Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather discussion

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
57 minutes ago, Ravelin said:

Big blob descending on you. Seems to have broken up further west so we've only had a dusting this evening. Lots of shower activity to the north though so no 8dea wht well look like in the morning. Lots of Aberdeenshire schools have already taken the decision not to open tomorrow, citing current road conditions and overnight forecast. 

Have councils all decided to grit less? Certainly seems that here, the small local roads (schemes for example) seem now to get gritted every few days. And our pavement gritter is AWOL. 

• Like 6

Posted
5 minutes ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

I'm guessing the warning will be issued some point tomorrow for Friday 

UKMO HD 

animyak6.gifukmohd-uk1-45-66-0.png 

Be a happy 41st IF I see a nice dump here on friday for sure

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
8 minutes ago, Sceptical said:

Fair bit of fresh snow last night. Folks in Westhill will wake to picture postcard scenes. 2-3 inches of fresh snow in Aberdeen.

Grabbed this pic at Starbucks Westhill temperature -4c light snow.

Not a good day for the Aberdeenshire Council school closures website to be throwing an error. Alford Academy are closed so son at home, waiting to hear if Westhill Academy will do the same. 

Definitely a new covering on our driveway waiting to be cleared. Currently -2.1C which is pretty much the overnight low. 

• Like 5

Posted
21 minutes ago, Ravelin said:

Not a good day for the Aberdeenshire Council school closures website to be throwing an error. Alford Academy are closed so son at home, waiting to hear if Westhill Academy will do the same. 

Definitely a new covering on our driveway waiting to be cleared. Currently -2.1C which is pretty much the overnight low. 

The gritters were ploughing snow this morning, but they seemed to be leaving almost as much as they were clearing 🤔 

No grit or salt was being spread so assume more snow incoming or, the councils are broke. 😃

Edited by Sceptical
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW
6 hours ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

I'm guessing the warning will be issued some point tomorrow for Friday 

UKMO HD 

animyak6.gifukmohd-uk1-45-66-0.png 

I will accept this... but only because I've seen naff all so far this cold spell other than frost and ice....❄❄❄

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Having just cleared driveway yeat again I'd say up to 5cm of light, powdery snow overnight. Wind more noticeable too so this latest stuff likely to drift, but the earlier wet and refrozen into concrete stuff underneath certainly won't. 

School closed so working from home today... paperwork.... Oh joy. 

• Like 9

Posted

-9c again overnight! Let's see what Friday brings! The Met Office automated, changes every 5 mins forecast, currently says rain!! The texty outlooky bit mentions snow potential! 

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 7
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

No snow here, just a graupel shower. That on top of the black ice on my driveway could make for some interesting driving! Currently 0.8c with lots of very heavy cloud away to the north east. We shall see what today brings, not so much as a delivery of the white stuff, but a delivery of the black stuff! Anyone seen the coalman? 👀🔥

• Like 8

Posted

Me and the boy actually put jackets on this morning! Daughter drove to school only to be turned away as the heating is goosed.

Overnight Low.

Could contain: Monitor, Screen, Hardware, Electronics, Computer Hardware

Car Temp this morning.

Could contain: Car, Vehicle, Transportation, Gauge, Car - Interior

Car Temp this morning in work car park in Monkton. A stone's throw from the beach. Mental!

Could contain: Car, Vehicle, Transportation, Gauge

Edited by Kayemill
  • Like 9

Posted
2 hours ago, mardatha said:

Kirkcaldy weather that snow will miss me according to that chart 😞 Our lying snow has frozen into cement ruts and the gritter ony appeared yesterday for the first time so we haven't been out at all. Son was sent home from work as it was -16 at Stobo, he took this pic-

Could contain: Scenery, Nature, Outdoors, Tree, Fir, Sky, Vegetation, Woodland, Weather, Snow

At least you have snow unlike myself , Kirkcaldy weather and a few others on here.

• Like 2