Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - Jan 2021 onwards

LomondSnowstorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw, Snaw and mair Snaw

I had to double check to see if I hadn't clicked the on daft thread by mistake...the excitement is ramping up in here is it not...have you lot not seen snaw before..???

We've had a wee dusting earlier on it was just enough to whiten the road, it does feel quite bitter outside even though its only showing +0.5deg/C air temp,

I have absolutley no idea what to expect in the next few days best just to look out the window to see whats happening I think.

Edited by Klippie
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Up for a nature call just now and looked out.   Couldn't believe it was raining!   Temp 1.3c/0.3c/ENE/998.5.   Precipitation showing on the radar as snow but slightly north of me running east to west.  The southern uplands appears to have plenty precipitation showing as snow which is slowly moving north towards Fife, but doesn't appear to have enough oomph in it as it just disappears when it reaches the Forth.

Only saving grace so far is the constant movement of the gritters past the house.   Must be expecting something I guess!

• Like 7

Posted

The radar is so interesting. It’s like a feeder band of showers are being sucked up the forth then slamming in tothe front and intensifying instantly over Stirling then moving north . Fantastic to see !

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW :-D

It was snowing here earlier has stopped for now, can see it changing to rain as temperature has went up a bit

• Like 6

Posted

Joint coldest night of winter here so far at minus 9. The coldest its been here in the last couple of years was minus 14 on the 31st January 2019 

News on the radio reporting temperatures of minus 15 in Scotland last night. Honestly, that wouldn't surprise me.

Edited by Sceptical
  • Like 6

Posted
4 minutes ago, jellybaby1969 said:

Wet start in Irvine..

Same here... Not sure if its rain, sleet or wet snow as its only light, but its not white outside! 

• Like 8

Posted
4 minutes ago, Ross B said:

Same here... Not sure if its rain, sleet or wet snow as its only light, but its not white outside! 

I had expected to wake up to a dusting...but temp 2c it looks like a damp grey day ahead.

Edited by jellybaby1969
Spelling
  • Like 7

Posted

Looks like light rain here at the minute and with Edinburgh Airport reading 3c I suspect a fairly miserable day ahead. 

• Like 7

Posted
3 minutes ago, 101_North said:

Looks like light rain here at the minute and with Edinburgh Airport reading 3c I suspect a fairly miserable day ahead. 

Not sure if intensity will help but looking at the regionals Yorkshire and surrounding have 5-10cm .. and that’s coming north this am. Will be rain here for sure but higher areas might do well

• Like 7

Posted

Hi guys total amateur here, any chance of weather warnings being upgraded or extended this week

my local weather station in dundee is 2 miles inland and is 95 metres above sea level and shows it snowing everyday from now until Monday on met office 

305BDEB3-54DB-49C5-9F08-17BD2160E67E.png

4099AF39-C6FB-4E1A-A32B-F19B1C6A031C.png

EDEEEE70-9A78-42A6-8E2C-F37D249BA174.png

ECC419EA-9419-41AD-9B2F-2CEF846F41AD.png

8955F376-5F38-4CE4-85F9-4EBF9B4957A1.png

77CF5154-D91B-4F57-A939-91FB419CD407.png

• Like 9

Posted

Morning all,

Easterly wind has picked up and raised the temperature overnight , currently steady at 3.8c. 

• Like 9

Posted

Hmmmm........started snowing here

Edit: My garden sensor now showing 0.3c. Surely not correct  

Edit 2: Stopped again

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 9