Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 8th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal
5 minutes ago, Surrey said:

WOW! Must be some serious flooding under them cells to the North East of London! Bloody hell!!!

I am so close by! The sky is very dark looking in that direction. 

Screenshot 2021-06-25 at 21.16.56.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

Was there any forecast of a tornadic supercell today? That looked absolutely off the charts on the Doppler radar. No surprise to see pictures and videos like this!  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

The storm just grazed past South Woodham, just a bit of rain on the edge got us.
But we did have a great moody view. 

storm-1.thumb.jpg.6bf7ece446311889310f9237cdb7e07c.jpg

storm-2.thumb.jpg.0af989defb408ef967c4cd0814a49494.jpg

storm-6.thumb.jpg.b3e5e79fe4ebe67c82620aec2eacefee.jpg

storm-8.thumb.jpg.8243fa1ce7ab499a2da819bbcc9c8818.jpg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 hour ago, mb018538 said:

Was there any forecast of a tornadic supercell today? That looked absolutely off the charts on the Doppler radar. No surprise to see pictures and videos like this!  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 minute ago, lassie23 said:

There other videos with more damage too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
35 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

There other videos with more damage too.

It does look bad and no warnings either

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

The first half of next week looking very soggy for our Region, thanks to an irritating area of low pressure that slowly meanders across Northern France over the next few days giving up to 50mm (2 inches) of rain for some.

GFS rainfall accumulation to Weds 30th: 1786088777_GFSPrecipAccum26to30Jun21.thumb.GIF.9920790030ce6c3b657cf3226ae9a8f5.GIF

I've been nervously watching developments as I'm taking my caravan up to the North Yorkshire Moors for a week's holiday from Sunday. It's looking like I'll be just to the north of the rainfall (see red arrow), so hopefully I'll be able to get out and about and enjoy the wonderful scenery and views.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Blessed Weather said:

The first half of next week looking very soggy for our Region, thanks to an irritating area of low pressure that slowly meanders across Northern France over the next few days giving up to 50mm (2 inches) of rain for some.

GFS rainfall accumulation to Weds 30th: 1786088777_GFSPrecipAccum26to30Jun21.thumb.GIF.9920790030ce6c3b657cf3226ae9a8f5.GIF

I've been nervously watching developments as I'm taking my caravan up to the North Yorkshire Moors for a week's holiday from Sunday. It's looking like I'll be just to the north of the rainfall (see red arrow), so hopefully I'll be able to get out and about and enjoy the wonderful scenery and views.

The Moors are phantastic, I wish you good luck on the weather front.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Today is going well, the forecast was sunshine and a couple of showers. Well there is endless low cloud and drizzle so no sunshine and the word showers is probably a stretch at the moment. The temperatures are also stranded in the low/mid teens…

• Like 1

Posted

Wow, not quite sure where Peterborough is, admittedly, it's nice a sunny here, so assumed as close to the coast it was sunny for most of the south east, may be it isn't.

Posted

Looking at radar, it looks rather familiar at the moment, showers moving up from France and dying.

Posted

Plenty of sunshine here, wasnt expecting it or to be as warm as it is, some cloud around but nothing much to stop the suns rays. Temp 17/18c, with a NW light breeze. Tomorrow onwards looks to go downhill rapidly. 

Edit, Beeb got thunderstorm symbols for monday night/tuesday morning, are they sure about that?!

Edited by Blazerblue

Posted

lovely sunny one here today hurrah, thank goodness although it is only pleasantly warm that it is nice and bright with a light breeze much better than the depressing murk yesterday.☺️

• Like 1

Posted

Afternoon all

I live about a mile and a half from the Barking "tornado" and heard and saw the sum total of bugger all.

I did note it was stormy to the north-east of my current location in mid-evening and we had a few spots of rain but that's all.

A reminder just how localised these events can be - I have to say I'm still doubtful it was anything other than a severe thunderstorm with a strong squall but I can be convinced.

Posted
3 hours ago, alexisj9 said:

Looking at radar, it looks rather familiar at the moment, showers moving up from France and dying.

same old same old ,they are trying to stretch themselves across ,your way i guess ,elevated is always our best bet ,like yesterdays tornado ,unless you get some vortex in a deep low or something like that which you will never see traditionally it,ll be mixed in in the general gales,we need the channel to be like the gulf ,and even then, you never really get tornadoes in say new orleans (not that they really want them as usually they are tidying up from hurricanes )or just in land, its always usually a little further north ,your lucky to get surfaced based storms in kent really,i think anyway, we have cold (relativley )water on three sides ,midlands are best for them i reckon ie convergence zones which is to far inland

Posted
4 hours ago, alexisj9 said:

6 minutes ago, TN9 said:

same old same old ,they are trying to stretch themselves across ,your way i guess ,elevated is always our best bet ,like yesterdays tornado ,unless you get some vortex in a deep low or something like that which you will never see traditionally it,ll be mixed in in the general gales,we need the channel to be like the gulf ,and even then, you never really get tornadoes in say new orleans (not that they really want them as usually they are tidying up from hurricanes )or just in land, its always usually a little further north ,your lucky to get surfaced based storms in kent really,i think anyway, we have cold (relativley )water on three sides ,midlands are best for them i reckon ie convergence zones which is to far inland

but if looking out of ordinarily ..lots of little earthquakes happing on your fault line ,doverish ..channel ,north France,let me if your tea cups rattle

Posted
17 hours ago, lassie23 said:

It does look bad and no warnings either

blame nick,thought he would of seen that coming or is he in the states ,in that case he wouldnt of

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Blessed Weather said:

Judging by the latest ICON run everything has been shoved South and West.. Ideally I want the rain.. Even the heavy rain we had at the start of the week everything is bone dry again 

Posted
24 minutes ago, TN9 said:

but if looking out of ordinarily ..lots of little earthquakes happing on your fault line ,doverish ..channel ,north France,let me if your tea cups rattle

Not felt a thing.

• Like 1