Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 8th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
23 hours ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

When I become PM there will be legislation banning a NE'ly between March and December.

Utterly sick of it.

lol exactly ,was /is holy grail of winter ,well ,blow me with an easterly ,since spring it seems ,its been north, north northeast , or East,just enough to blow enough cold  air too hamper convection ,then in winter we struggle for a streamer or sometimes even a shower ,then in mid winter you look summer charts and think ,i cant believe it :-}

Posted

Weather has been truly awful this year, cold wet weather in winter, below average temp spring, May was awful, few nice days in June then has reverted back to awful conditions. Haven’t been checking the models as much as usual and I think it will be a couple of weeks before I visit again, supposed to be high summer. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms
1 hour ago, clark3r said:

Weather has been truly awful this year, cold wet weather in winter, below average temp spring, May was awful, few nice days in June then has reverted back to awful conditions. Haven’t been checking the models as much as usual and I think it will be a couple of weeks before I visit again, supposed to be high summer. 

On the plus side, I do believe the sky is a lighter shade of grey compared with yesterday!

1 hour ago, clark3r said:

I have to disagree 

Granted it was colder for longer but summer isn't about constant days of blue sky and sun. We live by the Atlantic unfortunately..

As I mentioned before the past few summers have set the bar way to high..

I'm loving the current rain sun rain sun...long may it continue..  

Ground all dried out here already from the deluge we had 24 hours ago.. 

1 hour ago, suffolk lady said:

Well its really yucky horrible grey and blowy here, still needing to wear jumpers trousers and fleece tops and this is summer

Blue skies here albeit plenty of cloud around as well lots of sunshine now feeling very warm and muggy...

Amazing the difference in weather over a small area!

Edited by Surrey

Posted

Gloomy day, but not cold to me anyway, just had a 10 minute heavy rain shower, looks to be more incoming from the NE this afternoon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Better today as the low cloud dispersed quickly before mid morning. Still lots of cloud thanks to that front but it is at least bright and it feels warmer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter snow.

A very nondescript weather day. Cloudy but quite bright, below par temperatures but does feel pleasant enough out and about. Very boring weather really!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms
1 hour ago, suffolk lady said:

murk murk and more murk here also an odd spot of rain for excitement 

I don't want to sound too optimistic but the sun is trying to make an appearance in its usual time slot of 7pm. 

Posted
10 hours ago, Surrey said:

I have to disagree 

Granted it was colder for longer but summer isn't about constant days of blue sky and sun. We live by the Atlantic unfortunately..

As I mentioned before the past few summers have set the bar way to high..

I'm loving the current rain sun rain sun...long may it continue..  

Ground all dried out here already from the deluge we had 24 hours ago.. 

What are you taking about what sun? 10 seconds worth wow. First half of June was very decent since very poor. Since October has been very cloudy only April has been sunnier than average. It’s rubbish June rainfall exceeding 200% of average in SE. Going to be cloudiest June since 2016 and that was record breaking dull. 

Heathrow stats tell it all it seems you think we live in Iceland…

F8BF330D-E1BA-4160-B765-DF46B8AF893F.thumb.png.840900e452f2d00784a8602a7e3a8f69.png

Edited by Daniel*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

The sun came out. That's it. That's the post.

1 hour ago, Daniel* said:

What are you taking about what sun? 10 seconds worth wow. First half of June was very decent since very poor. Since October has been very cloudy only April has been sunnier than average. It’s rubbish June rainfall exceeding 200% of average in SE. Going to be cloudiest June since 2016 and that was record breaking dull. 

Heathrow stats tell it all it seems you think we live in Iceland…

F8BF330D-E1BA-4160-B765-DF46B8AF893F.thumb.png.840900e452f2d00784a8602a7e3a8f69.png

Yeh and? Great growing weather! pipe down..

Edited by Surrey
  • Like 1

Posted
39 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Yeh and? Great growing weather! pipe down..

I’m sure you are very happy with your business, as you can laze back.... Growth this year is behind in my garden btw and everyone else I know has experienced the same, but there is an amazing microclimate where you are. ?‍♂️ 

8 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

I’m sure you are very happy with your business, as you can laze back.... Growth this year is behind in my garden btw and everyone else I know has experienced the same, but there is an amazing microclimate where you are. ?‍♂️ 

Absolute SH...

You dont know much about growing then 

Ive flowering bamboo which happens once every 150 years.. grow rates of over 7" a week on some of my bamboo which has never happened  

No dead yellow grass anywhere and lush green rhodies and trees

Edited by Surrey

Posted
2 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Absolute SH...

You dont know much about growing then 

Ive flowering bamboo which happens once every 150 years.. grow rates of over 7" a week on some of my bamboo which has never happened  

No dead yellow grass anywhere and lush green rhodies and trees

Depressed much 

Yes I’m quite aware bamboo loves rain it grows in Amazon rainforest not a native plant. Absurd example to use. Our summers aren’t meant to be like this. 

Just now, Daniel* said:

Yes I’m quite aware bamboo loves rain it grows in Amazon rainforest not a native plant. Absurd example to use. Our summers aren’t meant to be like this. 

LOL! You are salty.. 

"Absurd" 

So what if its not? Spread a bit of happiness and not the constant doom and gloom you post

Posted
Just now, Surrey said:

LOL! You are salty.. 

"Absurd" 

So what if its not? Spread a bit of happiness and not the constant doom and gloom you post

You shouldn’t be presenting a false reality. Quite selfish perspective really. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
14 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

My garden gets over grown every three weeks now, plus the biggest dandelions I've ever seen, thigh hight. Not now, when they flowered, and couldn't get to the strimmer, earlier in the year.

• Thanks 1

Just now, alexisj9 said:

My garden gets over grown every three weeks now, plus the biggest dandelions I've ever seen, thigh hight. Not now, when they flowered, and couldn't get to the strimmer, earlier in the year.

Sun rain sun rain... Doesn't take a genius to see that more water = bigger better plants regardless of temperatures. It is not that important if staying around 15-20c. It is light. Add in over average rainfall and a bit of sun you have optimum growing conditions.. I bet some of the farmers are laughing right now.. Saving on cost of water and seeing great outdoor results.. Biggest problem will be pests probably snails and slugs! 

A lot of people will notice the impressive growth rates on the laurel, bays.. even some of the slower growing tree species have excellent growth rates.. Some of the yew hedge I cut the other day was over an inch long! That is impressive for a yew hedge in the height of summer!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Yes although the weather has been very dull, it's been a long time since I've seen everything so lush and green. Everything is overgrown. It's usually dead yellow grass and parched land at this time of year especially the last few years. It's nice to see plants and trees so alive.

Edited by Freeze
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1