Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and E England regional discussion

Posted
2 minutes ago, Snowjokes92 said:

I just took a peak in south/south east thread! Jeez its like the model output thread part 2 in there! I am so glad everyone is pleasant in here. Everyone is easy to get on with and agrees to disagrees. No toy throwing chaos like the model thread! Everyone helps and gives as much knowledge as they can to help me and many others.  Which I am very grateful for.

If things go wrong, we just accept. It can be incredibly frusrating, but I feel its borderline personal with some people on here when things don't go the way they want it to go.

Its the weather at end of day. Its beyond are control and sometimes more complex than a weather model can ever know.

We are tough in Yorkshire lol we can take it

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter
6 minutes ago, LeeSnowFan said:

We are tough in Yorkshire lol we can take it

True. I just think theres a bit of fury about it from some member when things don't go to plan and ends up in snappy arguments and handbags out.

Its true though. We should just enjoy what we get at the end of the day. The south are satisfied in the summer with the heat and good on them. We are never lucky enough to ever get any of the long lasting warm hot spells they are graced with frequently these days. I know we don't fair bad but its swings and roundabouts...

Edited by Snowjokes92
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very cold/sunny, Snow, Hot/Thunderstorms
25 minutes ago, Snowjokes92 said:

I just took a peak in south/south east thread! Jeez its like the model output thread part 2 in there! I am so glad everyone is pleasant in here. Everyone is easy to get on with and agrees to disagrees. No toy throwing chaos like the model thread! Everyone helps and gives as much knowledge as they can to help me and many others.  Which I am very grateful for.

If things go wrong, we just accept. It can be incredibly frusrating, but I feel its borderline personal with some people on here when things don't go the way they want it to go.

They get the heat in summer down in the south,we miss out all the time on the extreme impact of the heat(aware its not for everyone). Swings and roundabouts I suppose

Its the weather at end of day. Its beyond are control and sometimes more complex than a weather model can ever know.

It’s a Northern thing!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Euro was epic. Really hope we get a front rather than are shower dependent.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights
6 minutes ago, Craigers said:

This is the resolution from the UKV that picks up convection.

sunukv.png.7dc2706b2b1888acf47f99f2773c820d.thumb.png.b381876dfc4187e9921d43c7654e7c49.pngukv-snow.png.b28196d8041d3403da374aaa3a068434.thumb.png.b15c11c20828dc90a35304401fc9a059.png

Looks good and keeps that LP further east so the flow is N of due E - good for getting the showers further inland.

EC ensemble mean suggests  the LP  is south of where the op run put it, so that's a bit better too.

Edited by Just Before Dawn
  • Like 4

Posted
3 minutes ago, Craigers said:

sunukv.png.7dc2706b2b1888acf47f99f2773c820d.thumb.png.b381876dfc4187e9921d43c7654e7c49.pngukv-snow.png.b28196d8041d3403da374aaa3a068434.thumb.png.b15c11c20828dc90a35304401fc9a059.png

That’s looking promising.  Hopefully we get a few troughs in the flow or a few streamers setup!

• Like 3

Posted
7 minutes ago, Craigers said:

Can East Yorkshire join in the fun this time? Or will we miss out again and get torrential rain! I’m not very confident to be honest, but time will tell. 

Posted
Just now, Tinker Bell said:

Can East Yorkshire join in the fun this time? Or will we miss out again and get torrential rain! I’m not very confident to be honest, but time will tell. 

You will end up with more snow than West Yorkshire if this happens. Exposed to the heavier snow showers. Go on met office and look at forecast for scunthorpe it shows heavier snow showers.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Craigers said:

You will end up with more snow than West Yorkshire if this happens. Exposed to the heavier snow showers. Go on met office and look at forecast for scunthorpe it shows heavier snow showers.

Snow starved since 2010 so it’s our turn next. Yes I checked Hull on the bbc app earlier and we have some snow symbols for sun but Met office have us on a big fat zero! Time for change so I won’t throw my handbag just yet lol 

• Like 2

Posted
39 minutes ago, Tinker Bell said:

Snow starved since 2010 so it’s our turn next. Yes I checked Hull on the bbc app earlier and we have some snow symbols for sun but Met office have us on a big fat zero! Time for change so I won’t throw my handbag just yet lol 

@Tinker Bell Apps won’t show accurately the snow shower potential, in fact they rarely accurately predict anything!

For next week, I would say keep viewing the models looking for the strong Easterly feed and then come late Saturday and Sunday onwards I think it’s going to be down Radar watching for all of us.  If the current synoptics maintain then snow showers will be wide spread and should impact all areas including down to sea level, but impact day to day is likely to vary depending on whether we get an ESE, straight E, ENE or NE feed.  

Edited by SouthYorks
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Old snow sticking around quite well helped by the temperatures not zooming up. I may have something to measure tomorrow morning.

Posted

18z ICON looking good.  Scattered light snow showers from the North into the region as early as late Friday night and early Saturday, and a few through the day Saturday before they get going properly off the East coast on Sunday!

F78454FD-14C8-44B5-9AE3-6726048F7366.png

2C704651-0787-477D-8544-C5AED8DA5E57.png

• Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, Craigers said:

Boom from GFS 18z ?

B336A85B-7BC6-4CFB-83FF-7E16FDAC0242.png.0153664080a6bd99830af53fc443e2ee.thumb.png.63c1fd6aca11e94c23216170488987ec.png

Precip chart for same time!

DD16A42A-C7B1-4F18-91C4-6D3ACA2FC71B.gif

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, SouthYorks said:

Precip chart for same time!

DD16A42A-C7B1-4F18-91C4-6D3ACA2FC71B.gif

East Yorkshire and Lincolnshire getting a right pasting 

• Like 4

Posted

Let it be known that we stand on the brink of something potentially very special. Fingers, toes, hair follicles all crossed.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Yeah it's a relief to see the GFS finally looking better and more in tune with the euros! I'll still be looking in the morning behind the sofa haha!

think we're just about nailed now for Yorkshire, but with the proper cold due Sunday that's still just outside full on comfort. Id like to see these charts at T72 and then we're opening the champagne.

Could be an epic week coming up next week. After several snow events already and potentially more next week this winter could end up being great!! ?️❄️

Posted

North sea temps are roughly around 6c surely -8 and -9 uppers will produce snow  even at coast fingers crossed of something decent 5 to 10cms of snow and would be more then happy probably

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights

The GFS 18z op continues the theme of some fairly tricky winter weather on the eastern fringes of the region on Sunday night. 

Sun 21z.png

Sun 21z gust.png

Edited by Just Before Dawn
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!

Hopefully we might get some proper snow on the costal side of the Wolds this weekend, its been a bust so far this winter, ☃️

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter synoptics.Hot summers.
20 minutes ago, Sunny_AS said:

Looks like Kasim is back. Just seen a post of his in the north west thread.....

Yes a convective Easterly at 120z would push shower/streamers over the border after we've been dumped to death

image.thumb.png.272b529f786e95e5ee250e127d8fb23e.png

image.thumb.png.d410850cac9457c61960c43e35b13bb6.png

image.thumb.png.b8b214219572d650fac9f45c8572bbb3.png

Edited by winterof79
  • Like 2