Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and E England regional discussion

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

An unexpected sleet shower this afternoon again not enough to disturb the rain gauge.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sun, storms & ‘Oh no can’t go into work - snowed in’ days

A distinctively cold day today with temps hovering around the 4c mark. Rain showers with the slightest hint of sleet. The sun has tried to show itself but with little effect. Fire lit & feeling cosier now. An unpleasant day to work in I would imagine….

This morning’s sun

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Countryside, Sunlight, Rural, Farm, Scenery, Vineyard

This evening’s sun

Could contain: Plant, Tree, Tree Trunk, Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Sunset, Sunlight, Sunrise, Flare

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

According to the Davis todays has been a rather cold day. Sadly it's been giving quiet a few strange readings lately. it'll be  interestingly too see what the nist digital thermometer in the Stevenson screen says tomorrow.

Sadly I broke sheathed max thermometer and can't get a replacement so I picked up a digital min max before that The Davis generally gave the same reading within +/-0.2C before I broke the max I had noticed a drift say for example the sheathed gave 8C as a max the davis would give 8.2C and the difference would be 0.4c for the next few days and then reverse or suddenly match.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!
2 hours ago, RebsAbbo said:

A distinctively cold day today with temps hovering around the 4c mark. Rain showers with the slightest hint of sleet. The sun has tried to show itself but with little effect. Fire lit & feeling cosier now. An unpleasant day to work in I would imagine….

This morning’s sun

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Countryside, Sunlight, Rural, Farm, Scenery, Vineyard

This evening’s sun

Could contain: Plant, Tree, Tree Trunk, Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Sunset, Sunlight, Sunrise, Flare

There was a 'nip' in the air this morning, but not really that noticeable when grafting mixing concrete, footings done by lunch time, then spent the afternoon at a local farm gathering up next winters fire wood! Got twice that in pic too pick up next weekend 😁

Could contain: Architecture, Building, House, Housing, Roof, Person, Wood, Tile Roof

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sun, storms & ‘Oh no can’t go into work - snowed in’ days
30 minutes ago, Wold Topper said:

There was a 'nip' in the air this morning, but not really that noticeable when grafting mixing concrete, footings done by lunch time, then spent the afternoon at a local farm gathering up next winters fire wood! Got twice that in pic too pick up next weekend 😁

Could contain: Architecture, Building, House, Housing, Roof, Person, Wood, Tile Roof

Wow, that’s fantastic!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!
2 minutes ago, RebsAbbo said:

Wow, that’s fantastic!

Got wood! 😉

• Insightful 1

Posted
34 minutes ago, Wold Topper said:

Got wood! 😉

I’m sure it won’t last long 😝

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love snow

Think winter and this bloody weather app is trying to annoy me it’s raining not snowing 😂😂🤦🏻😭😭

Could contain: Advertisement, Text, Poster, Nature, Night, Outdoors

Edited by Aiden2012
  • Like 2

Posted

Got up to rain showers & sunshine. What a way to start the day with a double rainbow….🌈🌈

Could contain: Plant, Potted Plant, Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Planter, Bench, Rainbow, Pot, Shelter

Have a good one everyone 😊

• Like 8

Posted
4 hours ago, RebsAbbo said:

Got up to rain showers & sunshine. What a way to start the day with a double rainbow….🌈🌈

Could contain: Plant, Potted Plant, Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Planter, Bench, Rainbow, Pot, Shelter

Have a good one everyone 😊

Brilliant picture

• Thanks 1

Posted

Lunchtime brought a NNE force 4 wind, with sunshine and showers. 7c but felt colder.

I dodged this shower but got caught in the next one.

Could contain: Road, Tarmac, Freeway, Highway, Horizon, Nature, Outdoors, Sky

Edited by mike57
spelling
  • Like 3

Posted

Lunchtime produced more showers, more wind and much less sun than yesterday. Temperatures 7c again, wind N force 5. Showers were very wetting, with that fine pentrating rain. Feeling cold. Quite unpleasant cycling, but the need for exercise and a screen break means I didnt give up.

• Like 4

Posted

I have a feeling this thread may become busier after this weekend 😃

Looking good for cold and snow sometimes heavy in places next week but obviously the devil in the detail.

This mornings chart essentially produce snow more to the west/ wales and midlands south with yorkshire/lincolnshire in the dreaded clear slot.

Thankfully a long way to go pinpointing the detail and snow chances may not be fully resoveld until 24hours<... This chart will be completely different within a couple runs..

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Person, Face, Head

• Thanks 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Harsh Climate said:

I have a feeling this thread may become busier after this weekend 😃

Looking good for cold and snow sometimes heavy in places next week but obviously the devil in the detail.

This mornings chart essentially produce snow more to the west/ wales and midlands south with yorkshire/lincolnshire in the dreaded clear slot.

Thankfully a long way to go pinpointing the detail and snow chances may not be fully resoveld until 24hours<... This chart will be completely different within a couple runs..

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Person, Face, Head

I just can't get into this upcoming spell. Always a nagging west based thought in my mind with too much amplification. 

Don't think we'll tap in to the real cold air needed myself.

Hope you're right.

If next week is a fail I hope spring soon turns up.

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, joggs said:

I just can't get into this upcoming spell. Always a nagging west based thought in my mind with too much amplification. 

Don't think we'll tap in to the real cold air needed myself.

Hope you're right.

If next week is a fail I hope spring soon turns up.

I'm quietly optimistic mate, I'm talking england and wales as a whole I think there will be at least a couple heavy falls of snow next week! But obviously locally we may miss out.

Yorkshire/linconlnshire over the last several years have done very well in march from this type of set-up.

Forget about getting a propper convective NE with -12 uppers and powdery snow showers just not going to happen this time of year unless 1-50 year event. 

Look at the 500hpas annd not 850s like normal, with a strengthening sun, showers will develop inland even in a straight northerly if the 500hpas are dark blue, This deep cold way high up will drop the temperature like a stone in showers bringing the snow level down very quickly. Obviously though inbetween showers through day low lying snow will probably melt a bit, but at night a different story.

Secondly all we need for a good dumping of battle ground snow, is a slider coming into -5 850s! Like we saw a few ocasions a couple years aggo across our region. 

Keep the faithh things are looking very good.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons

Morning all.  Happy 1st day of meteorological Spring !
Very changeable conditions here so far.  Bright sunny spells, very short
lived and then tipping down with rain.  6.5 ° C.

BL.

Edited by Beverley Lass
  • Like 4

Posted
2 hours ago, Harsh Climate said:

I'm quietly optimistic mate, I'm talking england and wales as a whole I think there will be at least a couple heavy falls of snow next week! But obviously locally we may miss out.

Yorkshire/linconlnshire over the last several years have done very well in march from this type of set-up.

Forget about getting a propper convective NE with -12 uppers and powdery snow showers just not going to happen this time of year unless 1-50 year event. 

Look at the 500hpas annd not 850s like normal, with a strengthening sun, showers will develop inland even in a straight northerly if the 500hpas are dark blue, This deep cold way high up will drop the temperature like a stone in showers bringing the snow level down very quickly. Obviously though inbetween showers through day low lying snow will probably melt a bit, but at night a different story.

Secondly all we need for a good dumping of battle ground snow, is a slider coming into -5 850s! Like we saw a few ocasions a couple years aggo across our region. 

Keep the faithh things are looking very good.

I can see it being a short snap for two or three days then mild winning out imo. Iceland looks to be the prime spot.

Posted
18 minutes ago, joggs said:

I can see it being a short snap for two or three days then mild winning out imo. Iceland looks to be the prime spot.

That is certainly on the table but for me I can see march being a wintry changeable month. Don't care if the next cold snap/spell is a flop as long as I see just one decent fall of snow that doesn't melt in same day. Then I will be ready for spring warmth.

• Like 2

Posted

Maybe selfish, as we had snow in December, but in March I’d far prefer this ‘cold spell” to disappear and to receive Spring sunshine instead.
Gas usage has noticeably re-increased.
Our trio of wild mallards are now arriving at the patio daily at c.4pm to be fed (I use floating duck food) 

Could contain: Chart, Line ChartLast 30 days of max/min temperatures 

• Thanks 1

Posted
15 minutes ago, mat43 said:

Maybe selfish, as we had snow in December, but in March I’d far prefer this ‘cold spell” to disappear and to receive Spring sunshine instead.
Gas usage has noticeably re-increased.
Our trio of wild mallards are now arriving at the patio daily at c.4pm to be fed (I use floating duck food) 

Could contain: Chart, Line ChartLast 30 days of max/min temperatures 

Get out 

😂

Posted
13 minutes ago, Harsh Climate said:

Get out 

😂

I will do, when it gets warmer 😉 😂 ⛄️ 

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, mat43 said:

I will do, when it gets warmer 😉 😂 ⛄️ 

I want cold and snow but if its cold and rainy/dry, I would rather just have early spring 15c temps.

• Like 1

Posted

You watch. If we have the same strength winds and direction under the upcoming colder,low heights, it'll be bone dry inland. 

I've hard nearly 48 hrs of nob stop rain,drizzle now with this high 🤣😂

• Like 2