Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Autumn 2021 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper winter/Proper summer

Does anybody else hate “watery sunshine”? It’s my most despised weather especially in Autumn and winter with those watery rays almost horizontal and the ground blindingly gleaming. I’d much rather have a sunny dry day obviously but failing that just a plain old grey day would be my preference. Maybe it’s just me.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

Strange day here. Sun now out, 20c and breezy....could easily pass for an early summers day. Definitely not a late October feel at all!

Posted

Vile today. Heavy rain this morning and now 18.1C and 92% humidity but totally overcast. Although its warm, with such high humidity it isn't drying up and it most certainly isn't the weather to open any windows. I'm having to run the dehumidifier aswell as its approaching 70% inside so its still costing money.

Posted

These are typical conditions for November to January period and no wonder make UK citizens want yo escape for sunshine in the depths of winter. I can't think of any other part of the world that has to endure such conditions. We are in prime spot for moisture laden long fetch airstreams with associated low cloud. West Britain really does suffer!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
On 19/10/2021 at 13:07, damianslaw said:

These are typical conditions for November to January period and no wonder make UK citizens want yo escape for sunshine in the depths of winter. I can't think of any other part of the world that has to endure such conditions. We are in prime spot for moisture laden long fetch airstreams with associated low cloud. West Britain really does suffer!

Less so after Christmas though must be said. Winter 15-16 is a good if rather extreme example of this.

Tend to find winds veering more straight westerly or north of west in the most turbo charged Januaries. Or if a weaker Atlantic then a higher likelihood of winter blocking highs that are that bit harder to achieve in Nov-Dec.

Thanks goodness this weather isn’t that common in January. Imagine a winter month with an average high in double figures...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
21 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

Yes ,can't stand this southwesterly rubbish.  Mild ,damp,dull,humid rubbish.  It almost makes me feel nauseous. Give me a bright fresh day anyday over this muck.

• Like 3

Posted
12 minutes ago, sundog said:

Yes ,can't stand this southwesterly rubbish.  Mild ,damp,dull,humid rubbish.  It almost makes me feel nauseous. Give me a bright fresh day anyday over this muck.

Always think of late November and early December as the absolute worst time for such synoptics. It's the darkest time of the year indeed under such conditions it never gets light. All too often very mild and unseasonal. Fingers crossed we are having it now and it goes by then. We've been spared these conditions for much of 2021 unusually which is making their impact bow more greatly felt. Roll on the polar airstream!

• Like 4

Posted
1 hour ago, reef said:

Vile today. Heavy rain this morning and now 18.1C and 92% humidity but totally overcast. Although its warm, with such high humidity it isn't drying up and it most certainly isn't the weather to open any windows. I'm having to run the dehumidifier aswell as its approaching 70% inside so its still costing money.

Humidity 85% in here...I picked the wrong day to batchcook for Halloween. Dehumid appears to be doing nothing.

Love the strong breeze though and fingers crossed for a storm in the early hours.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

Deary dreary me

No good opportunities for a sunrise or sunset either, only thing that really keeps me going in Autumn is the Winter is coming and seeing the sun rise and set. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

I personally don't mind these current conditions too much for the time being. However, by early to mid November I would then like to see the back of south westerlies for a while.

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91

Posted

It always annoys me when the forecasters say at least it is mild or just focus on warm temps ignoring for west UK, long fetch SW winds bring the absolute worst conditions that don't brighten anyone's mood.

Posted
1 minute ago, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

I personally don't mind these current conditions too much for the time being. However, by early to mid November I would then like to see the back of south westerlies for a while.

Don't like them any time of year!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

By far the worst day of Autumn so far, totally unseasonal temp and humidity, so thankful it will be gone very soon. Autumn should be a season of change, fingers crossed this crap is not repeated again!

Posted
2 minutes ago, markyo said:

By far the worst day of Autumn so far, totally unseasonal temp and humidity, so thankful it will be gone very soon. Autumn should be a season of change, fingers crossed this crap is not repeated again!

I'm in mean moan today because these type of days get me down. Especially when it's the third day in a row. Look forward to Thursday and the sunshine. Need it now. This feels like the worse dark days of December. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Today's temps here have been no different to the rest of Octobers , not the warmest day either. Not really bothered about the conditions, it's just an added bonus to delay any heating being put on.

Posted
27 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Today's temps here have been no different to the rest of Octobers

Seriously!! No idea how you can say that. Been working quite a few times this October in your area, nothing comes close to this.

Edited by markyo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
On 19/10/2021 at 17:26, markyo said:

Seriously!! No idea how you can say that. Been working quite a few times this October in your area, nothing comes close to this.

Because I have stats recorded to prove it?!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

This evening certainly feels bleak. 

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Max temp today 18.8°C 

2053228557_Screenshot_20211019-173648_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.d62014ccb024694dfbaa1dc6cc8f1622.jpg

By no means exceptional.

No date records. Would be good to know date records suspect most days in late October have hit 21 degrees . We do have warm SST's over the Atlantic helped by much hurricane activity.. a factor in why we've not had many deep depressions or especially windy spells so far this autumn which tend to occur on the boundary of sharp temp gradients. The Atlantic throughout is anomanously warm..

Edited by damianslaw

Posted
5 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Max temp today 18.8°C 

2053228557_Screenshot_20211019-173648_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.d62014ccb024694dfbaa1dc6cc8f1622.jpg

So 12 days out of 19 have been cooler then? And those stats show no humidity values.

Edited by markyo
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
3 minutes ago, markyo said:

So 12 days out of 19 have been cooler then? And those stats show no humidity values.

Now you're shifting the goalposts. The original post said (that you took exception to) said that today hasn't been the warmest day of the month, and there was no mention at all of humidity so I'm not sure where that's come from?

When you're in a hole, stop digging!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

On the plus side, I quite comfortably went to the gym in shorts and training vest, and on leaving the gym (which is still in summer air con mode), it felt like a muggy summer evening when out of the wind...

Shame it's just so dark now. Here, we tend to miss any horrific rainfall amounts that the NW get, and any hints of brightness the SE get, so just get landed with cloudy.

Looking forward to perhaps an exciting day weatherwise tomorrow then the first proper chill come Thursday with some sunshine.

• Like 1