Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather discussion

Paul

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Glad your on the mend Norrance, Lovely views!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie

Cracking thunderstorm Thursday evening with torrential rain. The chickens looked most perplexed as the thunder rumbled overhead. End of term today

0630tseastlothi.png

• Like 7

Posted

Stonking shower just rolled through

• Like 1

Posted

Watched the showers building to the SW over the Cairngorms as I ate my sandwich on Oxen Craig (highest of Bennachie's summits) before making a hasty retreat home. 

Just in time - hefty shower rolling through now. 

IMG_20220701_144541_373.jpg

• Like 7

Posted

As above, some hefty showers going round but so far just a sprinkle of rain here (though there was again some heavy rain overnight).

Currently 15c but feeling warmer than that when the sun is out; light winds.

View of the showers developing mid morning.

ffgh.thumb.jpg.967b23236c467851e399178acda3e1d5.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

I had thought that the showers a couple of days ago were torrential but they did not compare with this afternoons deluge. I can't remember seeing larger raindrops just as the shower ended. Currently 15C.

F50F8B56-0D70-45FB-BF2F-32A29E3BBC55.jpeg

E61F234E-87ED-4D10-8D03-72282ACE2B52.jpeg

• Like 8

Posted

Puffy - you're living up to your name! Keep going lad.

Tweed looking more like a river today, rather than an exposed gravel bed - that's my simple news.

PXL_20220701_135218396.jpg

And for the moth enthusiasts:

PXL_20220701_134531442.jpg

4659541972_11e73abba5_o%20%281%29.jpg
BUTTERFLY-CONSERVATION.ORG

This species is so named due to the colour of the hindwings and the markings on the forewings which make it unmistakeable.  There is little variation although on rare...

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Thunder, lightning and monsoon rain in Jedburgh this afternoon. Thought the car was going to float away on the way home.

Puffy hopefully they'll all sod off and leave you in peace for a bit now. Tell them if you want any exercise then you can read a heavy book, it works for me.

Edited by mardatha
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
1 hour ago, SW Saltire said:

How many days has that been since the start of your covid symptoms? A momentum killer exercise wise for sure.

Yesterday I decided to take on Helvellyn. Perhaps a bit foolish but quite a gradual climb actually, the ridges were good fun. I know it’s England but posting the pics.

Feels nice that my lungs are normal. 

My symptoms started on 30th May. Just that nagging dry cough left now.

• Like 4

Posted

First day of the school holidays and predictably the weather is wet.  Very wet in fact as its been raining all morning.  14c and calm conditions.

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, Quinach said:

First day of the school holidays and predictably the weather is wet.  Very wet in fact as its been raining all morning.  14c and calm conditions.

Thats just what Mrs Northenlights kept telling me would happen when I complained the dry winds that were stopping the neeps growing.

However we cut hay hay on the forecast for next week yesterday so summer should return. In the meantime its raining pennies for those of us farming and just in the nick of time to fill the grain. Curretly 15c here

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

Keep on puffing @Puffy MacCloud still making me laugh. 

We've been to Stirling on a last minute t-shirt buying quest before we set off for Orkney next weekend. I'm very, very excited.

Not a bad day weather wise bit of everything, sun, cloud, rain and breeze. 

Got a nice picture on my way to the train station yesterday 

DSC_0525.JPG

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Orkney sounds lovely snowidea,  I'd love to visit it -  have a nice wee break. All my life I wanted to see Shetland but snot gonny happen now.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winter/warm dry summer

Not posted for a while as tend to be a winter weather lurker and enthusiast. But heading home to Nairn for a two week holiday mid July and I believe the long term signals are encouraging for dry and warm settled weather - hope so anyway. 

Just had a walk along the river Dee here at Peterculter and it’s noticeable that the showers of the last few days have upped the water levels significantly. Last weekend I had never seen the river so low with banks of shingle and rocks showing that I had never seen before.

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,high winds, thunderstorms, extreme weather

Well we did much need the rain and Friday dropped 0.86 of an inch in old money which makes it the wettest day since the thunderstorms of 21ST July last year, unfortunately it hasn’t really stopped raining since…..

• Like 9

Posted

Quite blustery today but only a few very light showers made it across to here. A few bright intervals with a max temp of 18.4C. Currently 15.0C

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

This morning my temperature is 38.8⁰C, which is somewhat more than the low teens outside.

("low teens" is a reference to temperature and not a comment on small Paisley folk between 13 and 19 years of age.)

Edited by Puffy MacCloud
Just to be clear.
  • Like 2

Posted

Cool start to the day at 8c with some low cloud and drizzle.See it was 3c on top of Cairngorm last night so even cool up there for the  time of year.  Cloud is now breaking and blue sky appearing, there is hope for the hay yet.

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Orkney is a great place @snowidea, you'll maybe not want to go home! Up here we're still lighting fires and I caved in yesterday morning and put the heating on for an hour as it was so damp and dreich. Got the oil tank filled last week, took less than I expected so I've made a bit of a saving there. On the other hand I also got a new boiler installed and have just had the bill for that! EEEK! Might need to sell the family silver! Sun's just come out so depending on the midge count I may well spend some time in the garden today. Glutton for punishment me.

Edited by mistyqueen
  • Like 5

Posted

Sunnyish nice day here but a wee bit on the cool side. Got the garden finished, it's so neat it looks like a hotel Am in love with this rose.

BESTROSE.jpg

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Cloudy cool and windy here, not exactly summer weather and i do fear that the rest of summer could go the same way before the steady decline into winter, it would just be sods law that we get a long very cold winter to coincide with the mega high cost of heating oil etc..

Have managed to convince Mrs Snaw that moving to the coast is a bad idea and that a bit further inland will be better for warmer temperatures in the summers months as no sea breeze inland.. haven't told her about the colder winter weather.... now just to find a property in what is already a very very busy rental market..

@Puffy MacCloud hope you get good news for your possible release from NHS jail...

Edited by Mair Snaw
  • Like 4