Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

SE, London & EA - Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Sunny start to the day and that is essentially how it is going to remain today.

image.thumb.png.a988e080d2552aef53aaff5d1e0accea.png

26-29C the maximum temperatures today. A touch cooler around all coastal areas as afternoon sea breezes kick in.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!
2 hours ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Sunny start to the day and that is essentially how it is going to remain today.

image.thumb.png.a988e080d2552aef53aaff5d1e0accea.png

26-29C the maximum temperatures today. A touch cooler around all coastal areas as afternoon sea breezes kick in.

Any thoughts on the week ahead and next weekend please? I'm out on our boat (The Broads) for the week...wondering if I'd be better to head home instead as really not fancying high thirties/40c temps in a fibreglass box! The ecm freaking me out the last few days!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

My phone weather app says we’re not going to get above 24c all week including next weekend, I am on the coast but find that hard to believe 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.
2 hours ago, Darkcloud said:

Any thoughts on the week ahead and next weekend please? I'm out on our boat (The Broads) for the week...wondering if I'd be better to head home instead as really not fancying high thirties/40c temps in a fibreglass box! The ecm freaking me out the last few days!

Tomorrow looks to be the hottest day of the working week with temperatures peaking around the 29-32c mark. Tuesday was looking hotter but a stronger westerly flow is likely to bring more cloud into the region, it could still hit 30c, but probably towards the south of the region.

image.thumb.png.af23c19b2390080faf66fd782f4fbf5a.png   image.thumb.png.1eebee32275811a58acc1d472d9d5577.png

Wednesday, Thursday and Friday all look mostly fine with sunny spells with temperatures around the mid to possibly high twenties.

The weekend? I wouldn’t want to make a punt just yet, it depends on the path of that low west of Portugal but obviously there is the risk of very hot conditions developing across the region. It may not happen though and we could remain in a warm to very warm pattern with the heat contained to the continent.

• Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.
4 hours ago, tomp456 said:

My phone weather app says we’re not going to get above 24c all week including next weekend, I am on the coast but find that hard to believe 

Put it on a table and hit it with a hammer Tom

How are the "Summer is over" threads going?

By this time next week, we might be hoping it is lol

Posted

Some high cloud drifting over now after a sunny morning. Currently 28c with barely a breath of wind.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Usually it's a bit of a downer to get back from your hols, so after a couple of weeks in cool and unsettled Germany and Austria it's weird to be feeling like I've just arrived on my hols, thanks to this wonderful current spell of UK weather.

A snapshot of temps at 15.35 showed many in the Region were enjoying 27C, with London and a location just to the east of Ely (Santon Downham?) at 28C.

1763224283_Radarwithtemps10July22.thumb.jpg.f0d723b02fb661ca3907fbab648f9cc6.jpg

Source: Netweather V8 radar with overlay.

Here in Hadleigh there were some lovely cirrus to be enjoyed this afternoon:

607327021_CirrusHadleigh10thJuly22.thumb.jpg.508e4487a73633e2ad562ead946b2e83.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
14 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Usually it's a bit of a downer to get back from your hols, so after a couple of weeks in cool and unsettled Germany and Austria it's weird to be feeling like I've just arrived on my hols, thanks to this wonderful current spell of UK weather.

A snapshot of temps at 15.35 showed many in the Region were enjoying 27C, with London and a location just to the east of Ely (Santon Downham?) at 28C.

1763224283_Radarwithtemps10July22.thumb.jpg.f0d723b02fb661ca3907fbab648f9cc6.jpg

607327021_CirrusHadleigh10thJuly22.thumb.jpg.508e4487a73633e2ad562ead946b2e83.jpg

I wonder whether you'll still be enjoying it next weekend given that the models are converging on 41-42C for our region next Sunday, Malcolm?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

I swear my location by the Thames has its own microclimate. We have a cement works right near me a tile factory fuel and gas depots around me too, even in winter when every where even a few 100metres up the road has snow and frost we have nothing. We had the least snow during the Beast from the east that I know of nom ore than a max of maybe 4.5inches at the height of it while places just 3 or 4 miles away had double this or more. Were always warmer in winter as often a frost is forecast and I don't ever have to scrape my car say 1c is forecast I know I'm always safe from having to car scrape as here my thermometers still normally at 3 or 4c. I know my weather station is not the most technical but it definitely feels much hotter than 27-28c here today I posted in model output discussion yesterday saying we need another weather station between Dartford and Gravesend which often recorded the countries highest temps before they dismantled our only weather station, were flat, urban and suffer the sandy North Downs Foehn effect here so I'm pretty sure my weather station isn't far from the actual temp its def atleast 30c here just a shame we will never know the truth BBC and Met always forecast temps much lower than the actual temp here when I used to drive through all of London and Heathrow every day my van temp was always higher here than both those locations unless we had a Easterly wind or Northeasterly or during Spring for example when the North Sea is coldest.

20220710_163721.jpg

Edited by Kentspur
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October
32 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

It's showing a few 33c to 34c now too

Screenshot_20220710-165720_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220710-165741_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220710-165749_Chrome.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Really praying those extreme temps disappear soon. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
10 minutes ago, Kentspur said:

It's showing a few 33c to 34c now too

Screenshot_20220710-165720_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220710-165741_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220710-165749_Chrome.jpg

Hi Kentspur. I'm not a user of wunderground so this comment is made with limited knowledge, but my understanding is that many (most?) reports are from amateur weather stations and so caution required using the data, e.g. is their thermometer correctly positioned re shade, etc.

The Netweather V8 radar temperature overlay comes from feeds from Met Office stations and thus provides an official view of temps. Below I've switched the overlay to show the Top Ten UK Temps at 17.10 and it looks like London at 29C currently tops the leaderboard:

316419945_Radarwithtemps10July2217_10.thumb.jpg.39b4793df76c63b3527389dce06c6a5d.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms☃⛈

A Cracking Day - 8 July 2022 Time-Lapse

Posted

An utterly gorgeous day. A high of 28c, light winds all day and humidity at around 30%. Even the patchy bits of high cloud didn’t spoil the afternoon. Basically perfection.

• Like 4

Posted

Beautiful summers day today. 

Tomorrow looking good. 

Lots of cloud Forecast for Tuesday so despite BBC forecasting 32c I highly doubt it. I have never experienced 32c in this country without strong sunshine. 

Mid to high (Ish) twenties rest of week with a possibility of a warm up again by next weekend. 

Drink water, put on a fan and you’ll be fine.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

Beautiful day over here in my area also! Some nice cirrus clouds at the end of the day too looking like a flock of giant birds!

• Like 1

Posted

Countryfile forecast from Nick:

“high Pressure building back in for Thursday” 

Friday - “temperatures could be heading up again” 

Weekend “Temperatures could be in the form of extreme heat” 

“there is concern that 38.7c maxima is under threat, although a lot of things have to come together for that to happen, but just putting it out there there could be extreme heat for southern areas next weekend” 

Nick Miller**

57A46D48-4BBA-4536-BA38-7AF56AA1DCEC.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

Beautiful day but too hot for comfort.  Weather station saying today's top temperature was 29.7°C at 18:30, stayed at that temperature until 19:30 when it dropped to 28.8°C .  Currently 28.3°C .  Despite curtains closed and fans going the house is currently 27°C .   Wind from NW at 1.0mph.  Could do with yesterday evening's breeze, please!  

Harvesting started Thursday a few miles east of us and our fields (2 minute walk from house look ready for the next day or so).  Pretty cirrus clouds this evening. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!
10 hours ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Tomorrow looks to be the hottest day of the working week with temperatures peaking around the 29-32c mark. Tuesday was looking hotter but a stronger westerly flow is likely to bring more cloud into the region, it could still hit 30c, but probably towards the south of the region.

image.thumb.png.af23c19b2390080faf66fd782f4fbf5a.png   image.thumb.png.1eebee32275811a58acc1d472d9d5577.png

Wednesday, Thursday and Friday all look mostly fine with sunny spells with temperatures around the mid to possibly high twenties.

The weekend? I wouldn’t want to make a punt just yet, it depends on the path of that low west of Portugal but obviously there is the risk of very hot conditions developing across the region. It may not happen though and we could remain in a warm to very warm pattern with the heat contained to the continent.

Thank you Captain, that makes me feel a bit better. Will head for dry land on Friday I think!

Sun hot today but a lovely breeze, perfect!

Posted

So I really don't think the 40 degrees will be reached this week. Maybe later in the summer. Sunday/Monday next week is gonna be hot. Into the low 30's no doubt possiblybpishing mid 30's. Have to say I absolutely love this weather. We wait 9 months threw dross and rain and murk to get this. Long may it continue and if we could have one record breaking day then fabo. After all it's one day out of 365 days. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Looking ahead to this time next week I also feel mid 30*s is easily within reach and the UK record to be close, as for 40*c+ I think at this stage it's a very slim chance. It's still a long way off though.

I won't be disappointed to see low/mid 30s, I work outside and hardly any escape from the direct sun. It can do what it likes over the weekend though 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Fog, Frost, Storms and Rain if it rains like it means it.

Beautiful start to the day, 8.15am and 22°C - making the most of more usable temperatures in the garden before it all gets a little unbearable.

Posted

Sunny start, it is likely to stay that way all day. Just a light south to south west breeze. Temperatures still likely to peak at 30-32c. The hot spot could be just about anywhere from London northwards.