Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather discussion

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
10 minutes ago, dryfie said:

Not heard of it.  Is it near Findochty?

I've heard of it, but I don't know where it is, other than that it's in Suffolk, somewhere! 😁

• Like 1

Posted
53 minutes ago, Northernlights said:

Just like sombody flicked a switch on Monday with ground going from raw and damp to dry and dusty on the surface.   Tractors moving  everywhere  aniousto catch up. Amazing what you can get done in a few days if weather suitable. Grass starting to grow with cows getting out every day and big smiles on their faces. Fairly breezy today a bit overcast  but mild at 13c just now. No wellies needed its great.

Things were lovely and drying up nicely here last night but there must have been a reasonable amount of rain overnight which has set things back a bit. Been warm, dry with some decent sunny spells this afternoon though which is certainly helping. 

Again quite a bit of rain forecast overnight but I think we should be right on the edge of it so fingers crossed! One more dry day should see my groundworks finished... 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!
14 hours ago, Methuselah said:

I've heard of it, but I don't know where it is, other than that it's in Suffolk, somewhere! 😁

It's a lovely posh sounding name for a village, I like it 🙂

• Like 1

Posted

A tad breezy but compared to yesterday much better (that wouldn't be hard)! fairly pleasent

• Like 2

Posted

Damp overnight buts dried up enough to start sowing. Coll NW wind and dull.    Currently 9c

• Like 3

Posted
3 hours ago, Northernlights said:

Damp overnight buts dried up enough to start sowing. Coll NW wind and dull.    Currently 9c

Lucky you! We had pretty persistent rain for much of the night right through until early afternoon. A good wind blowing now along with some sunshine so hopefully things might be ok by tomorrow. 

• Like 1

Posted
7 hours ago, Northernlights said:

AS I get older never fail to be impressed with the speed of modern machinery what used to take 2 weeks fifty years ago now takes two days 50% of crop in ground today.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
On 04/04/2023 at 09:59, snowidea said:

We're currently down in Snowdonia, stomped up Yr Wyddfa (Snowdon) yesterday, left really early to avoid the hoards but it was still far busier than most Scottish hills and nigh on impossible to find a private place for an emergency wee. Had to brazen it out behind a boulder that could only be seen by half of Wales as opposed to all of it. Snowdonia is nice, but so far seems less wild than Scotland (so not as good) and obviously not as big. Warmer too as no snow to be seen on any of the hills. 

Could contain: Outdoors, Grass, Plant, Nature, Sky, Countryside, Architecture, Building, Housing

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Wilderness, Lake, Water, Scenery, Mountain, Mountain Range, Peak, Aerial View

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Wilderness, Slope, Lake, Water, Scenery, Rock, Aerial View, Vegetation

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Lake, Water, Wilderness, Rock, Mountain, Hole, Scenery

Absolutely, And one reason I stopped going after years of mountaineering there, it's just not the same especially since Covid. At least in the Highlands I know places where to realy get away from it all. Even so, most these places that used to be remote seem to be not the same and multimedia has driven folk there for photos and selfies/likes. Glad I've been about and experienced places beforehand. Theres still a few wild places left the best being the Rough Bounds.. I would call it the last wilderness in the UK. takes some effort though over 2/3 days heavy walking but highly worth it.. No phone signal, no paths and untouched it realy is a special place for now at least.. Have lived in Strontian at a young age and still visit from time to time glad it's off the NC500..

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Posted

0c start to dsy with extensive frost but clear blue skies .Sower going just after 7.00am

• Like 2

Posted

Few fair weather clouds building up but another super afternoon Looks like a mostly OK weekend before back to status quo by monday

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter Sun in summer

First glimpse of the sun today in  Aberdeen on what has been a day of cloud a cool breeze and the odd spit of rain, the cloud no doubt rolling back in off the sea soon 9.6c feels more like 5 or 6, 20mins later normal service resumed(permagloom) 

Edited by drm
  • Like 4

Posted

-1 this morning, just as forecast for these parts, and has climbed rapidly to +14 with only light winds.  We seem to be on dividing line, with clear sky to the west and well broken and lifted haar (?) to east.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Same as above. Low of -1.2c and now sitting at 14.2c

Gorgeous day, blue skies all day 

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Countryside, Farm, Field, Pasture, Rural, Grass, Sky, Person

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Posted

What a beautiful afternoon! Only 12c but out in the sun it feels lovely! First Friday afternoon beer in the garden of 2023. Lovely stuff 🍻

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Lovely day here too after an early frost and a max of just under 13C. Cloud/haar has moved in this evening with a cool NE breeze. Saw a nice pic of Ben Lawers from this morning though snow amounts are more like mid May than early April.

Could contain: Ground, Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Grass, Plant

Edited by Norrance
  • Like 8

Posted

Decent frost first thing with white grass and an even whiter car windscreen.

The sunshine made short work of it though to leave a stunning day of sunshine for the kids long promised trip to Edinburgh Zoo - perfect visiting weather as not too hot or cold (max around 11c) with light winds.  Zoo packed out and car park full by 10:30am.

Pentland Hills looking rather nice from Corstorphine Hill...

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Vegetation, Tree, Cloud, Scenery, Horizon, Landscape, Azure Sky

Could contain: Animal, Zoo, Nature, Outdoors, Scenery, Plant, Tree, Giraffe, Mammal, Wildlife

Sorry Panda's, the kids vote for the best zoo animal went to this pair...

Could contain: Animal, Bear, Mammal, Wildlife, Monkey, Koala

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Agreed that yesterday afternoon was lovely, just what I’d been hoping for in the past few weeks.

Was thinking we should have a name for the first day of the year in Scotland where you can feel the warmth of the sun on your skin.

• Like 3

Posted

As above fine  day to Dutch hoe a few weeds in garden.

Also a good evening for rolling once the strong winds of the afternoon abated.Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Machine, Wheel, Soil, Tractor, Transportation, Vehicle

• Like 6

Posted

After yesterday's sunfest, today it was harrfest.  Grey and murky all day bar a brief period around 1pm when the sun managed to pierce the grey shield.

The harr blown in on a brisk wind making things feel distinctly chilly.

• Like 5