Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion Feb 2021 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Was 13.9°C at 4 am which I thought was notable.

on another note, cold zonal often gives us surprises so I’m moderately excited at the prospect of that next week.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Drizzle has arrived

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Rain has arrived and there are some bigger drops now hitting the conservatory roof.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

Quick there and back  

Usual shot! 

516A4D5F-EF7B-4FD2-A891-6B12820A8C5E.thumb.jpeg.937efe53a6d603f3987c70eac2313b20.jpeg

Murk

(edit: Warm Murk)

• Like 7

Posted
10 minutes ago, Iceaxecrampon said:

Quick there and back  

Usual shot! 

516A4D5F-EF7B-4FD2-A891-6B12820A8C5E.thumb.jpeg.937efe53a6d603f3987c70eac2313b20.jpeg

Murk

(edit: Warm Murk)

Yes the lovely long fetch SW airstream in full glory.. equals high humidity low dank grey cloud shrouding everything.

It is very still outside and very uninspiring. We need some sunshine to lift the gloom looking forward to an injection of polar air to clear this muck away. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Temperature peaked at 14.1C here, just after 6AM. Now at 13.1C and has turned into a miserable damp afternoon. 

• Like 3

Posted
Just now, Ramp said:

Drab and dreary, roll on fresher weather ASAP.

It's very annoying I always want clear decent weather this time of year for good fell walking given have time on my hands but year after year in the main such weather is infrequent..  second half of winter far far far better for settled conditions than first half. If it wasn't for Christmas December hands down would be my worse month it rarely delivers. By now we've had 2 months of dark grey wet weather and it generally starts to grind you down. Moan over!

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I quite like today’s weather. Fire on, cosy. 

• Like 3

Posted

Grim. wet and dark.  23.3 mm picked up from gauge at 9am.    Apart from sunbeam break of 30 secs late morning there has been gloom and rain throughout.  Specially heavily lashing down this afternoon.  There'll be floods somewhere soon.

WWW.GAUGEMAP.CO.UK

GaugeMap is an award winning interactive map with the latest river level, flow and groundwater data from Environment Agency stations in Britain & Ireland.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cool & dry, with regular cold, snowy periods.

The classic December weather. It's almost the worst winter weather we get, the only thing missing is strong winds, and then it really would be shocking!  

I recall a bike ride early/mid December in similar weather and really hoping it would soon clear up for the festive period.......but knowing it was unlikely. And so it proved. I despair if there's another 2 months of this........

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

A dark rainy day. Heavy showers

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat, thunderstorms and winter snow

Today is the kind of day that proves mild weather in Winter is 99% of the time utter before late February at the earliest at our latitude as it’s so often just dark, dreary & courtesy of the SW wind very wet. Heating savings are negligible as most Joe public will still whack their heating on anyway as it’s December. Who cares if it’s 14c if it’s so miserable?! I would much rather have 4c, frosty mornings and crisp sunny skies  ☀️  Not as mild thankfully into early January - a cool- cold zonality setting up perhaps but no sign of any ‘real’ cold sadly. 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Just spent a thoroughly depressing afternoon dodging the rain outside the shops and the crowds inside and it’s debatable which was the worst although at least the rain doesn’t cough and sneeze all over you

It’s certainly a couple of hours of my life I’ll never get back

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

12.4C we've got up to today under dull wet conditions and it's almost January supposedly "the dead of winter" to put that into perspective we had 13 days in April this year when it failed to reach 12C here. Often the sun was shining too, a much stronger sun than this time of year. 2 of those days we didn't get above 4C. We do have a strange climate.

• Like 5

Posted

Still belting down rain all the way from Dublin to our back door.  It's what we've come to call the New Year Flood.    Often followed by a cold spell. 

• Like 5

Posted

We had a spell of heavy rain earlier but looking at the radar the heaviest precip, is a touch further north.  Cold 'zonality' doesn't inspire me in this warming climate we are living in.  It usually now just brings cold rain, or slushy wet sleet at best which doesn't last too long in it's wintry form after hitting the ground.  I hope I'm wrong and we get some amazing cold uppers to lay inch upon inch of fluffy white crystals, but nothing suggesting this currently in the reliable.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

DD55E7D5-9224-4DF1-BCDE-A077ACFC4070.thumb.png.f2f00d333b6e0de7da92e8c2efd90bf6.png

When you see a front like today’s it always make me wonder when was the last time we had a front like this and it was snow. 2010 was a streamer so not the same. Maybe the LP that came from the North in 2009? 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Coming to a dream near you hopefully

• Like 5