Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and E England regional discussion

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Probably getting close to the time that it heads back south again. Pity it's not electrically active right now would be nice to have a storm reverse back over you. Once watched a storm do a large circle over Wales ending up back where it started hours later before it fizzled out.

• Like 1

Posted

This is interesting showing how local the heavy rain is in Sheffield.

CHECK-FOR-FLOODING.SERVICE.GOV.UK

Check your risk of flooding. View the latest flood warnings and alerts, get a flood forecast for the next 5 days, and check the latest river, sea, groundwater and rainfall levels.

• Thanks 2

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Just about to arrive here on radar. 

Posted
Just now, summer blizzard said:

Just about to arrive here on radar. 

Will be rain and nothing else. It's beginning to break up now and grow weaker.

11 minutes ago, Weather26 said:

And it's still going-we must getting close to 2 inches of rain now.

Well Davis reckons just over 49mm netatmo 39.7mm so i would say between 35 and 45mm. I won't know until tomorrow.

Posted

Warm and sunny in Pickering this morning, rain on the Moors at lunchtime, cloudy, grey and breezy in Whitby. A couple of rumbles of thunder and some interference on the TV at 7pm but nothing more. Temperatures back to 'normal', a big change from last night. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Only 10mm here so far, but it's been nice to hear the rain. Looks set to rain for a while longer so we'll see the total in the morning

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons

Argh the radar teased me but its kept dry and the rain seems to be heading out to sea.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!
2 minutes ago, Beverley Lass said:

Argh the radar teased me but its kept dry and the rain seems to be heading out to sea.

Same here, it gets to Hull and turns right into the North sea 🙄

• Like 2

Posted

It's the onshore breeze killing off the convection again. We've had just 1.0mm today after 0.6mm yesterday. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sun, storms & ‘Oh no can’t go into work - snowed in’ days

There was a good downpour in Driff about 4pm but nothing seemed to have ventured up the hills 🤷🏼‍♀️. Nice strong breeze this evening & house is nice & cool again 😌

Edited by RebsAbbo
  • Like 1

Posted

Recorded 49.6mm of rain the Davis was off by around 6mm. Not brillaint. Netatmo was down by 6mm

• Like 1

Posted

Yay,   had a heavy shower during the night.
Too sleepy to note the time .. but woke to good overall wet outside.
Refreshing for the plants.

BL.  🙂

• Like 2

Posted

Yes, a further 2.0mm this morning. However we're still only on 7.6mm for the month and there isn't much showing in the models, GFS 00z had just a further 6mm between now and 2nd September!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sun, storms & ‘Oh no can’t go into work - snowed in’ days

Reunited with my hoodie this morning 😁 with 16c and a strong northerly breeze. Ground wet fora refreshing change.

Sat with my morning coffee now watching my garden wind sculpture finally working, yay!

• Like 2

Posted

Well lunchtime bike ride produced a Northerly force 4 -6, with temps of about 18c and mostly sunny. On my usual bike ride N is one of the few directions that doesn't introduce too many Dutch hills, so definitely my sort of day, I am now much happier with temperatures down to normal levels and grumpyness is now just confined to people at work that ask stupid questions. We had some rain in the night, not sure how much but ground still looks bone dry.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,cold weather + summer heatwaves and thunderstorms.
19 minutes ago, mike57 said:

Well lunchtime bike ride produced a Northerly force 4 -6, with temps of about 18c and mostly sunny. On my usual bike ride N is one of the few directions that doesn't introduce too many Dutch hills, so definitely my sort of day, I am now much happier with temperatures down to normal levels and grumpyness is now just confined to people at work that ask stupid questions. We had some rain in the night, not sure how much but ground still looks bone dry.

3mm overnight 

• Like 1

Posted

Yesterday was the sixth wettest day since 1989 here. A bit of useless information I guess. The main reason why I looked how often large rainfall amounts occur was after the flooding in June 25th 2007 where they said such events happen ever hundred years or so. I thought hold on that's rubbish and started trawling through the records we had at home. Sadly the rest went to western park so I lost access to them. The only strange thing about June 2007 was how the rain kept on coming. 77.1mm of rain on the 14th didn't produce any major flooding but the fact it kept raining albeit in lesser amounts between the 14th and the 25th of June. meant the catchment areas where saturated.

• Like 3

Posted

Annoyed that my packing of the car yesterday morning at 7am was in the rain and with a strong breeze off the North Sea making the situation worse. However rain had stopped by the time I got across the moors and the rest of the journey back to Cheshire was uneventful. Back in NY next week.

• Like 4

Posted

A dull start to the day. Hoodie came out for a walk but not really needed, 18c is warm enough when walking. Trying desperately to rain but it’s so fine it’s just damp air, not worth the bother…might as well save it’s energy for something better!

• Like 3

Posted

Good morning everyone and hope you are having a great summer. Quite cloudy and pleasantly warm in Bridlington this morning in a gentle westerly or south westerly breeze.

Missed out on the large rainfall totals some other areas of Yorkshire & Lincolnshire had on Tuesday night but 3mm nevertheless in pre dawn moderate showers.

Actually a few spots of rain falling now (at 11.12) but not much to talk of.

Have a great day people 🙌

1 hour ago, A Face like Thunder said:

Annoyed that my packing of the car yesterday morning at 7am was in the rain and with a strong breeze off the North Sea making the situation worse. However rain had stopped by the time I got across the moors and the rest of the journey back to Cheshire was uneventful. Back in NY next week.

Went to New York City , beautiful and immense city !!

• Like 3

Posted
26 minutes ago, matt brid said:

Good morning everyone and hope you are having a great summer. Quite cloudy and pleasantly warm in Bridlington this morning in a gentle westerly or south westerly breeze.

Missed out on the large rainfall totals some other areas of Yorkshire & Lincolnshire had on Tuesday night but 3mm nevertheless in pre dawn moderate showers.

Actually a few spots of rain falling now (at 11.12) but not much to talk of.

Have a great day people 🙌

Went to New York City , beautiful and immense city !!

Yes, that’s how I always read it too 😆.

I found the rain 🤩 - I was nearer the coast an hour ago but found it up on them there hills - still only light but dampening the ground at least. Funny it wasn’t on the forecast at 9am but by 10am when it started to turn, it miraculously appeared. It’s not so much a forecast as a ‘look out the window and update the info’ 😄

• Like 3

Posted
10 minutes ago, RebsAbbo said:

Yes, that’s how I always read it too 😆.

I found the rain 🤩 - I was nearer the coast an hour ago but found it up on them there hills - still only light but dampening the ground at least. Funny it wasn’t on the forecast at 9am but by 10am when it started to turn, it miraculously appeared. It’s not so much a forecast as a ‘look out the window and update the info’ 😄

Central Park is a spectacular one for sure and I visited it 3 times including on a Sunday. It was quite something to behold on the Sunday - especially the horse carriages , joggers , cyclists and pedlos constantly going around !

The sheep meadow was absolutely packed with people sunbathing also.

Posted

A surprise mini shower at midday.
Just enough to make puddles on the road.

BL

• Like 1

Posted

Barely wet the ground here BL! Its going to be quite a dry month at this rate. Still only 7.6mm so far.

• Thanks 1