Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - March 2021 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

It must have been a bit breezy overnight as the bird feeder stand was ripped out of the ground at some point, probably around 07:36 when the wind hit 22mph. Still windy enough for me to have to chase my hat down to the cafe when I went for lunch earlier.

Temperature 10.4deg.C, humidity 81%, wind 5 to 10 mph swinging from west of northerly to east of northerly, pressure is 993.2hPa and rising quickly, there's been 3.6mm of rain today and cloud cover is 8/8.

• Like 7

Posted

God awful weather for late May as others have noted. 8c and a strong NEly wind and driving rain.

After just 6% of the average monthly rainfall in April we’re now over 200% for May with plenty of time to add further to that! 

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie

Absolutely filthy out there. I popped for community testing at the Mobile unit and was glad I didn't cycle. They won't be getting many non-vehicle punters today.

Heating and lights on at home.

20210521_114445.jpg

• Like 9

Posted

Says it all, that reading is respectable for February!

Screenshot_20210521-172537.png

• Like 6

Posted
18 minutes ago, Quinach said:

And we are down to 5c as well.I see a lot of sleet and snow on the radar just inland from here.Hills look as though they will be white in the morning again!

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
1 hour ago, Quinach said:

Drove to Westhill in the rain this morning, drove back this afternoon in what can only be described as torrential drizzle. The icing on the cake was my car ice warning beeping as I approached Tillyfourie, meaning it was 3C outside. It did manage to climb back up to 4C through Alford, then dropped back to 3C as I headed up the hill. The rain even turned slightly sleety then too.

The last of the wood is currently being used on the stove.

Edited by Ravelin
  • Like 8

Posted

Max of 9.1C, now 5.0C. Very windy. Dog walking unpleasant. Snow forecast at dawn. As @mardathasays, 'the pits'! 

PXL_20210521_143717394.jpg

• Like 9

Posted

The sun came out for few brief minutes at 9.15pm just across the Firth to the NW.   Strange after such a cool day as it  was nearly a midsummer sunset

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 5

Posted

It's a nice day here, warm, calm, dry and occasionally sunny, which is just as well as my daughter has asked me to take the land rover up to the farm to haul some supposedly redundant pipework out of the ground in one of her fields. To be honest I'm approaching this task with some trepidation as I'm imagining the scene half a mile or so up the brae where some sorry individual will suddenly find themselves exiting their bathroom backwards though the external wall still sitting on the w.c. that's connected to the other end of said pipe. Alternatively, this same person will be idly going through the personal ads in the local paper and wondering what that loud but distant bang was as one of my half-shafts lets go in dramatic fashion. Either way I'll update you all later.

Temperature 13.4deg.C up from a minimum of 4.3deg.C at 05:57, humidity is 52%, wind is 1 to 5mph northerly, pressure is 1005.5hPa rising slowly, there's been no rain in the last 24 hours and cloud cover is 6/8.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winter/warm dry summer
15 hours ago, Northernlights said:

The sun came out for few brief minutes at 9.15pm just across the Firth to the NW.   Strange after such a cool day as it  was nearly a midsummer sunset

Saw some fantastic sunset pics from Nairn beach last night - remarkable turn around given the day we had.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Mostly cloudy here but there have been some bright intervals. 11.5C

Looking like a being a good day in the South side of Glasgow⚽️ so beers are being consumed as I write.

• Like 4

Posted

Couple more photos from this afternoon .Snow shower to the south over the Cairngorms.DSC02706.thumb.JPG.2a9b405b1a9b1b0e50b264e18bdd30c2.JPG

Oil rig being towed out of the Firth. DSC02707.thumb.JPG.03298aaa6b4b1af43279fb4503bd3db2.JPG

Can just about make out in the photo the cliffs at Dunbeath  in clear arctic air.DSC02709.thumb.JPG.44e4df4c04b97ae3d06572041f59b999.JPG

• Like 9

Posted

Mainly cloudy with 7/8ths coverage most of the day and a high of 11.8C. But not at all unpleasant especially for a vigorous walk up by Talla into Borders Forest Trust territory...

PXL_20210522_152409701.jpg

PXL_20210522_151346507.jpg

• Like 8

Posted

Cloud's cleared actually been a nice afternoon suspect it won't be the same tomorrow

• Like 6

Posted

Infinitely nicer day.

Typical early spring day of sunshine and occasional short sharp showers.

Feeling pleasant in the sunshine, cold in the shade as temperature max was only 8.9c.

Light winds throughout.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,high winds, thunderstorms, extreme weather
On 21/05/2021 at 09:41, Northernlights said:

Cool wet start at 7c with a fresh NE wind.Real springlike!!

Have attached an article on climate plus other subjects from a former agronomist of mine .Used to look forward to his Xmas meetings where you always came away with thought provoking stuff.He was always good at looking at subjects from a different angle.Now a manager of a vast farming operation in the Ukraine. His take on global warming has always been unique56627907-1e6e-49dd-b6ad-70e6853a0e3e.pdf

Very interesting article, beginning to think there is something very interesting/worrying about the sunspots grand minimum.  I have been reading several articles on electro verse.net I may need to buy a skido for future winters!

• Like 5

Posted

Ground still to wet to sow neeps in the field but at least its warmer at 14c .Garden sown about a month ago is showing mixed results carrots germinated ,peas and lettuce and just through but no beetroot as yet  or parsnips but parsnips do need real heat to germinate so looks as though will have to resow.Strawberries will  be well into June at this rate but one plant I have under glass  has green fruit now.

• Like 9

Posted

Most of the rain has stayed away (so far) but got a feeling it's not far away

• Like 5

Posted

Today was a bit pants, really. Wet pants.

Temperature went from 2.1deg.C at 00:04 to 10.7deg.C at 14:26, humidity 88% at 02:22 to 66% at 09:18 and currently 87%, wind 0 to 16mph swinging ENE to NNW, pressure has dropped from 1007.1hPa at 00:22 to 997.5hPa at 20:25 currently 997.8hPa steady, there's been 4.8mm of rain today and cloud cover has remained 8/8 throughout.

Yesterday, on the other hand, stayed dry and sunny all day, which allowed the land rover assisted tidy up to be completed without any weather interruptions, and more importantly, without interruptions from angry agricultural types with their dungarees round their wellies as the removed pipes were indeed redundant. There was a surprising amount of 'urban' rubbish found in the field though, so I think there will be further such outings.

Clear up 1 (2).jpg

Clear up 2 (2).jpg

Clear up 3 (2).jpg

Edited by Puffy MacCloud
  • Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Is that one of the wee roads that goes out towards Waterfoot?