Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather discussion

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

No more here, just lovely cold bright sun. I've turned the heating up and am pretending it's summer in Provence.

Edited by mardatha
  • Like 7
  • Insightful 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, Kayemill said:

Loving the photos and can’t wait for more to come. No snow here at the house but a wee bit up at Whitelee. -6.4 the low overnight. Some pics from a few days ago. 
Could contain: Spoke, Car, Vehicle, Alloy Wheel, Wheel, Tire, Dog, Adventure, Road, Offroad

6459875D-5645-42DB-8A25-81DEE3777424.thumb.jpeg.c2847989a564e09ae2d94e5ee60321aa.jpeg

Nice pics.. unfortunately can't take my dogs up to whitlee..as one of the totally freaks out at the site of the wind farm

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie

The UKV's progression of the snow and strong winds later today. 

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Vegetation, Plant, Outdoors, Nature, Map

• Like 8

Posted

Been a couple of lovely sparkly winter days with plenty of sunshine.

Overnight low of -3.2c and currently -1.0c.

Just the merest dusting of snow on the ground from a shower on Sunday evening as evidenced below, surviving only in shaded areas as the sun yesterday was strong enough to melt it in exposed areas.

Do notice in the greenhouse now a increase in sun strength as inside there it got up to a very pleasant 14c yesterday.

Waiting game to see if anything comes of the precipitation this evening, the Met App implies it changing to rain as the evening/night progresses implying we're in that infamous marginal boundary at 100m height.

Could contain: Weather, Nature, Outdoors, Ice, Vegetation, Frost, Snow, Grass, Hail, Fungus

• Like 7

Posted
35 minutes ago, jellybaby1969 said:

Nice pics.. unfortunately can't take my dogs up to whitlee..as one of the totally freaks out at the site of the wind farm

I just go up to the south side to the north of Darvel. You’re not really in the wind farm and only see them from a distance. There’s a cool waterfall too. 

Sorry it’s a screenshot of my Lock Screen. 
Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Water, Stream, Scenery, Rock, Waterfall, Vegetation, Plant, Landscape

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Woke up to a good covering of snow this morning in Newburgh (Aberdeenshire).  Not sure if the amber warning for the area will come to fruition for me tonight.......There is always hope 🙂 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
1 hour ago, Mair Snaw said:

Im suprised the Inverness folk haven't been on with plenty of pictures of the snaw because according to the radar its pelting it down in that area.. 

The radar never lies 🤥

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Apparently im set for an afternoon of snaw so says my weather app thing on my mobile. I can only assume that its that large area of precipitation currently moving down from Inverness.. my app obviously has no idea that the mountains will soak it all up and i will get nothing.

• Like 6