Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and E England regional discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter synoptics.Hot summers.

Copied from Model thread if thats ok with some in here who seem to ridecule those who post there.

My eyes are drawn to the chances of snow midlands North Saturday into Sunday where any elevation up the spine, but not exclusively, of the country could get a decent fall and possibly Monday.

If the cold gets shifted so be it.

It will return regularly from the back ground signals being throw up this winter.

overview_20231201_06_045.jpg

nmmuk-1-50-0.png

• Like 7

Posted

Yes, looks models suggest potential for a CM or two in the early hours of Sunday. Monday morning might see further chances if this band gets further north, though more marginal away from higher ground. 

image.thumb.png.97e218b7fb95989e71241ef09b4b6857.png

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Beeb TV forecast having none of it for us over the weekend and Monday dry and cold.

Met office light snow briefly for Sunday light rain for Monday.

This morning three different outcomes from three different models.

Nowcasting me thinks

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

Quite shocked to see the 06Z GFS showing snow for us Sat/Sun..MetO were having none of it

Spin on to the 12Z GFS, Snow still there but now the MetO forecast for here has Snow on Sunday Night???

I guess it's Radar watching for Me then.....we're supposed to have Folk over for Sunday Dinner so it'd better bloody well behave!!!

Posted

Cold today with frequent showers mainly graupel. This picture taken late this afternoon shows the shower clouds with precipitation streaks. As you can see there is just a few bits of frozen stuff on the ground but it's mostly melted.

20231201_155410.thumb.jpg.d40b197aac5642ae2f446cd4079819d6.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
17 minutes ago, LeeSnowFan said:

we shall see

image.png.98519bda7839d28e195052ed201335f5.png

Yes we shall

overview_20231201_12_039.jpg

• Like 2

Posted

Almost every single model has a different outcome for tomorrow night. What's going on? We can't even have a somewhat reliable forecast at 24h? 

What's more bizarre is the Netweather forecast for Sunday giving us highs of 7c! And 10c on Monday! 

Posted

Very rare these days when we can't say for sure what is going to happen in 24 hours time.

• Like 1

Posted

I think the models are now firming up on a band of snow pushing in, 1-3cm widely. 

Have a look at the meto rainfall map, its inline with the other high res models. Expect a warning soon. 

WWW.METOFFICE.GOV.UK

Our rainfall radar map shows precipitation and rainfall rates across the UK. Includes forecasts up to 5 days and observations from the last 48 hours.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!
31 minutes ago, The PIT said:

Very rare these days when we can't say for sure what is going to happen in 24 hours time.

I think nowcasting/lamppost watching will be the order of the day over the weekend 🤔

• Like 3

Posted

Really frigid temperatures overnight. I run a bakery, the ovens are loaded and it's -6/-7 outside. A really hard frost, really beautiful. The weather has been superb the last few days, a little snow and plenty of sunshine and very cold. Perfect! Hopefully a little snow in The Pennines tonight/tomorrow, but we'll see what we get. I'm flagging a race in Mytholmroyd later, so I know it'll be tough getting the flags in the ground later.

• Like 1

Posted

GFS still going for Snow over the weekend, UKV dry until Monday when it will rain. Met office rain Sunday and Monday.  So still all over the place.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love snow

I’m going to stick my neck out and say I’m going for the gfs I think it may have been last year most models predicted rain and got snow. Also may be being a little biased also 😂😂

Posted

What's everybody's thoughts on potential for this region over the next three days or so?.

Great start to winter.

Great potential down the line also.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very cold/sunny, Snow, Hot/Thunderstorms

Very cold start to the morning with a severe frost.  Most of the night temps hovered around -5c but I recorded -6.1c just after 7am, which is pretty good considering my location is semi-urban.

Snow chances for us still look a possibility over the next couple of days, and the will it, won’t it, when will it get less cold still doesn’t seem to be resolved.  Lots calling a return to mild, which it may be in the South, but my view for our region is that it will be less cold by the end of the week but not mild.

• Like 1

Posted

Areas of rain, sleet, and away from immediate coastal areas, snow, are expected to push north and east across the area later this evening and into the early hours of Sunday. Whilst not everywhere will see accumulating snow, some places will likely see 1-3 cm, with 5-10 cm possible over some hills and mountains of Wales, the Peak District and south Pennines. Ice will be an additional hazard. What should I do? Snowy, wintry weather can cause delays and make driving conditions dangerous. Keep yourself and others safe by planning your route, giving yourself extra time for your journey. Not needing to rush, reduces your risk of accidents, slips, and falls. Check for road closures or delays to public transport and amend plans if necessary. If you need to make a journey on foot or by bike, try to use pavements along main roads which are likely to be less slippery. If driving, make sure you have some essentials in your car in the event of any delays (e.g., warm clothing, food, water, a blanket, a torch, ice scraper/de icer, a warning triangle, high visibility vest and an in-car phone charger). Be prepared for weather warnings to change quickly

• Like 3

Posted
6 hours ago, Aaron Roberts said:

Really frigid temperatures overnight. I run a bakery, the ovens are loaded and it's -6/-7 outside. A really hard frost, really beautiful. The weather has been superb the last few days, a little snow and plenty of sunshine and very cold. Perfect! Hopefully a little snow in The Pennines tonight/tomorrow, but we'll see what we get. I'm flagging a race in Mytholmroyd later, so I know it'll be tough getting the flags in the ground later.

I can conftrm You'll have a job getting the flags in!

If you're up towards the Mount Skip it'll have the sun on it otherwise fetch a jack hammer!!!

Posted

Seeing as were 3 miles from the border I always check out the NW thread & someone, on that thread, has pointed out that precipitation coming off the Seas off West Wales & growing as they hit NW Wales.....If I take a bead they look bound for Gtr M/c & us later on in the afternoon?

Maybe they'll 'snow out' B4 they hit here or maybe the Hills will 'wring out' the last of the precipitation.....we'll see!

• Like 2