2 minutes ago, Aiden2012 said:

If only my app was accurate 😂❄️

Could contain: Text, Disk

This is mine in armthorpe ( Doncaster ) for today and tomorrow 

Could contain: Electronics, Mobile Phone, Phone, Text

Could contain: Electronics, Mobile Phone, Phone, Text

Edited by Liam Taylor

Posted

Light snow in North Leeds with a temp of -0.5c follwing a low of -0.9c. Still not sticking to pavements. Let's see if that changes when the heavier stuff arrives mid morning. In any case seems the potential for the snow to be disruptive will occur later this afternoon/ evening

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Turned heavier here struggling to settle still. GFS and ECM still have different tracks enough to effect the weather. ECM snow all the way for us GFS a chance of it turning to rain on lower ground here. I got a feeling FRiday morning maybe the day with issues.

Posted

It could be a interesting few days to say there is possibly around 5 cm on the bin already 😂❄️We just need the roads to cover next … and some side roads are starting to 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love snow

A couple of flakes starting to fall here 😳❄️

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow ❄️ / Thunderstorms ⛈

Snowing here still 🌨️👍🏻

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Snow, Thunder

Well considering yesterday was supposed to be dry and our first snow wasn't forecast to arrive until about 10am today I'd say we're nicely ahead of the game. Once that easterly wind sets in then I expect the orographic lift everywhere west of the A1 to get things going. A surprising amount from last night already there as a base and fine flakes coming down

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Ice, Winter, Frost, Snow, Scenery, Person

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather - storms, tornadoes, snow

Temp rising here, up to 0.8c, and wind picking up too. Expecting some snow initially and then probably sleet until after dark tonight for my location. 

I’m sure those of you in South & West Yorkshire and the western half of N Yorks are going to have a grand day - enjoy!

• Like 3

Posted
2 minutes ago, bazookabob said:

Well considering yesterday was supposed to be dry and our first snow wasn't forecast to arrive until about 10am today I'd say we're nicely ahead of the game. Once that easterly wind sets in then I expect the orographic lift everywhere west of the A1 to get things going. A surprising amount from last night already there as a base and fine flakes coming down

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Ice, Winter, Frost, Snow, Scenery, Person

Similar amounts here, nothing on roads or pavement though. 

We are currently in -7dam air, hopefully it stays all as settling snow as it slightly warms to about -5dam air here. If it's looking good at 5pm nothing to worry about then as colder air slowly filters in again later.

Posted

Light showers here at the coast, a lot of graupel with snow mixed in. Even although its only a covering its not thawing. Weather radar shows sleet here but there is nothing liquid in the showers this morning. Very grey with an easterly wind. Not sure how we will fare at the coast later, temperatures are very borderline here, 1c either way could be the difference between a wet afternoon and evening and a snow storm. Inland any east facing slopes with a little elevation will almost certainly get snow.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love snow

A little bit of rain mixed in now 😭 I reckon it may be a little too marginal here till after 4pm ish 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Snowing steady here, couple cm on car and grass but it still won't settle on pavement or road! They can't still be warm lol.

Let's see what happens during the main warning event time this evening 🌨️

Enjoy it though everyone, it's lovely to see snow falling 🤩🌨️

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Snow, Thunder
6 minutes ago, Harsh Climate said:

Similar amounts here, nothing on roads or pavement though. 

We are currently in -7dam air, hopefully it stays all as settling snow as it slightly warms to about -5dam air here. If it's looking good at 5pm nothing to worry about then as colder air slowly filters in again later.

I'd be very surprised if we get anything other than snow here, not sure what the predicted dew points are but -5 T850s are more than low enough for this kind of event. It's just a case of waiting for the heavy precipitation to arrive lunchtime onwards. What's we've got now is just a bonus as far as I'm concerned. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very cold/sunny, Snow, Hot/Thunderstorms
29 minutes ago, Sara_south_yorks said:

Kids are pleading to the weather gods for it to bury us so schools have to close 🤣

Picked up a little here, but still not wanting to settle on paths at the moment. 

My daughter is a primary school teacher and she was hoping school would be closed from the start of the day given the forecast.  It becomes a nightmare for staff who have to stay until the children have left school, which of course can be problematic for working parents.  Last time it snowed bad enough to close the school, the decision was made at lunchtime and she stayed until almost 3pm by which time there was chaos on the roads.  Parents couldn't get to school so she ended up walking some of them home with her partner who works in the same school.  They then had to walk home themselves and eventually got home at 6pm.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

Well it looks like I'll get to the shops but I don't know about my Wifes 'shift', up until 9pm tonight, accessing clients up & down the Valley....

Just now, SouthYorks said:

My daughter is a primary school teacher and she was hoping school would be closed from the start of the day given the forecast.  It becomes a nightmare for staff who have to stay until the children have left school, which of course can be problematic for working parents.  Last time it snowed bad enough to close the school, the decision was made at lunchtime and she stayed until almost 3pm by which time there was chaos on the roads.  Parents couldn't get to school so she ended up walking some of them home with her partner who works in the same school.  They then had to walk home themselves and eventually got home at 6pm.

Schools have their hands tied. I work in a school and we're in the same difficult situation. There's pressure to stay open and not close due to just a forecast.

However, closing when it's already really bad and snowy seems like shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,cold weather + summer heatwaves and thunderstorms.
12 minutes ago, mike57 said:

Light showers here at the coast, a lot of graupel with snow mixed in. Even although its only a covering its not thawing. Weather radar shows sleet here but there is nothing liquid in the showers this morning. Very grey with an easterly wind. Not sure how we will fare at the coast later, temperatures are very borderline here, 1c either way could be the difference between a wet afternoon and evening and a snow storm. Inland any east facing slopes with a little elevation will almost certainly get snow.

It will be rain on the east coast with an easterly wind onshore.

Chance of sleet and snow into tomorrow morning as the system clears and winds back northerly.

We had our fun on Tuesday morning , what more could a man want lol.

Maybe some sleet mixed in today but mostly rain. 

Posted

Light snow flurries here in Tadcaster which hopefully bodes well for later 

In recent years we’ve caught some good streamers but not sure we are in a prime location today going off forecasts fingers crossed! 🤞

Good luck to all 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very cold/sunny, Snow, Hot/Thunderstorms

Alternating between light and moderate snow here and just starting to settle on the pavements.  Temps now just above freezing at 0.1c with a dewpoint if -0.5c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold,snowy,frosty and thunderstorms
4 minutes ago, SouthYorks said:

Nightmare! It is always a pain when they close at lunch time. 

Always feel for the staff having to try and get home once students have all gone home. 

• Like 1

Posted
58 minutes ago, SouthYorks said:

Yes, the BBC graphics on Look North last looked terrible, with lots of rain in the mix away from high ground.  Seems odd given the Met Office are going so strong in this.  Appreciate BBC forecast aren’t Met O but still doesn’t make much sense.

Paul Hudson would probably have had an input in this, BBC national had a terrible graphic a few days ago showing snow Armageddon everywhere, which it certainly is not.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Not really settling low down in Sheffield.