Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE, London & EA - Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Sad day for me as it marks 12 years since i lost my dad, 2 months before he met his Granddaughter. Had to be up early the last few days and have enjoyed the nice weather, but could tell this morning it's warming up. Still a nice breeze.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!
8 hours ago, Dami said:

Sad day for me as it marks 12 years since i lost my dad, 2 months before he met his Granddaughter. Had to be up early the last few days and have enjoyed the nice weather, but could tell this morning it's warming up. Still a nice breeze.

Sorry to hear that, Dami. Anniversaries are always hard.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Soz to be a party pooper, but I'm really hoping those temps don't come to fruition. I'm not a fan of the heat, and this country just cannot cope, 25c is just what I like. Talk of records being broken, doesn't float my boat, plus we need rain. 25c by day, and rain at night in the summer, as pop larkin says, perfick. Hope everyone is ok

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!
31 minutes ago, snowrye said:

Soz to be a party pooper, but I'm really hoping those temps don't come to fruition. I'm not a fan of the heat, and this country just cannot cope, 25c is just what I like. Talk of records being broken, doesn't float my boat, plus we need rain. 25c by day, and rain at night in the summer, as pop larkin says, perfick. Hope everyone is ok

Absolutely agree. Some of the runs being thrown up by the models are terrifying! The weather fanatic in me is wowed by the output but the sensible me is horrified! Our gardens and farms really don't need that heat/lack of rain (let alone our elderly and vulnerable!) Also scary from a climate point of view.

What worries me is there aren't any real downgrade runs appearing.....

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Darkcloud said:

Absolutely agree. Some of the runs being thrown up by the models are terrifying! The weather fanatic in me is wowed by the output but the sensible me is horrified! Our gardens and farms really don't need that heat/lack of rain (let alone our elderly and vulnerable!) Also scary from a climate point of view.

What worries me is there aren't any real downgrade runs appearing.....

Absolutely, I'm hoping a shortwave develops out of the blue. They alway scupper a cold and snowy spell, by suddenly appearing at t36 or less. There must be 1 lurking somewhere 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

I work outdoors for roughly 9hrs a day, so I'm in the not looking forward to it camp!

i also hope the night temperatures don't creep up too high!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Any sign of summer yet?

Overcast and windy yet again, and oh look, it's a northerly. 

I am fed up with this near constant strong breeze, hardly had a calm day for months. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course
4 hours ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

Any sign of summer yet?

Overcast and windy yet again, and oh look, it's a northerly. 

I am fed up with this near constant strong breeze, hardly had a calm day for months. 

Although I can't really complain, as we have had some good weather in my bit of the south east, there has been a constant, nagging and often cool wind, and without the sun warming the conservatory and back garden, my living room (home office) doors remain shut as the wind blows in making me cold. It hasn't even reached 18c today yet due to the cloud cover - fairly poor mid summer, midday temp. I'm sure it will jump if the sun appears.

Posted

22.3c the high this afternoon when the sun made an appearance, felt humid today too despite the mostly cloudy conditions.

Now down to 11.4c which is much more welcome than last nights low of 16c

• Like 1

Posted

Low was 9.9c in the end! Not bad for July, shame it’ll be the last cool night for a while.

Now sunny and 16.7c

Have a great Friday everyone!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

The skies cleared nicely during the afternoon here, reaching the forecast 23c. In fact Wittering up the road recorded 24.9, so not bad indeed.

There is already a fair amount of fair weather cloud that has built up this morning. Hopefully that won’t become too extensive, especially as sunny skies were forecast.

Edited by Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Yesterday afternoon was wonderful: strong intermittent sunshine, low RH and a refreshing northerly breeze; perfect for sweating to do what it's supposed to do. The next few days may be a tad tough for heat-haters, however?

Edited by Ed Stone
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

The cloud has dissipated to leave just a few tufts of cloud. Currently 25c, perfect for having lunch outside.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Last night was cool again, very pleasant for sleeping. Did a bit of midday gardening - proper Summer, no cold wind today but clouds have built a bit now. Just preparing for a week of the hot stuff, curtains closed and twice daily garden watering (the important stuff anyway - lawn is brown already!)

Posted

Beautiful breeze today, really not looking forward to the next week or so, those temps aren't good for anything

Edited by snowrye
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

It has that 'abroad' smell outside today. I wonder what causes it? Been at work all week so not had a chance to enjoy the weather so hope to make up for it at the weekend.

Posted
On 06/07/2022 at 11:04, Dami said:

Sorry to hear that mate,reminds me of 'the weather man says fine today be he dont know he's gone away and its raining,raining in my heart

• Thanks 1

Posted

And to be honest to people who have piped clean water on tap as such ,rain is an a annoyance,to people who live in drought conditions finding a clean drinkable puddle is a god send ,it seems its getting all or nothing thats worrying 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

It's been almost 6 weeks since my last visit and I hope everyone is well?  Max temperature here today was 28°C at 16:07 according to my weather station.  Currently  external temp is 18°C with no wind recorded at all.  However, it's recording 27°C inside the house this evening and suspect tonight and for the next week sleeping will be difficult.  

It was too warm to really enjoy the evening dog walk, although the surrounding countryside looked pretty in the evening sunshine - photos taken on the walk. 499816864_8Julyeveningdogwalk.thumb.jpg.e5915f086fd2d85f60644bce119111ef.jpg   

809349669_8Julyeveningdogwalk2.thumb.jpg.4d1342812176fbe8e2f184de3000aaad.jpg 

Sky/clouds taken a bit later around sunset from garden, while cooling off with a cold shandy.. racy life here!   Spot the moon peeping through that stunning orange cloud.

8 July 2022 cloudscapes.jpg

8 July 2022 cloudscapes3.jpg

8 July 2022 cloudscapes4.jpg

Edited by Soaring Hawk
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

The amplification of the wave is looking extremely likely now, so for people like me who hate the heat because I'll have to be at school or some of my ginger friends as well and I imagine many other people, it's not great news. The formation of that low just west of Spain will push heat even further North and temperatures are LIKELY to be above 30 degrees C widely I would think, with all that heat being trapped over the near continent and Africa, it could be even hotter. There are some hopes for it to be cooler if you like mid to high 20's and that's with the flattening of the wave but that's looking more and more unlikely with each run.

xx_model-en-330-0_modgbr_2022070900_144_1431_310.thumb.png.ecac0c8f4e9e234ffb260a2a8ae8bd06.pngxx_model-en-330-0_modusa_2022070900_144_1431_310.thumb.png.2032cb703e04ce304d477cb03169937d.pngxx_model-en-330-0_modez_2022070900_144_1431_310.thumb.png.276c390d1eee1f492442f6c85e4bf42f.pngxx_model-en-330-0_moddeu_2022070900_144_1431_310.thumb.png.25e1ce33e19a0b53c849c8dab3666fc3.png
With that trapped low, comes moisture combining with heat, possibility for thunderstorms.

xx_model-en-330-0_modez_2022070900_198_4855_548.pngxx_model-en-330-0_modez_2022070900_192_4855_548.png

Edited by Eagle Eye
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Nice day now the cloud has cleared. Just fair weather stuff again. 

Posted
21 hours ago, Polaris said:

Stunning summer day so far. 

High cloud pushing across now, usual British fest. 
Seems impossible to get a blue sky day nowadays. 

Impurities in the engine exhaust from the fuel, including sulfur compounds (0.05% by weight in jet fuel) so enough flights at high altitude contribute a lot (no mathematical wizard or chemist )so a   lot is enough ...it isn't natural is it ,so no vapour ..it doesn't mean its not kicking out impurities, just we can't see it .. just like ghosts of the past  because we can't always see them  doesn't mean they are not there 

Edited by TN9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!

No real rain in sight for the foreseeable. The further outlook looks a bit concerning with maximum temperatures forecast to hit 43C in some spots. We certainly need a good rain. The other day I was sitting on Writtle Green under a tree waiting for my wife to return from a shop and it was just like autumn with loads of leaves falling onto and around me. I also noticed the other day that some large trees have leaves browning already. Is this unusual?

Kind Regards

Dave

Posted

Gorgeous afternoon with lots of sunshine. A high of 26c.