Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather discussion

Paul

Posted

Uneventful day really (a miracle)! Started sunny clouded in but most importantly no rain. Looks like a colder drier week coming up

• Like 8

Posted

On the way home after a couple of days visiting family in Lancashire. Weather was dire, glad we weren’t planning anything outdoors! By contrast pleasant day to be driving home!

• Like 8

Posted

I probably shouldn't post this as it'll mess it up.... But the precip out west seems further north than expected?  A surprise snowfall/sleet fest possible further north than the warning area? (compared to UKV🤧

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Just had the teensiest fall of snaw, unfortunately it didnae last or lie. Not much gaunae happen here snaw wis over the next coupla days but I do look forward to seeing some epic SNAW pics! Currently 1.1c and cloudy with it. 

• Like 9

Posted
2 hours ago, Ross B said:

I probably shouldn't post this as it'll mess it up.... But the precip out west seems further north than expected?  A surprise snowfall/sleet fest possible further north than the warning area? (compared to UKV🤧

I wasn't mad.. Glasgow has just been added to the warning. Now to see whether it's cold rain or snow.... 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Posted
55 minutes ago, Ross B said:

I wasn't mad.. Glasgow has just been added to the warning. Now to see whether it's cold rain or snow.... 

It hasn't been added to the warning...the snow warning mentions Strathclyde the met office map shows snow affecting some of the islands of Strathclyde... unfortunately. Or have I got it wrong..

• Like 2

Posted
10 minutes ago, jellybaby1969 said:

It hasn't been added to the warning...the snow warning mentions Strathclyde the met office map shows snow affecting some of the islands of Strathclyde... unfortunately. Or have I got it wrong..

Sorry should've clarified its the ice warning, which mentions snow accumulations of 2-5cm possible above 100m with chance of snow to lower levels. 

h_lnxvxlqrdqb2kyrixw3lmmul7n-abrzjuzyvzd
WWW.METOFFICE.GOV.UK

Met Office UK weather warnings for rain, snow, wind, fog and ice. Choose your location to keep up to date with local weather warnings.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, jellybaby1969 said:

Separate ice warning for ice after showers which also includes mention of a few cms of snow that has been extended north. 

Not much of anything falling here.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Ross B said:

Not mad at all. The wee blob of ppn on UKV that looked like it might hit here around 10pm is further north too....heading right for that snow magnet @Mair Snaw 🤣😂 

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Snowman, Nature, Outdoors, Winter, SeaCould contain: Plot, Chart, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Vegetation, Plant, Rainforest, Tree, Outdoors

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 7

Posted
4 hours ago, Ross B said:

Yeah agreed 👍🏻 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

I had to pop out to the bins just then - a nice dusting on top of frozen slush. Yikes for tomorrow. Just on 1C now.

(The blue bin had more snow on than the green one - what's that about? 🤣)

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Just thrown the dog out for a last pee before bed and it's snowing lightly with a dusting lying. Temp currently -0.8C, having dropped sub-zero about 7pm.

Currently I'm pinning my hopes on Wed. XC weather, so GFS, has consistently shown something around then, although varying run by run. Will likely be toned down or dissappear entirely as Wed approaches, especially now I've mention it here. 

Could contain: Text

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Nowt here...cold though and the dog didn't want to stay out too long before bed..

• Like 5