Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion January 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted

Models, as they tend to do, correcting Sunday’s snow southwards now.

Unless there is a drastic change in direction, I would be very surprised if East Anglia saw much at all, with areas South of the river looking far more comfortable in terms of snow prospects

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

Morning all, 

Well Today's chance went to Parts of East Anglia But not the South East Part Still I Expect with the BBC Having a long time for the Snow to begin tomorrow due to the trough moving through our Region Especially The South East And Could Bring Pretty significant snowfall. 

Screenshot_20210123_081239_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.a13777118f2f2ccc597c7071176b6576.jpgScreenshot_20210123_081247_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.9f1f34613116d72fc5997f0a080c5cb7.jpgScreenshot_20210123_081404_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.0449ca0f4a77b9fc5c83f3034c3cc366.jpgScreenshot_20210123_081414_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.fa385f784a456b1eb812c22c1a260ccb.jpg

You can really see the Trough move through especially Southern Parts of England with the best part of Our Region Being London And sorrounding areas. 

Would like to see @Paul Sherman and @TomSE12 Veiws Of tommorrow's chance.

Xander

Edited by Hurricane Squad
  • Like 4

Posted

2-3cm when it stopped earlier, woken up and its melted considerably but still a covering on most surfaces

looks like a chance of catching a couple snow showers later this afternoon/evening before a very cold night so i expect anything that remains today could/should still be here tomorrow alongside a frost 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, sun and snow.
7 hours ago, greenhithe said:

they were running a competion to name the gritters  i suggested  GARY  but for some reason they didnt like my name

Gritty McGritface? 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely
14 minutes ago, Delka said:

2-3cm when it stopped earlier, woken up and its melted considerably but still a covering on most surfaces

looks like a chance of catching a couple snow showers later this afternoon/evening before a very cold night so i expect anything that remains today could/should still be here tomorrow alongside a frost 

Absolutely nothing here in Attleborough and I’m 12 miles away, someone on here posted that Norfolk do tend to miss out on lots of snow, always are best chances is a very cold direct northerly wind , with beefy heavy snow showers , been absolutely years since that has happened. Many times here would have about 6” snow then head down A11 get other side of Thetford nothing . 
not sure if we will get much if any tomorrow 

Posted

Models starting to come into better agreement from overnight runs for parts of the SE and think the Met Office's map from Thursday for Sundays risk is spot on. The Pivot looks to happen about 50 miles west of London along the M4 Corridoor. I have a horrible feeling some places like my location could run the risk of not seeing any snow from this along with the North Kent and Essex and Suffolk Coasts and ECM could indeed by that stage be 9 from 9 with failed snow precip guidence which tells you all you need to know about that model going forward. Obviously we dont know where the Pivot is going to occur yet but 75% of the better models all seem to be singing from the same hymn sheet as it stands. 

Saturday : Hit and Miss Wintry Showers of Rain, Sleet, Graupel and Snow not really worth bothering about unless you luck out and get a heavier one for 45 minutes which gives a centimetre or 2.

Sunday : Areas to the West and South West of London could hit the jackpot with 3-7cm of Snow with places like the Surrey Hills and Southern Most part of the Chilterns 10-15cm in luckier spots with any heavier precip areas. Jackpot zones looks to be Surrey, Hampshire (Not Coastal) West Sussex (Not Coastal) Berks

If I was having a sunday stroll the Surrey Hills, Southern Chilterns or the western Part of the South Downs would be good for some sledging.

Have fun those in the western parts of the SE

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Cold Cold
1 minute ago, Paul Sherman said:

Models starting to come into better agreement from overnight runs for parts of the SE and think the Met Office's map from Thursday for Sundays risk is spot on. The Pivot looks to happen about 50 miles west of London along the M4 Corridoor. I have a horrible feeling some places like my location could run the risk of not seeing any snow from this along with the North Kent and Essex and Suffolk Coasts and ECM could indeed by that stage be 9 from 9 with failed snow precip guidence which tells you all you need to know about that model going forward. Obviously we dont know where the Pivot is going to occur yet but 75% of the better models all seem to be singing from the same hymn sheet as it stands. 

Saturday : Hit and Miss Wintry Showers of Rain, Sleet, Graupel and Snow not really worth bothering about unless you luck out and get a heavier one for 45 minutes which gives a centimetre or 2.

Sunday : Areas to the West and South West of London could hit the jackpot with 3-7cm of Snow with places like the Surrey Hills and Southern Most part of the Chilterns 10-15cm in luckier spots with any heavier precip areas. Jackpot zones looks to be Surrey, Hampshire (Not Coastal) West Sussex (Not Coastal) Berks

If I was having a sunday stroll the Surrey Hills, Southern Chilterns or the western Part of the South Downs would be good for some sledging.

Sounding good for us (Farnham. Surrey) I still won’t get my hopes up too high!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.
3 minutes ago, Hurricane Squad said:

Morning all, 

Well Today's chance went to Parts of East Anglia But not the South East Part Still I Expect with the BBC Having a long time for the Snow to begin tomorrow due to the trough moving through our Region Especially The South East And Could Bring Pretty significant snowfall. 

Screenshot_20210123_081239_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.a13777118f2f2ccc597c7071176b6576.jpgScreenshot_20210123_081247_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.9f1f34613116d72fc5997f0a080c5cb7.jpgScreenshot_20210123_081404_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.0449ca0f4a77b9fc5c83f3034c3cc366.jpgScreenshot_20210123_081414_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.fa385f784a456b1eb812c22c1a260ccb.jpg

You can really see the Trough move through especially Southern Parts of England with the best part of Our Region Being London And sorrounding areas. 

Xander

Morning Xander,

I really struggle to know whether you're being a clown or being serious?

You really have to sort out your typing skills..

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, paget said:

Sounding good for us (Farnham. Surrey) I still won’t get my hopes up too high!!

You look best placed for sure as it stands atm, lets see what the 06z and 12z models bring and hope it continues to show this, and nice that its occuring on a sunday as well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

BBC has upgraded to heavy snow for me tomorrow. I shall remain sceptical to avoid disappointment. 

• Like 1

Posted

Morning

A frost two days in a row...probably the most winter I’ll see this weekend

Overnight low of -1.1c, currently overcast and 0.7c, dew point 0.2c.

Radar perhaps looks interesting for some in the north west of the region, if the temps stay low, due to the area of precipitation currently moving SE?

7E3FD655-637B-4DF5-9D06-DF12B4408DE9.jpeg

Posted
Just now, SHM040519 said:

So I’m guessing east Kent where I am...canterbury may not see much? 

If your talking screw zone this winter where places have hardly even seen a flake of snow falling and run the risk of not seeing any this side of February the following areas have been the unfortunate ones

South Essex, Kent, Coastal Suffolk, Parts of London.

Am just hoping those Cheshire Gap showers have at least a few snowflakes in daylight hours that some in the starved areas can see fall to the ground

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunder
12 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Sounding good then here in the Surrey Hills... will hopefully have some good pics to share

Posted
4 minutes ago, SHM040519 said:

So I’m guessing east Kent where I am...canterbury may not see much? 

I’m in Folkestone and expect only rain. Somehow Canterbury seems to do a little better than us, not sure what the elevation is there?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle
8 minutes ago, D.V.R said:

Morning Xander,

I really struggle to know whether you're being a clown or being serious?

You really have to sort out your typing skills..

I cannot spell nor have I woken up properly yet and my phone is so bad to type on so, anyway good morning I could type it out again but is there much point.

Xander

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, lottiekent said:

I’m in Folkestone and expect only rain. Somehow Canterbury seems to do a little better than us, not sure what the elevation is there?

Guess as we are further away from the channel too maybe? 15 miles or so makes a big difference! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
12 hours ago, Polaris said:

??

Rain here fuelled by Malbec

the rum worked. Had some heavy sleet for a time!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Cold Cold

Starting to get slightly excited! (I know, I really shouldn’t!) we haven’t seen a flake for 2 years now so Im just so hopeful! It always seems to just miss us here! Or it comes in from the east and fizzles out before it gets here! (Farnham, Surrey!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.
6 minutes ago, Hurricane Squad said:

I cannot spell nor have I woken up properly yet and my phone is so bad to type on so, anyway good morning I could type it out again but is there much point.

Xander

No need - just take a little more time with your post if you want people to take you seriously. 

• Thanks 1

Posted

I’m thinking I’ll be a bit too Far East in Reigate but I’ll see for tomorrow’s snow! At least there’s a hard frost forecast for tonight. 

Posted
20 minutes ago, slater said:

Absolutely nothing here in Attleborough and I’m 12 miles away, someone on here posted that Norfolk do tend to miss out on lots of snow, always are best chances is a very cold direct northerly wind , with beefy heavy snow showers , been absolutely years since that has happened. Many times here would have about 6” snow then head down A11 get other side of Thetford nothing . 
not sure if we will get much if any tomorrow 

It did seem to be very localised again last night! I have family in Spalding, Kings Lynn and Thetford, none of them saw any snow overnight.. it does feel like Dereham area has been the sweet spot of the region a couple times this month, not just last night but there was the last snowfall that gave us a couple inches whilst places not too far away barely managed a cm. 

I think we have a small chance of some wintry/snow showers later but i’m in agreement about little chance tomorrow now as we’re a tad far north