Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 8th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Looks like sun is trying to poke through now, not managing, but it's brighter, and the cloud is bright where the sun is, so probably not long now, not expecting anything down here, whatever happens.

Posted

Something firing up colchester way, lets all move to colchester.....maybe not   23c here, warmest its been for a few weeks, but still cloudy muggy crud.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

The cap is like..... nope.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
5 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

Thunder, we have thunder.....

I was awaiting your post, BB . . . It's very black, over at Will's!⚡

Edited by Ed Stone
  • Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

No rain here, cant see any lightening except on the radar, going to the west of us I think.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.
8 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

I’m on Lowestoft beach and I can certainly see that cell continuing to build. Not sure whether it will hit here though.

• Like 2

Posted

No sign of anything stormy here either, but muggy and strong wind gusts so perhaps later, the oh says better not cause power cut when the big match is on later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Bit of a 'bust' forecast today in my opinion...bits of rain (not much this morning) where I am and this afternoon has been dry with hazy sun, looking at the radar little in the way of rain/convectivity for most of central and eastern England, not like what BBC was forecasting!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow
8 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

Bit of a 'bust' forecast today in my opinion...bits of rain (not much this morning) where I am and this afternoon has been dry with hazy sun, looking at the radar little in the way of rain/convectivity for most of central and eastern England, not like what BBC was forecasting!

Absolutely. No sign of any convection to date here in herts. All happening to the north and west. Certainly no widespread heavy showers and thunderstorms as was forecast... yet..

Edited by minus10
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
4 minutes ago, minus10 said:

Absolutely. No sign of any convection to date here in herts. All happening to the north and west. Certainly no widespread heavy showers and thunderstorms as was forecast... yet..

Just got back from my trip to Lidl, as I might need something to ease the pain of Ukraine. A few rumbles from the cell out west (and there's another one!). And gee, it's Betty S. out there!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms
41 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Just got back from my trip to Lidl, as I might need something to ease the pain of Ukraine. A few rumbles from the cell out west (and there's another one!). And gee, it's Betty S. out there!

Just thrown it down at Blofield nr Norwich, couple of cracks of thunder almost on top of each other but looks like the worst was S and E (hard to tell tbh!)

Edited by Norfolk Sheep

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Any chance now? 

Posted

Quelle surprise, 2 rumbles of thunder and let's watch the midlands and NW light up yet again. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow

Yes a bust for us here in south east. Ah well....to the football...

Yesterday went exactly as forecast.. It was clear by Thursday afternoon that the thunderstorms and showers were going to be a lot further North than planned and not really effecting us to much.. In fact yesterday afternoon when the sun came out it was pretty warm.

Same to for today.. The main focus of showers and storms will be further North once the rain coming through now clears. Could be some decent spells of sunshine later as well.. Feeling warm and muggy.. 

Higher chance of a shower or 2 today but nothing major really..

The sun rain sun rain continues! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 'Big talk' weather....:-)

Torrential rain here.....no thunder or lightning  Great summer.....not (although football is fab) x

• Like 3

Posted

After yesterdays murk today is a big improvement, bit of sun gentle breeze and dry so far quite happy with this and have my little tv so dont have to watch any sport that the oh has on big tele hurrah, sorry but i loath tennis and not a football fan either ☺️

Posted

Once again looks like the se missing out on the convective thundery action. Is it me or does thundery weather seem to occur further north and west now than when i was a lad...( few years ago)

• Like 1

Posted

Yesterday was very disappointing, especially when Dan is usually bang on the money with his convective forecasts. 

Mind you, the 2 rumbles of thunder we did have sounded quite odd. 

Hey ho, the wait continues.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter snow.

Yet another day with all the thundery action way north and west of London, becoming tediously common now. Pleasant enough in the sun today and it’s been mostly dry but another week of cloudy wet dross and cool temperatures coming up. I really hope the models are still looking encouraging for an improvement later in the month ????

Posted

I’m getting really tired of this summer and our general weather, full of boring nothingness, no snow, no thunderstorms, no heat, miserable.

• Like 3