Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 8th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

It's notably cold...not sure if the heating is going to go on - but the temps are similar to the winter solstice in some places according to Meto - and some a fraction below! What a dismal day, I can't believe we've taken this week off! Currently taking bets as to whether we'll get single figures tonight.

On a non-weather note, I see the Goodyear Blimp is coming to Kent and London next week, and as a kid, my Dad and I used to follow it around!  There's no decent views of the London skyline from the Wycombe area, but can anyone recommend one in Berks/Surrey or Herts? Ta.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Fog, Frost, Storms and Rain if it rains like it means it.
27 minutes ago, Team Squirrel said:

It's notably cold...not sure if the heating is going to go on - but the temps are similar to the winter solstice in some places according to Meto - and some a fraction below! What a dismal day, I can't believe we've taken this week off! Currently taking bets as to whether we'll get single figures tonight.

On a non-weather note, I see the Goodyear Blimp is coming to Kent and London next week, and as a kid, my Dad and I used to follow it around!  There's no decent views of the London skyline from the Wycombe area, but can anyone recommend one in Berks/Surrey or Herts? Ta.

Well my log burning has been in action the today...felt quite uncomfortably chilly today. Can't wait for the next round of sunshine

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !
11 hours ago, Team Squirrel said:

Epsom downs has spectacular views across London towards Canary Wharf and the City of air quality is good you can see all the way across the Thames Valley ! Leith Hill deep in the Surrey hills also affords amazing views North across the whole of London. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

Also I wonder if we can go a full week without seeing the sunshine ? Not witnessed here in Surrey since last Wednesday early evening !? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Sitting in my van in Orpington and it is pouring and only 11 degrees.been poor here since last Wednesday evening weather wise but barring 4th June when it poured most of the day temperatures have been above average and indeed last Monday Tuesday and Wednesday temperatures were 26 23 and 27 here so perspective is sometimes needed.Yes Friday to today have been crap temperatures wise but that is only 5 days out of 22.Things will improve after today hopefully

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Just nudged 17c late afternoon, actually felt warm compared to the last few days, even under the cloud. Haven't seen the sun in 5 days, that's rare in summer for the south coast.

Posted
11 hours ago, Badgers01 said:

Epsom downs has spectacular views across London towards Canary Wharf and the City of air quality is good you can see all the way across the Thames Valley ! Leith Hill deep in the Surrey hills also affords amazing views North across the whole of London. 

Oh I forgot about Epsom Downs, my grandad lived nearby and I used to call it Ups and Downs!

According to Meto, a minimum of 6.c tonight. Unbelievable. I've put the windows back in the polytunnel for tonight. it's July next week!

• Like 1

Posted

Think its about time we got a cold weather payment, they need to work out what is classed as a low temp for the summer, hearing lots of folk having to put their heating on so no doubt the power companies will work out higher monthly payments after the next quarterly readings. The last few days and nights have been very chilly and it seems the rest of the week is looking not exactly over warm.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
On 22/06/2021 at 08:00, Badgers01 said:

Also I wonder if we can go a full week without seeing the sunshine ? Not witnessed here in Surrey since last Wednesday early evening !? 

It's sunny now, here anyway.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Morning all!

Good news - it's actually sunny.

Bad news - the pesky northerly breeze is still here.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
12 hours ago, suffolk lady said:

Think its about time we got a cold weather payment, they need to work out what is classed as a low temp for the summer, hearing lots of folk having to put their heating on so no doubt the power companies will work out higher monthly payments after the next quarterly readings. The last few days and nights have been very chilly and it seems the rest of the week is looking not exactly over warm.

Yet I've been in my usual garb: work trousers and a tank top!  I recall watching Wimbledon back in 1972, I think it was: fresh east wind, driving rain, and only 10 or 11C . . . Now that summer really was a stinker! 

Posted

Not a bad day really, washing done, grass cut and the Peepers are being busy poking about or sunning themselves. Amazing how indpendent they get after a few days. The OH caught 3 of them embarking on an expedition into the veg garden this morning!

Shame it's likely to go ***s up from Friday, when I'm away in the caravan for the weekend!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, clouds, aurora

Clear skies last night over Suffolk, finally able to see a great display of noctilucent clouds (quick pic from phone while hanging out window)

IMG_6633.jpg

Pretty safe to say usual summer weather.. I think the last few years of mental heat early on have pushed the bar up for what we expect summer to be.

For me this is perfect weather. Sun rain Sun rain continuing and is a blessing in disguise for us all as we can save water and save on the water bill!

By now in the last few years everything is brown and looking sad.. I like that it is lush and green and looks and feels a bit like a rain forest!

With the humidity going up over the next few days and thunderstorms it really will feel tropical!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

It's good that the weather has turned, just found out our boiler is playing around as the heating wasn't coming on 

But on that notes, 20c is warm enough for me. Lovely out.

Did someone say THUNDERSTORMS? 

Edited by Dami

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Just got soaked at guide camp. It's lovely to be outside!

Gone quite muggy and warm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
2 hours ago, Blazerblue said:

One word for this morning: Muggy.

I have two, muggy and wet, at least my son's school trip is in doors today, they are doing the wall climb at the local lesure centre.

Posted

Sun breaking through now, not sure I chose a good weekend for a caravan break though!