Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather discussion

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,high winds, thunderstorms, extreme weather

Cold but bright here, a few hail/sleety showers pushing through on a distinctly biting NE wind. Ground very wet and pond is overflowing but we have frogspawn for the first time since I dug the pond out last winter.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
5 hours ago, dryfie said:

As usual, it's a lovely mild day in Cambuslang.   pssst - the sensor should be outside, not in.

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram, White Board

Must be a posh house too, as nobody else can afford to heat thier house to that temperature, not these days anyway. 

High of 5.7C today, currently 4.3C, been dry but not exactly sunny. Might see the odd flurry of snow tomorrow but not expecting it to come to much. Anyway, wanting it to warm up now, especially with Easter hols approaching. Also got some tomato, cucumber, courgette and chilli seeds sown this morning, but in a propagator indoors and on a heat mat. 

Edited by Ravelin
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Shocker of a day today i’m told, rained since midday. 
I was up near Bathgate and at least it was dry but pretty chilly in the wind.

As I return home, Lots of flooding down here. Before today’s rain we were at 133mm for the month (20mm above the historical average - SEPA). Tuesday and Wednesday look pretty bleak…

• Like 2

Posted

Same here now. 2.2°C and so disgusting. 

• Like 3

Posted

4c start to the day with an overcast morning after another wet night.  Afternoon  brightened up with  some  blue sky but also a few wintry showers to the NE in the late afternoon. Maximum temperature of 8c. Desperate for a dry spell to start  sowing spring barley but ground is saturated. Saw a few fields this afternoon where tractors have tried to cross but sunk.

• Like 6

Posted
4 hours ago, Halfamilefromnowhere said:

Cold but bright here, a few hail/sleety showers pushing through on a distinctly biting NE wind. Ground very wet and pond is overflowing but we have frogspawn for the first time since I dug the pond out last winter.

I hired in a slew digger during the dry spell in February and dug a decent sized pond out along with some other drainage work - just had some final tidying up to do when we ended up with that dump of snow. Still waiting for the ground to even dry out slightly to get the digger back but not looking very promising! It's like a swamp at the moment. 

Also spotted some frog spawn in a ditch si hopefully next year they might be in my pond. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: windy
4 hours ago, Ravelin said:

Must be a posh house too, as nobody else can afford to heat thier house to that temperature, not these days anyway. 

High of 5.7C today, currently 4.3C, been dry but not exactly sunny. Might see the odd flurry of snow tomorrow but not expecting it to come to much. Anyway, wanting it to warm up now, especially with Easter hols approaching. Also got some tomato, cucumber, courgette and chilli seeds sown this morning, but in a propagator indoors and on a heat mat. 

Mines is generally in the 21 - 24C range with minimal heating. With an outside temp of 10C it never goes much below 18C indoors.

Quite rainy today, in fact it's the longest period of rain I can remember this year so far.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

0.9C and currently snowing, with a decent dusting from this shower and what must have been earlier ones as there was some lying when I first looked out. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Wow - we havent had anything like the bad weather you're all getting. This morning the BBC says drizzle and overcast - oot the windae says bright sun, blue sky and fluffy wee white clouds.

Breaking News - husband  got Puffy's weather station up and running so I'll be able to tell you the temp soon. Erm. When I learn where to find it 😎

• Like 9

Posted

Fine winters morning with some blue skies, a fresh NNE wind and small snow  showers round the Firth . Currently 2c . Wintering sheep came charging up the field for their neeps this morning. Cows and calves have been in for the last week all the time  as all fields are so wet. 

I actually like the arctic colours in the sky in the spring.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Up at 5am to a dusting ish of snaw.. a few very heavy snaw showers today so far.. everytime its threatens to settle it stops.. currenlty heavy snaw falling. ❄❄.

Heating in this house is set at 17c.. occasionally i treat the family to 18c and on oil delivery day its 19c..😂😂.

Log delivery day today and just in the nick of time as im down to my last nights worth..

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw, Snaw and mair Snaw

Funny old thing the weather...we have a wintry shower of hail.

Air temp +8.5deg/C

Ground temp +8.0 deg/C

Cloud temp -5.3deg/C

The Beeb and Met are showing double digits from Wednesady onwards with no night frosts...spring has sprung, it may turn out rather nice if the wind is light.

• Like 3

Posted

Few light snow / graupel flurries here now. Felt nice enough in the sun earlier so winter can do one after this 🤣

• Like 4

Posted
1 hour ago, 101_North said:

Few light snow / graupel flurries here now. Felt nice enough in the sun earlier so winter can do one after this 🤣

Still April to get through, which in Scotland can swing from summer to winter in 24 hours, watch out for the sudden spring switcharounds northerlies to southerlies and vice versa.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Log store full again...a few more heavy snaw showers this afternoon but seems to be clearing up now. A cold night to come for sure and the gritters have been out..

Could contain: Wood, Lumber, Plywood

Could contain: Lumber, Wood, Plywood

• Like 7

Posted

Light snow shower every so often.Very cold wind at 3c from early afternoon Could contain: Ground, Soil, Land, Nature, Outdoors

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Was minus 2 this morning birdbath solid but sun now oot.

• Like 2