers, and heavier than radar would indicate. Its slowed me down finishing outside work, just starting to put new guttering up so nearly finished but currently too wet to work. Mind you not hot which is a major bonus and we need the rain so not going to complain.

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, mike57 said:

Well wasn't expecting rain this morning, two quite sharp showers, and heavier than radar would indicate. Its slowed me down finishing outside work, just starting to put new guttering up so nearly finished but currently too wet to work. Mind you not hot which is a major bonus and we need the rain so not going to complain.

Agree with you @mike57, had checked the forecast & radar before dog walking. Radar suggested no rain but it was already drizzling & had been for a while, and forecast suggested v.light rain in the next hour. Put it this way, the ‘showerproof’ coat was definitely under pressure. I could debate the definition of v.light but I’m feeling too damp 😝

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, A Face like Thunder said:

A curious day. Damp and drizzly on the moors but periods of bright sunshine at Pickering and Whitby, but with a nagging cool wind off the N Sea.

Likewise here, a lot of drizzle but when the sun came out it is still intense heat. Just not enough to heat up the air significantly. High of 17.5c today.

• Like 2

Posted

Lunchtime bike ride produced a N-NE wind, about Force 3-4. Well broken cloud with some sun AND a temperatature that doesn't have a 2 in it😀. My sort of weather.

Yesterday Bridlington recorded 1.6mm of rain, have to say it seemed like a lot more than that.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms
1 hour ago, A Face like Thunder said:

An OK day at Whitby, a few decent sunny spells this morning, cloudy but dry this afternoon. Cold wind this afternoon which kept all but the hardiest of holidaymakers / surfers / swimmers off the beach and out of the North Sea.

Was up at Beacon Farm this morning in Sneaton for an ice cream, just about warm enough for an ice cream to be acceptable. Lunch at Ruswarp before heading back to base via Glaisdale, not a bad day if you could get out of that keen NE wind.

• Like 2

Posted

A nice day all in all…high of 20c., mostly sunshine with light passing cloud, despite the drains man visiting today to tell you your surface water isn’t draining. I know…….What surface water are you talking about?. Apparently there is water somewhere!! Maybe 2 x double sambuca & a double JD is the only solution?? Let’s see in the morning 🤦🏼‍♀️

Posted
Just now, RebsAbbo said:

A nice day all in all…high of 20c., mostly sunshine with light passing cloud, despite the drains man visiting today to tell you your surface water isn’t draining. I know…….What surface water are you talking about?. Apparently there is water somewhere!! Maybe 2 x double sambuca & a double JD is the only solution?? Let’s see in the morning 🤦🏼‍♀️

🍻👍🤐

Posted

So, cross referencing to another thread, how do you cope with a spider, that you’ve ‘made friends with’ because you can see where she is at a distance, but then tries to sit with you on the f*****g sofa?? Unfortunately that’s where I draw the line….last night spent the evening sitting in the single arm chair because she had disappeared under the sofa after I told her to get lost……

• Like 1

Posted

Sambuca is not a cure all, it would seem that the local 'witch doctor' has prescribed a local brew that shall be revisited in the morning, good look 👍👍

Just now, RebsAbbo said:

So, cross referencing to another thread, how do you cope with a spider, that you’ve ‘made friends with’ because you can see where she is at a distance, but then tries to sit with you on the f*****g sofa?? Unfortunately that’s where I draw the line….last night spent the evening sitting in the single arm chair because she had disappeared under the sofa after I told her to get lost……

How do u know its a she?

Posted
7 minutes ago, Wold Topper said:

Sambuca is not a cure all, it would seem that the local 'witch doctor' has prescribed a local brew that shall be revisited in the morning, good look 👍👍

How do u know its a she?

Because females have longer legs and are ALWAYS more impressive in every sense!
Also, B, I’m sure would object to such a description 😂😂

Posted

Of course, always looking on the “bright side of life’ 🎶….re looking for where Mrs Spider was…I’ve found 5 old dog toys under the sofa. Bonus for the boys!! 🐕🐕

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, RebsAbbo said:

Because females have longer legs and are ALWAYS more impressive in every sense!
Also, B, I’m sure would object to such a description 😂😂

'B' will get over it 🤷

As for the rest of your post! that is open to conjecture? BUT opinions vary 🤷😉

Posted
Just now, Wold Topper said:

'B' will get over it 🤷

As for the rest of your post! that is open to conjecture? BUT opinions vary 🤷😉

🍻😉👋💤

• Like 1