Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather discussion

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.
10 hours ago, Snowandrocks said:

Hopefully get some rain soon but it's not looking promising. 

IMG_20220720_150300.jpg

As one fish said to the other.

(could there possibly be a better drought photo?)

• Like 3

Posted

Sun's out and it's 21c but also very humid 

Some bad news in nature here we have  almost   no   butterfies on the buddlias Too dry recently?

However 4 pairs of swifts returned to farmhouse eaves in late May and we now have 28 swifts screaming in the skies above the house most evenings a most evocative  high summer sound.

Old black cat turned up this morning to come into house after a week long walkabout He can really smell rain coming.

• Like 9

Posted

Is that drizzle here to mark the day,

Or veil of moor mist toned in grey,

Neither make me overjoyed,

Nurse! Get another opioid....

(actually, my painkiller is actually an opiate, coming as it does from a natural source, but that didn't fit. Try not to let this ruin ma pome for yous)

Also have  slight breeze, overcast and temperature in the mid to upper teens.

• Like 8

Posted

Been mostly cloudy with some rain it's not a cold cloudy 😉 So humid and watching that rain over in Ireland looks tasty

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sun, storms & ‘Oh no can’t go into work - snowed in’ days
6 hours ago, Northernlights said:

Sun's out and it's 21c but also very humid 

Some bad news in nature here we have  almost   no   butterfies on the buddlias Too dry recently?

However 4 pairs of swifts returned to farmhouse eaves in late May and we now have 28 swifts screaming in the skies above the house most evenings a most evocative  high summer sound.

Old black cat turned up this morning to come into house after a week long walkabout He can really smell rain coming.

I’ve noticed butterflies are very low in numbers in our area too. Plenty of swifts, but not so many swallows this year.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Been out and about last night and today. Callander, Lochearnhead, Killin, Aberfeldy and back down to Glasgow. Bucketed with rain periodically, actually found it quite nice although it prevented any nice views of the mountains.

Just heard too cracks of thunder in Glasgow and have heard some torrential rain is headed our way?

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Just checked radar. Looks like it’s just missing us. South West highlands have had some drenching today though (Od guess even for their standards).

• Like 2

Posted
CONVECTIVEWEATHER.CO.UK

Forecasting thunderstorms and severe convective weather across the British Isles and Ireland for up to the next 5 days.

Moderate and severe forecast from convective weather and a meto weather warning for the rain into the west. Interesting... 😀

Edited by Ross B
  • Like 6

Posted

Lovely day.

Hit a max of 22.6c; now 22.1c.

Some much needed heavy rain overnight and a few light showers flirting the area today.

Stiff SW wind helping keep away the horse flies and midgies, and as its a warm wind not feeling unpleasant at all.

66i.thumb.jpg.e88f11cd57625095ab885823a1907c39.jpg

66u.thumb.jpg.108f28f012156d6cd35c7c672a8bf5fe.jpg

66y.thumb.jpg.6a5f0685b3c1181d13e86e96c1e34a2c.jpg

• Like 6

Posted

Airport is showing 24c now and it feels at times! Bit of a breeze and the occasional brief shower taking the edge off an otherwise decent day!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

A warm day in the sun, windy with it.. now clouding over and the BBC has me down for 7 hours of thunder tonight, im not buying it..

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Friday I climbed Ben Lui (and another munro beside it), despite the recent dry weather it was a swamp in points.

Saturday was a washout down here and today hasn’t been a lot better. About 30mm in the last 36-48 hours which was much needed.

05CE48A3-BB44-49E1-93F3-7E5F2172F51E.jpeg

A873A988-9EE0-445E-910A-D9ADC80D1207.jpeg

53FB8A9E-1537-4191-BA81-4F8024293834.jpeg

084CD6B1-9F11-4B58-8A54-9BE58FF8F332.jpeg

A5CC6749-DECD-4C47-A64A-B35EE52CC9DA.jpeg

F9D8D648-73B8-45FA-B9FF-27F83271DE8F.jpeg

Edited by SW Saltire
  • Like 7

Posted

As soon as I pulled a beer from the fridge the weather went to dung! Absolutely pishing down 🤬

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Been cloudy but mostly dry here since last nights rain. A bit sticky but not as warm as elsewhere at 19.9C perhaps due a slightly South Easterly element to the breeze. My daughter tells me that she drove through an intense downpour near Perth on her way back from Edinburgh this afternoon. Also said that it was warmer and stickier in Edinburgh.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and....a bit more snow

Some horrendous weather in Loch Lomond area last night!

Torrential rain today.

Can’t see us suffering a water shortage at this rate.

WWW.HELENSBURGHADVERTISER.CO.UK

Helensburgh Advertiser - first for news, sport, weather, travel, events and more across Helensburgh in Scotland.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Plenty rain the last 24 hours.  Also it's quite warm again (for now) so not grumbling just yet.

We'll be lifting early potatoes very soon.  Been eating dwarf runners and runners and broad beans for a while now. Blackcurrants and gooseberries coming out of our ears. Enough kale to repaper the kitchen.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Almost 4 hours in to the thunder and lightning i was told i would be getting by the BBC and not a bit of it.. a few half hearted showers but nothing loud or flashy...

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
24 minutes ago, Mair Snaw said:

Almost 4 hours in to the thunder and lightning i was told i would be getting by the BBC and not a bit of it.. a few half hearted showers but nothing loud or flashy...

We get the same forecast thunder. All dog biscuits.

• Like 3

Posted

Didn't sleep last night so spent the entire morning making g up for what I'd missed. Therefore no idea what the weather was like this morning. Bright overcast this afternoon and evening let plenty of heat through, it's still high teens now, with little breeze but enough rain to cause flooding on the surrounding roads, apparently. 

• Like 8

Posted

Great to be able to breathe this morning much fresher at 13c. Rain most of the night as well.Still a bit of drizzle falling.  Sister about to visit trust her to come on the wettest day we have had for months.

• Like 8

Posted

Skies have brightened up and few light showers coming in on a  very cool fresh NNW wind .Four  months from now they would be of a wintry nature and even today.  20220725_135933.thumb.jpg.8562d69194025e8e66e9fe0128c839ec.jpg I see Cairngorm summit is down to 4c

• Like 9