Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion 30 December 2020 onwards

cheshire snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

A5DCF13C-9F2B-4B59-8F0C-4C1283B226A1.thumb.png.bb5e383316f7ef1cc1ac3fcf7934ec6c.png

Seriously ☹️

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days
42 minutes ago, Mark88 said:

Raining at work, just got home - continuous light snow here it's leaving a dusting on the grass and favoured surfaces, plus any of the now very bedraggled ice/snow that's managed to survive for over a week now in the shaded areas. Goes to show how marginal these things are though - in Halewood it was our old nemesis cold rain, not that it's Narnia here mind. 

Yeah although it is quite sleety in this  part of Halewood. Going to move to your part of the world next year had enough of it.

Posted

Lightest snow ive seen but we now have a covering on pavements and cars, it will probably just turn evreything else wet but that remains to be seen. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

No rain now. 100% snow. Light. 

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, Chris.R said:

Yeah although it is quite sleety in this  part of Halewood. Going to move to your part of the world next year had enough of it.

Suppose its up to yourself Chris but I would not let winter weather influence yourself too much on where you live. It's all about affordability, working and being happy in an area your living. I knew very well moving from the NE to Morecambe was going to greatly reduce of seeing snow but life is more important than a few months of the year when snow might fall. I do like how unlike in the NE I can look forward to a hot southerly and not usually have sea breezes and low cloud ruining things in summer so swings and roundabouts really. 

Still, you got a good chance of seeing snow in the next 24 hours, how much is uncertain as its a right messy set up. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Moderate snow here now.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Looks like a coastal sea level by Kimnel in North Wales has a covering of either hail or snow right now.. it looks good for the rest of us if so.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temps under 25 degrees and Disruptive Heavy Snowfall any other time

Merseyrail have announced they are not expecting to be able to run any trains tomorrow because they are expecting really bad weather!?

Edited by NickyB
  • Like 2

Posted
17 minutes ago, Spah1 said:

A5DCF13C-9F2B-4B59-8F0C-4C1283B226A1.thumb.png.bb5e383316f7ef1cc1ac3fcf7934ec6c.png

Seriously ☹️

You might as well just ignore the lightest blue. It's only snizzle.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Had an ice day here max of -0.2C. Min was -6.8C...no snow here at the moment as I peep out of the blinds. Looks interesting tonight though.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Ridiculous.. lost all my faith in this event now.. i believe this is another kind of shadow effect @Kasim Awan for Mcr.. hopefully later be more lucky..

67B72C44-879E-4F6D-9617-FE8DC3C343CD.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, SP1986 said:

Looks like a coastal sea level by Kimnel in North Wales has a covering of either hail or snow right now.. it looks good for the rest of us if so.

Temp is 1.5C colder than forecast here. It’s snowing, wet snow, buts it’s having a go. When that proper stuff finally comes over it should be the real deal. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winter, Hot Summer
8 minutes ago, SP1986 said:

Its hail SP

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.
4 minutes ago, NickyB said:

Merseyrail have announced they are not expecting to be able to run any trains tomorrow because they are expecting really bad weather!?

Weird.. I think that will come back and bite them to be honest. Then again, you could argue that it's a wise thing to do, given the covid situation.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, PsychedelicTony said:

Its hail SP

definitely snow falling west of there though, around Llanfairfechan and Abergwyngregyn way.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Still heavy sleet here but there are flakes in it. Looks like the snow line is literally 3 miles to my east

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winter, Hot Summer
Just now, SP1986 said:

definitely snow falling west of there though, around Llanfairfechan and Abergwyngregyn way.

Good news eh? Visibility terrible so could barely see over that way when I went down to West Shore 10 minutes ago. 

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Backtrack said:

Temp is 1.5C colder than forecast here. It’s snowing, wet snow, buts it’s having a go. When that proper stuff finally comes over it should be the real deal. 

still raining here though! though it's not beyond the realms of possibility that it will turn to snow in the next 30 minutes or so.

13 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

Still heavy sleet here but there are flakes in it. Looks like the snow line is literally 3 miles to my east

You happen to live 3 miles west of the M6? 

18 minutes ago, raul_sbd said:

Ridiculous.. lost all my faith in this event now.. i believe this is another kind of shadow effect @Kasim Awan for Mcr.. hopefully later be more lucky..

67B72C44-879E-4F6D-9617-FE8DC3C343CD.jpeg

This is due to a lack of convective strength to the system preventing it from forming correctly, as opposed to a rain shadow. Into the early hours / morning more general moderate precipitation will head south producing 2-6cm over hills and 0.5 to 2cm at lower levels, this limited to patchy coverings within Greater Manchester due to a weak Fohen effect. So not a classic defined rain shadow, more just producing somewhat lighter precip. West of the M6 marginal too due to freezing level being at 300m. So theoretically low level good chances will be Chesjre plan >70m & rural, Staffordshire, Leeds & Bradford and Burnley valley. Glossop & Buxton areas look to do well esp Edale.

Edited by Kasim Awan
  • Like 4

Posted
11 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

Raining in frodsham 

• Like 1