Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE, London & EA - Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms
1 hour ago, Dami said:

It's raining a little in Bedford. And it feels like march. 

If the sun comes out and if you can find somewhere completely enclosed, then it's quite pleasant...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
2 minutes ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

If the sun comes out and if you can find somewhere completely enclosed, then it's quite pleasant...

Big clearance, of medium-level cloud, coming up from the sarf; North Sea clag dissipating!:drunk-emoji:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Poor forecast from the Beeb for today for my locale...so much for the cloud and showers this afternoon - WRONG! I wonder if they'll get tomorrow equally as bad?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Currently 19c and sunny here, although quite breezy.

Posted
28 minutes ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

A greenhouse would be best lol ...N to N Easterly huh...beg for it all winter abeit a proper one ..but it has kicked off over n France  so fingers crossed  but elevated of course ..but I've a  strong east north easterly here its scattered the bunting in places ..I think that might put the wind up them lol 

Screenshot_20220604-140438_Chrome.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle
Just now, TN9 said:

A greenhouse would be best lol ...N to N Easterly huh...beg for it all winter abeit a proper one ..but it has kicked off over n France  so fingers crossed  but elevated of course ..but I've a  strong east north easterly here its scattered the bunting in places ..I think that might put the wind up them lol 

Screenshot_20220604-140438_Chrome.jpg

Likely elevated, I'm starting to get excited, at least 1 round of Storms in my opinion, as long as nothing Surface Based forms around it.

• Like 2

Posted

It is so windy- ridiculously so here.

Genuine question; can any storms even form in this kind of wind?

Posted
2 minutes ago, lottiekent said:

It is so windy- ridiculously so here.

Genuine question; can any storms even form in this kind of wind?

If anything this aids Storms. There's very little evidence that Storms are torn apart by wind. This seems to be high shear like wind, strengthening with height,.this type of steep wind aids pushing Storms up to a great height which elongates the Storms life and gives the ability for frequent lightning.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Feeling pretty humid now, feels ripe for storms later, at least here it does.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Actually had a fair bit of rain here in the end, well done alexa the only place it said i was getting any rain.

• Like 1

Hi peeps

Hope you are all well. A lovely afternoon here in Walthamstow NE London. Quite breezy but it’s been warm, just some high cloud beginning to approach from the south now. It’s another interesting evening of radar watching.  There are quite a bit of storms showing over in northern France at the moment. The latest lightening radar is showing some frequent lightening echoes. Things could once again get quite exciting later this evening and tonight and this will be No 2 after the last storms some had 2 weeks ago coming up from the same direction,

I hope they reach here once darkness sets in, let’s see what develops in the next few hours. 

regards

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Just got stuck under one of those showers to west London 

Very very Localised you can see the edge of the showers...

Pouring here mate 0.5 miles down road dry 

20220604_171801.thumb.jpg.d34ea4418a0ec2e67195e41468b2b0e5.jpg

Hi Surrey 

I saw this small feature on the radar West of London, and did think this was a small home grown shower . All eyes on what’s coming out of France for later

Posted

Kicking off nicely over northern France now, fingers crossed they manage to jump the channel!

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, lottiekent said:

Kicking off nicely over northern France now, fingers crossed they manage to jump the channel!

Maybe one of them might and then after that it's up to the homegrown stuff.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Doesn't feel stormy at all today, it's rather chilly in that strong wind! Perhaps the humidity is higher up?

A2A5386A-A0DF-4BEF-ADD1-B335B033E535.thumb.png.eb79e3dccdb20e5bb768c45c1d978843.png

The latest rain radar also shows nicely that thundery weather over northern France. Now I am wondering maybe that lot may get here before darkness I hope not. Lightening is so much better displayed once it’s fallen dark 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather
4 hours ago, Froze were the Days said:

Poor forecast from the Beeb for today for my locale...so much for the cloud and showers this afternoon - WRONG! I wonder if they'll get tomorrow equally as bad?

I reckon you should do all the forecasts, your the best and quickest to call them out when they are wrong

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
40 minutes ago, jasonuk said:

I reckon you should do all the forecasts, your the best and quickest to call them out when they are wrong

Rightly so - looked like one of those forecasts from a few days out that would be 'dodgy' though...higher pressure to the north with a weak trough to the south but I saw 2 Beeb forecasts yesterday (1 a local one) and both seemed fairly confidence of cloud and showers by afternoon, further north in the region drier. Wouldn't surprise me if tomorrow goes the shape of the pear as well (generally does when it comes to T-Storms).

Don't forget these people are 'professionals' and get paid...it's all very well predicting Atlantic conditions.

Edited by Froze were the Days

Posted

We have a potential tropical storm heading into the Atlantic right now, I'd wait until we've seen how the models handle it before getting hung-up on the long-range outlook. 

I feel optimistic that the Azores will ridge in time to have a warm dry spell in the UK, we may just have to wait until the middle of the month.

• Like 1

Posted
51 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

Rightly so - looked like one of those forecasts from a few days out that would be 'dodgy' though...higher pressure to the north with a weak trough to the south but I saw 2 Beeb forecasts yesterday (1 a local one) and both seemed fairly confidence of cloud and showers by afternoon, further north in the region drier. Wouldn't surprise me if tomorrow goes the shape of the pear as well (generally does when it comes to T-Storms).

Don't forget these people are 'professionals' and get paid...it's all very well predicting Atlantic conditions.

Don't forget they can only talk about what the models show them. If we had better models we would have better forecasts.

• Like 3

Posted

Interesting colours in the skies tonight, no filter required. I have no idea what the early hours will bring, but fingers crossed we all get some explosive convection aloft (perhaps not for brontophobes).

20220604_211344.jpg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Thunderstorm seems to be triggering towards the south or south east! BIG flash and distant BOOMS!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1